Season Ten, Event 53: One Hour Brutus Kill

Brutus smash Ranger !@
MS off vendor, accel in upper submerged. If i didn't win with rng like that I dont think i ever could.

But nugi just got a 6l coil so whos the real winner here.
My best run yet, still not enough :D Got 3 rare wands from Brutus, ms at Graveyard, 2qs at Coves.. Thanks Chris! :D
>13mins 51sec
>14th Ladder
>3rd Duelist

Had an awesome start with a Whetstone dropping form Hillock allowing me to get 2x Iron rings and a Rustic.

Smooth sailing until Ledge... aaaaand then it's Puncture dogs. Had to skip half the mobs of the whole zone, was below 10% health running my ass off from the WP onwards.

The Climb, first to zone...MORE DOGS. Killed a few when bunched, firetrapped lobster packs and the few archers there were which got me to Lv 4. Barely.

Speed ran most of Lower Prison hoping to farm Upper for top-tier gear for Brutus.

"Unfortunately" I had a dream Upper Prison map, finding Brutus door after max 45 seconds. Hastily ground shitty white mobs to get to from Lv5 to 6. Dinged and decided to gun it without the important Lv7 notable passive since I had a TP scroll as well.

Bossfight was horribly slow, had to use TP and had only the following gear:

TP'd once to town, grabbed a Stone axe off Tarkleigh and extra potion off Nessa. Zoned back, finished Brutus off in 10 seconds but too late, another masterrace had taken 1st/1st and I dropped to 14/3. Oh well, 6seconds off my PB despite the huge undergearing and I DIDN'T DIE :D

Pro Starting Tip
- At the very start, open all chests on the way to Hillock and collect everything that drops
- Sell everything at Lioneye's Watch to get ID scrolls for gear purchases
- Gear priority: Movespeed boots > 2x Iron Rings > Coral Amulet > Rustic Sash
- With some or all of these you will be oneshotting many packs and be on track for Lv7 Brutus

Skill gets you to top 20. Luck gets you dat Demigod's ;)
"
faffer wrote:
this was the best brutus race i've played this season so far :-) i made it in 13 min 28! this is my gear:
proof u dont need op drops
"
mallow wrote:
some angry people up in here

I always find it amusing to see some of the upper-tier racers call the game "retarded' when things don't go their way. Sure, desync. But layouts, mob packs and shrines? RNG is R, folks. If you dun like it, there's always Minecraft. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Slept through my alarm, and was just woken by chance with a few minutes left. Just barely edged out Brutus kill, but not enough for level 13. 7 points better than none. Yesterday was a wash. All the 1am PST races recently has wasted my early mornings, haha.

On event 37 Brutus kill I was cool as you like being the last Brutus slayer at 59 minutes, 43 seconds.

Shoutout to Azimuth69 that had the super close edging out of Brutus as 59 minutes, 59 seconds. Well done Sir! Cool must be your middle name.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE̎̑͆̏
Last edited by Snapfire on Jan 3, 2015, 12:11:01 PM
"
alphaccount wrote:
... Bossfight was horribly slow, had to use TP and had only the following gear: ...

Wow. I'm impressed you lived. That must have been slow.
Random Number Generation is something else. I found 3 quicksilvers this race, in addition to the one I got for the medicine chest mission. Granted, 2 of the 3 I found were after the 50 minute mark, maybe 15-20 minutes after I killed Brutus, but still, something else.
it start right now in this month right

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info