2. Videos
3. Passive tree & Bandits
4. Gem setup
5. Gear setup
6. Current gear setup
7. FAQ

1. Theorycrafting, ideas and general information

- Reflect Safety
This build can be made reflect safe by taking Vaal Pact (1 point extra) and swapping the Melee Physical Damage Gem for a Life Leech gem. If you got Celestial Judgement the extra Lightning Penetration will hurt you slightly but combined with Warlord's Mark you should have plenty of leech, just keep that in mind on curse immune enemies.
Reflect Mechanics

Vaal Pact Life Leech gem = 8.8 * 0.4 = 3.52% Leech
Doryani's Leech = 2 * 0.4 = 0.8% Leech
Warlord's Mark Leech = 6.9 * 0.4 = 2.76% Leech
Total leech with VP = 7.08%

18% Reflect (Maps):
79% Resist = 0.21 * 0.18 * 100 = 3.78% effective Life Leech needed to negate reflect.
77% Resist (Penetration) = 0.23 * 0.18 * 100 = 4.17%

14% Reflect (Mobs):
79% Resist = 0.21 * 0.14 * 100 = 2.94% effective Life Leech needed to negate reflect.
77% Resist (Penetration) = 0.23 * 0.14 * 100 = 3.22%

- The usual DPS "epeenery"
As usual the tooltip dps does not reflect the actual applied dps, it feels really fast though especially combined with the overkill burn.This is the actual dps.My gems are not 20*20 so the dps will increase.
Current dps is 85.600 skilled Born to fight now !

DPS

6L Doryani's: Current dps is 85.600 skilled Born to fight now !

6L Rare Sceptre (~230 pDPS):

5L Doryani's:

5L Rare Sceptre (~230 pDPS):

4L Rare Sceptre (~230 pDPS):

- Static Strike analysis:
SS Information

Static Strike will convert 60% of your physical damage into lightning damage. When combined with the Physical to Lightning support it will convert all physical damage to lightning.
It scales off physical damage, lightning damage and elemental damage, although elemental damage is preferred due to scaling with Herald of Ash, Thunder and the Hatred Aura.

Static Strike has a base duration per charge of 0.75 seconds and each hit you land generates a charge which will explode after the duration. Each charge has it's own duration which causes staggered explosions based on your attack speed.

Example:
Attack Speed: 0.25s

1. explosion at 0.75s
2. explosion at 1.00s
3. explosion at 1.25s and so on.

The explosion deals 70% of your hit damage as lightning damage and auras, buffs, added elemental damage apply.

The explosion mechanic basically adds your dps minus 30% to your actual raw dps after the initial delay:

First second dps = Your_DPS + Your_DPS * 0.7 * attack_speed
Sustained dps after delay = Your_DPS + Your_DPS * 0.7

Given my current setup this translates into roughly 136'000 raw dps.

- Why Doryani's?
Spoiler

Doryani's has a pretty decent physical dps and more importantly gives you a maximum of 110% increased elemental damage per weapon which translates into quite ridiculous scaling.

It's pretty hard to find a ~300 DPS sceptre with decent APS and crit but if you're playing standard you might be able to get your hands on a better sceptre given the currency.

The build will of course also work with a rare mace/sceptre but the dps will of course be lower unless you're getting your hands on a ~400dps sceptre.

- Maps
Spoiler

This build runs maps just fine but there are a few no-go mods.

Very Hard:
- 50% Reg (easy doable with VP, difficult without)
- Blood Magic (doable but slow due to lack of auras)
- Elemental Reflect (easier with Vaal Pact, really difficult without)

Hard:
- -Max Resist (Reflect mobs can kill you, especially hard when combined with Elemental Reflect maps)
- Elemental Weakness (Unless your resistances, especially Lightning are way over cap)
- Curse Immunity (Due to reliance on Warlords Mark for a lot of leech reflect mobs can get nasty)

Any combination of those mods (especially -Max and Reflect) are pretty much unplayable, keep that in mind.

-Defence
Screenshot

- Abyssus + Lightning Coil dilemma
Theory

All this is based on my current knowledge of how damage conversion and modifier stacking works.

Abyssus increases your physical damage taken by 40-50%:

100 * 1.4 = 140%

The passive Soul of Steel reduces physical damage taken by 4%:

140 * 0.96 = 134.4%

Lightning Coil converts 30% to Lightning:

134.4 * 0.3 = 40.32% of total physical damage taken as lightning, 94.08% physical damage left.

Lightning resist (79% assumed):

40.32 * 0.21 = 8.4672% of total physical damage taken as actual lightning damage taken.

Total damage taken:
102.5472% of the actual incoming physical damage taken. Armor not taken into account.

- Links
Link collection

PoE Wiki @ Gamepedia
PoE Trade Indexer
PoE Weapon Calculator Work in progress, you can add your own weapons in the "Waffen" tab and select them in the dropdown menu on the Calculator tab. It's read-only but you can make a copy if you have a google account.

2. Videos

I'll add more videos!

3. Passive Tree & Bandits

Why Templar:
The new Templar area is now based on good elemental damage and survivalbility. The new nodes Celestial Punishment and Celestial Judgement are good boost for this build because they give elemental penetration and increased damage against frozen, shocked or ignited enemies. Near the Templar are some of the best reduce mana reservation nodes in the tree that you need to run all auras and you also get the Galvanic Hammer circle that gives you elemental damage, accuracy, critical strike chance and multiplier which incredible for this build.

The passive tree doesn't include that many damage nodes due to the incredible scaling from Static Strike, Herald of Thunder and Ash, Hatred and Physical to Lightning especially when combined with two Doryani's. If you're planning on running different gear you might want to add some more damage nodes and drop a few survivability ones. You can also get more Endurance Charges if you like.

Builds:

Current Build

10 Points
20 Points
30 Points
40 Points
50 Points
60 Points
70 Points
80 Points
90 Points
100 Points
110 Points

Bandits:

These choices are based on my current build, if you're planning on getting charges change accordingly.

Normal: Help Oak for the 40 life
Cruel: Kill all or help Oak for the 18% Physical Damage
Merciless: Kill all or help for Endurance/Power charge if you're running an adapted build/different gear.

4. Gem Setup

The whole build revolves around the combination of the high damage per hit/explosion of Static Strike combined with the overkill burn of Herald of Ash.

Also due to the damage conversion mechanics this build will deal NO physical damage.
This is why running a Warlord's Mark is almost mandatory unless you're confident enough that the 2% Elemental Leech from the Doryani's will keep you alive, it also gives you plenty of Endurance Charges to keep the Immortal Call running.

I repeat, if you're running the Phys-to-Lightning gem you will not deal any physical damage

If you're running with a party you can either drop the curse for something else and swap the Molten Shell for Enduring Cry or make sure your Warlord's Mark will stay on the enemies.

Due to the fact that it requires both Herald of Thunder and Ash to be four-linked (three in the Doryani's) the gems in the second weaponslot might seem weird but the Hatred gives a lot and you can't run another aura so feel free to drop a Portal in there or a Vaal Gem.

Gems to get quality on:
- Static Strike (0.5% Increased Area per 1% Quality)
- Physical to Lightning (0.75% increased Physical and Lightning Damage per 1% Quality)
- Faster Attacks (0.5% Increased Attack Speed per 1% Quality)
- Immortal Call (Additional +0.01 seconds Base Duration per Endurance Charge)
- Increased Duration (+0.5% increased Skill Effect Duration per 1% Quality)

You can of course get quality on the other gems but the increase is usually negligible/not worth the price. If you got the currency get quality on all gems except:
- Leap Slam
- Reduced Mana

Gem Setup

Chest

6L: Static Strike - Physical to Lightning - Weapon Elemental Damage - Multistrike - Blood Magic - Melee Physical Damage

5L: Static Strike - Physical to Lightning - Weapon Elemental Damage - Multistrike - Blood Magic

4L: Static Strike - Weapon Elemental Damage - Multistrike - Blood Magic

Helm

- Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Warlord's Mark - Reduced Mana

Gloves

Doryani's Version:
- Vaal Lightning Strike - Fast Attacks - Leap Slam - Blood Magic

Rare Mace/Sceptre:
- Herald of Ash - Reduced Mana - Elemental Proliferation - Purity of Lightning

Weapons

Doryani's Version:
- Herald of Ash - Reduced Mana - Purity of Lightning

Rare Mace/Sceptre:
- Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Blood Magic

Second Weapon:
- Hatred - Reduced Mana - Free Slot

Boots

- Cast When Damage Taken - Molten Shell - Immortal Call - Increased Duration

If you're not running Warlord's Mark you should swap the Molten Shell for Enduring Cry.

5. Gear Setup

While the build really starts to kick ass once you get two Doryani's and Abyssus it also works rather nicely with "just" two rare sceptres/maces or even a shield.
If you're looking for more survivabilty feel free to get a decent armor or armor/es shield you will notice a dps drop though.

Gear

You will have to make sacrifices and changes depending on your current resists, life, dps and availability of items. Stats noted below the jewelry are ordered by dps gained.

The Lightning Coil and Abyssus are mandatory and compliment each other. Without the Abyssus you will not need the Lightning Coil but your dps will suffer heavily on the other hand you will also gain quite some tankiness.

As with many other builds it tends to lack attributes so you might want to pick some up on the boots and jewelry.

- Lightning Coil
To reduce the increased physical damage taken by the Abyssus, the additional flat Lightning Damage is also nice

- 2x Doryani's Catalyst
Preferably perfect rolled of course but any roll should do fine.

- Alternative Weapons
High pDPS sceptres can work quite nice as well for this build and even surpass Doryani's given high enough pDPS. Stats you're looking for:

Added Physical Damage
Increased Physical Damage
Local Critical Strike Chance
Critical Strike Multiplier
Increased Attack Speed
Elemental Damage
Lightning Damage

- Abyssus 40/150
Should really look for a decent roll especially with the increased physical damage taken. Depending on your other items you will also need it for the additional attributes.

- Rings:
Weapon Elemental Damage
Increased Lightning Damage
Attack Speed
Added Physical Damage
Critical Strike Chance
Added Lightning Damage

- Amulet:
Critical Damage Multiplier
Weapon Elemental Damage
Critical Strike Chance
Increased Lightning Damage
Added Physical Damage
Added Lightning Damage

- A Rustic Sash
Weapon Elemental Damage and Life/Resists depending on your needs, alternatively a Doryani's Invitation (Lightning) this will leave you with less life though.

- Maligaro's Virtuosity
There are simply no better gloves for any weapon based crit builds, if you lack the currency or resists/life you can get by with a pair of rare gloves with IAS/Added Physical Damage

- Boots
Try to get some with Intelligence to meet the gem requirements

Flasks

1. Divine Life Flask, Seething - of Staunching or of Heat
or
Eternal Life Flask, Catalyzed - of Staunching or of Heat

1. Divine Life Flask, Seething - of Staunching or of Heat
or
Eternal Life Flask, Catalyzed - of Staunching or of Heat
You could also run a Divine Life Flask with reduced recovery speed that gives around 6k HP over 10s if you're running Vaal Pact to counter Burning Ground and similar effects.

3. Granite Flask, Surgeon's - of Staunching, of Heat or of Warding
4. Atziri's Promise, for extra leech and damage
5. Quicksilver Flask, Surgeon's - of Warding or of Adrenaline

6. Current Gear Setup:
Spoiler

6. FAQ

- Can I run Atziri?
Yes you can. As with any rather "low life" melee build it depends a lot on your movement skill. The DPS can easily be enough to two- or even oneshot the bosses but your survivability will be too low to facetank the Trio and Atziri especially without Vaal Pact.

- How about reflect?
You will die to reflect. As with any elemental crit build you will need at least a Life Leech gem, Vaal Pact, Purity of Lightning and even some more Life Leech to "face-roll" elemental reflect maps but it's easily doable.

- I'm poor, plx help!
While the full build really rawks it comes at a cost, it will take you some time to get 2 Doryani's, a decent Abyssus and a 5L/6L Lightning Coil but the passive tree and gem setup works "just fine" with rare equipment, just don't expect to oneshot blue packs on Courtyard maps.

- I die a lot!
Be careful around Elemental Reflect, try to kill the easier mobs and let Herald of Ash do the work or get a LL gem.
As with any build make sure to get your hands on some resist/life gear during leveling and some better weapons once your DPS gets too low.

PoE Trade Indexer Try to grab some cheap items
Vendor Recipes especially the weapon recipes can give you a cheap but powerful weapon early on
Also don't forget the masters, even a level 3-4 Vagan/Haku can give you some nice mods on your items for a few Augmentations.

- Is it hardcore/bloodlines viable?
It can be done. But as with any crit build you will have to take extra precautions (see Reflect Safety) and you will probably run with a shield and a rare helm instead of Abyssus.
You could also go non-crit but the Mace nodes are honestly just too good and it's not the focus of this build.

- I don't like crit?
You can go ham and drop all the crit nodes and opt for just physical and elemental damage nodes, it won't do as much dps but it will work. You will also lose some Herald of Thunder procs and thus curse less often.

- This build makes me desync, please fix?
Honestly desyncs are really rare if you follow a few guidelines:
- Get a LAN cable, WLAN causes packet-loss and packet-loss causes desyncs
- Don't try to move through mobs/doors/strongboxes, this includes both normal walking and movement skills
- Keep your internet connection clean. Running HD streams, watching TV and listening to music while gaming can cause issues with your connection to GGG's servers which can cause desync. Move your ZiggyD time to when you're not trying to kill Atziri or running Vaal Temples

Last edited by Materie on Dec 30, 2014, 5:58:59 PM
While your guide is better than mine, your build isn't more than a bad copy of my build...less damage, less survivability, im not impressed. And maybe you shouldnt title it 136k staticstrike because thats only the single target dps after 0.75 seconds lol.
And abyssus+lc is still shit cuz you still get about the same damage, need purity of light and lose stats on chest/helmet. Especially because doryanis havent even got 7% critchance...

What are your defensive stats exactly? Life and so on you know.
Edit: warlords mark should be useless without vaal pact (and when using blood magic) since you can only leech 20% of your own life per second. And with 2% leech and 136k dps you would leech 2720 life per second already (if you had 13,6k life lol)
Last edited by Powerlenny on Dec 30, 2014, 10:47:55 AM
"
Powerlenny wrote:
While your guide is better than mine, your build isn't more than a bad copy of my build...less damage, less survivability, im not impressed. And maybe you shouldnt title it 136k staticstrike because thats only the single target dps after 0.75 seconds lol.
And abyssus+lc is still shit cuz you still get about the same damage, need purity of light and lose stats on chest/helmet. Especially because doryanis havent even got 7% critchance...

What are your defensive stats exactly? Life and so on you know.
Edit: warlords mark should be useless without vaal pact (and when using blood magic) since you can only leech 20% of your own life per second. And with 2% leech and 136k dps you would leech 2720 life per second already (if you had 13,6k life lol)

Hey sir

Under Theorycrafting Point Abyssus + Lightning coil you will see the math about this setup

All this is based on my current knowledge of how damage conversion and modifier stacking works.

Abyssus increases your physical damage taken by 40-50%:

100 * 1.4 = 140%

The passive Soul of Steel reduces physical damage taken by 4%:

140 * 0.96 = 134.4%

Lightning Coil converts 30% to Lightning:

134.4 * 0.3 = 40.32% of total physical damage taken as lightning, 94.08% physical damage left.

Lightning resist (79% assumed):

40.32 * 0.21 = 8.4672% of total physical damage taken as actual lightning damage taken.

Total damage taken:
102.5472% of the actual incoming physical damage taken. Armor not taken into account.

So you get 2 % more dmg but the dmg increase is insane ...

Also will Vaal pact life leech with 40 effectiness
Last edited by Materie on Dec 30, 2014, 5:07:11 PM
Well actually LC converts 30% not 70%...
And this is ONLY about the items not nodes.
so 100*1,4 (abyssus)=140
140*0,7=98 phys damage
140*0,3*0,21=8.82 lightning damage
So overall you get MORE dmg

And about vaal pact:
With 2% ll, your dps and 5k life you get 1k life per second per monster hit! Without vaal pact you would get 1k life per second no matter how many mobs you hit.
And for vaal pact the additional ll from warlords mark counts.
Last edited by Powerlenny on Dec 30, 2014, 11:39:27 AM
I added the new math .. So you will get overall 2 % more dmg ... but the Dmg you get from Abyssus in insane an i wont leave it so haters gona hate
Last edited by Materie on Dec 30, 2014, 11:56:01 AM
"
Materie wrote:
I added the new math .. So you will get overall 2 % more dmg ... but the Dmg you get from Abyssus in insane an i wont leave it so haters gona hate

hehe, keep the cost in mind^^
-40*0,71=28,4% reserved mana from purity= without it you could remove BM from Static Strike and put for example faster attacks in (wich increases dmg by about 30% in my case)
-life/res on head or for example rats nest
-better options for the chest for example belly or carcass

and im still missing the defence section xD

anyways its cool to see other people doing it dual dorys instead of this retarded 2h builds xD

(math for warlords mark and vaal pact: 2% LL from gear+6,9% LL from Mark= 8,9% LL
136k dps*0,089*0,4=4841,6 life leeched per second per cursed monster! in comparison to 1k life per second assuming you have 5k life overall (number of mobs dont matter since ll only works for 1 hit not for 1 attack as LgoH)
Well written Guide in my opinion. Will try it in Bloodlines.
In case you've been wondering who the second guy mentioned is, that'd be me :>

I'm also responsible for the theorycrafting part so feel free to reply or contact me ingame @FaulerSuck in case you got questions.

Most of the questions asked so far should be covered in the theory section.

Abyssus and LC are of course a "bad" choice from a defensive point of view but the damage gained by this combination outweighs the ~3% more damage taken by far.

It also means you can drop a lot of damage nodes for more survivability but that's not really the focus of this build as it's meant for clearing "easy" maps fast and it does that really well.

@Powerlenny

It might be my english skills but you're not really making sense.
Life leech is damage based which is based on damage dealt per hit and is not target limited.
Static Strike's explosion will not benefit from a life leech gem but it will leech from every single Warlord's Mark target as well as any target hit by the explosion due to the 2% leech from the Doryani's.

Of course it will result in some absurdly long life leech based on the life with relatively low HP/s.
Given the high damage it's almost impossible to do reflect maps without Vaal Pact but that's covered in the reflect section.

Swapping out Blood Magic is simply not doable with this passive tree and gear setup as you lack any sort of mana leech or regen to sustain the high attack speed, and you can't take the Warlord's Mark leech for granted as there are curse immune mobs in the game.

Also the build doesn't need even more DPS if you can 2-3 shot a Palace Dominus, the only thing it might need is more survivabilty that can be achieved by swapping around passive nodes.

This build was built upon using Abyssus and Lightning Coil thus switching them for something else means doing a pretty much completely different build.

o/
Last edited by HeavensRejected on Dec 30, 2014, 11:34:41 PM
"
In case you've been wondering who the second guy mentioned is, that'd be me :>

I'm also responsible for the theorycrafting part so feel free to reply or contact me ingame @FaulerSuck in case you got questions.

Most of the questions asked so far should be covered in the theory section.

Abyssus and LC are of course a "bad" choice from a defensive point of view but the damage gained by this combination outweighs the ~3% more damage taken by far.

It also means you can drop a lot of damage nodes for more survivability but that's not really the focus of this build as it's meant for clearing "easy" maps fast and it does that really well.

@Powerlenny

It might be my english skills but you're not really making sense.
Life leech is damage based which is based on damage dealt per hit and is not target limited.
Static Strike's explosion will not benefit from a life leech gem but it will leech from every single Warlord's Mark target as well as any target hit by the explosion due to the 2% leech from the Doryani's.

Of course it will result in some absurdly long life leech based on the life with relatively low HP/s.
Given the high damage it's almost impossible to do reflect maps without Vaal Pact but that's covered in the reflect section.

Swapping out Blood Magic is simply not doable with this passive tree and gear setup as you lack any sort of mana leech or regen to sustain the high attack speed, and you can't take the Warlord's Mark leech for granted as there are curse immune mobs in the game.

Also the build doesn't need even more DPS if you can 2-3 shot a Palace Dominus, the only thing it might need is more survivabilty that can be achieved by swapping around passive nodes.

This build was built upon using Abyssus and Lightning Coil thus switching them for something else means doing a pretty much completely different build.

o/

my point about vaal pacts insane effectivenes for this build is the following:
These are copied from the poe wiki and 100% legit

"Multiple leech effects
Separate applications of life leech do not stack cumulatively. Each life leech effect remains present on the character until it runs its course, but only one with the highest recovery rate will actually restore life at any given moment"

"Example with an area of effect hit
Assume the character has 1,000 maximum life and lands an area of effect hit that would leech a total of 600 life with the default recovery rate factor, and that four enemies are hit simultaneously.

Using the formula for recovery duration, each leech effect would last 3.0 seconds. All four leech effects are applied at the same time, so the total recovery duration is 3.0 seconds. Therefore, 600 life is restored over 3.0 seconds.

3.0 * 200 = 600
This demonstrates that the total amount of leech recovery is not affected by the number of enemies hit."

It is target limited to use your words

As I'm running an almost identical build, I played with gear and the tree, i actually tried Abyssus+LC setup and With all the tree/gear changed I had to make to get capped resists again (and losing faster attacks gem for bm) and I only got 3k dps more than with my Belly+faster attacks instead of BM+normal Helmet+more dmg nodes setup. While in this setup I got almost 1k more life!
(now that I see your newly added defence section, I should add that I have 1k life more than you aswell, and not 3k dps less but 139k MORE (275k in total w/o shock)

Mana is truly no problem if youre running HoT+Curse on Hit+Warlords Mark.
I have 0 Mana nodes from the tree, only some reduced cost/life hybrids and no mana problems

for Longer fights ild have to change faster attacks for mana leech but as you already said, you kill stuff so fast that you dont have to regenerate much mana.

I dont want to make your build look bad. I'm just telling you things to improve your build! Why dont you want to get 1k more life and twice your damage? only because it would be a "completely different build" with exactly the same playstyle xD

+It's kinda disappointing that you dont kill Dom in your Video.
Want to see you 2 shotting him
Last edited by Powerlenny on Dec 31, 2014, 4:45:13 AM
More videos will follow .. Sorry i record for the first time and this free version crashed 2 times ... like you see in the video there is a cut ... i will make a new video this week

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info