Season Ten, Event 47: One Hour Brutus Kill

Full explored upper prison again... game just hates me :(
>13mins 56sec
>11th Ladder
>1st Duelist!

My 1st ever Demigod's Eye!! :D

Gear was very mediocre except for MVP alch orb from upper prison used on rustic sash. Given that I was 40% into Lv7 I could have very realistically finished a minute faster.

Things that worked well on this run
- Gear priority Iron Ring x2 > 2H AXE > MS boots > Rustic Sash > Necklace > the rest
- Collecting all items 4spaces or smaller before Submerged Passage WP (ie not chest/2h gear)
- Returning to town at Submerged WP and selling gear for ID scroll currency
- Then buy remaining gear set, get Fire Trap, return to run

Improvements for next time
- Aim to arrive at Brutus right on Level 7. which means
--- Blue packs ONLY from start to finish
--- Skip crates but open all chests along the way (insta loot drops)
- Pray Helmann is having a nap at time of race

edit: 250point hype!

Last edited by alphaccount on Jan 2, 2015, 5:02:57 AM
Hilock:

Oozeback (was camped out on a nest):

Spent too much time on the ledge, Acceleration shrine on climb, wrong way in Lower Prison, good enough Upper.

Chanced right before Brute:

7th Duelist overall.
I killed Brutus at around 28 minutes,

WHY I AM NOT ON THE LADDER? :(
Proud Crusader of Hardcore Leagues.
"
Lordemore wrote:
"
RhoaWhisperer wrote:
Cant wait to unlock my cybils paw!

best of luck to yall

GL bro. :)

Let nobody RIP in this race. :P

Especially at lvl 13 or higher! ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Got totally lost in upper sumberged (one of those layouts with lots of bridges -_-)

I so suck at Brutus/Merv kills... at least got this

Ofc no MS boots, first mana flask drops after Brutus...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jan 2, 2015, 4:45:51 AM
"
alphaccount wrote:
>13mins 56sec
>11th Ladder
>1st Duelist!

[demigod's go here after race finishes]

Gear was very mediocre except for MVP alch orb from upper prison used on rustic sash. Given that I was 40% into Lv7 I could have very realistically finished a minute faster.

Things that worked well on this run
- Gear priority Iron Ring x2 > 2H AXE > MS boots > Rustic Sash > Necklace > the rest
- Collecting all items 4spaces or smaller before Submerged Passage WP (ie not chest/2h gear)
- Returning to town at Submerged WP and selling gear for ID scroll currency
- Then buy remaining gear set, get Fire Trap, return to run

Improvements for next time
- Aim to arrive at Brutus right on Level 7. which means
--- Blue packs ONLY from start to finish
--- Skip crates but open all chests along the way (insta loot drops)
- Pray Helmann is having a nap at time of race

Congratulations! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
alphaccount wrote:
>13mins 56sec
>11th Ladder
>1st Duelist!

Gratz on the demi :P

Ive seen a couple of your posts and I'm glad that you are enjoying races.

My only question is why alch a rustic? Personally I'd go gloves since there's a high chance of damage mods.
Gaddamn Goatment slowing me down in the climb. Very under equipped for armour or evasion combined with massive packs leapslamming me equated to a lot of frenzied pot spamming, knees bent, running away behaviour!

Also noticing a few problems with firetraps not triggering. Perhaps desync or maybe I'm just a lousy tosser ;)

Got my max points in plenty of time so very happy. Not much in the way of good drops, everything decent in my panoply was either crafted after I cleared Coves and attained Lvl 13 or during that period. One break I did get was that yellow sceptre with the +1 Lightning. Happy with that!

Hope everyone else went well too!

Had three Saphire rings drop and no intention of seeing Merveil so that was a waste. Also, lots of gem drops which helped to craft rings to craft sceptre. Oh, and the wand dropped right at the end of coves so no use to me in the race, but if I was going on to Merveil I might have moved from extra elemental damage to extra spell damage.

Edited to add: Congrats Alpha and thanks for the write up too, I always enjoy them :)
Last edited by Aldora_the_Summoner on Jan 2, 2015, 4:57:02 AM
@CreativeAspect

I've always Alch'd rustics as a synergy for the 80% IPD weapon recipe but in future I'll definitely alch gloves on shorter races. Wasn't aware that they were a better target, thanks for the tip!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info