1.3.0h Patch Notes, PvP Invitees so far and CTF Event Modification

"
Aux wrote:
Is there any way the PvP queue for dailies/etc. can be changed to 3v3 as well? It's impossible to get a 6v6 going without making your own alt accounts and queueing them along with you on different computers.

yea that true

So PVP is gong well?

It will go well.

If you offer people free money they will queue in the rain.

Statistics can then conclude that people love queuing in the rain.
Casually casual.

@Chris
Bro, do you even X-mass? :D
Huh, so now Torment is Standard until high end Maps? (which few players actually gets to)

One spirit/hour is a Good rate atm, ''coool''.... Sometimes it can even go several hours before I'm seeing one.

Increase the spawn rate across the board. At least make it the same spawn rate as the Lockboxes. The LOCKBOXES from PREVIOUS LEAGUE is spawning more frequently than the spirits.

#Fail.
"
dlrr wrote:
Some nice changes and quick fixes there, during the holidays no less, thanks!

Looking forward to the following changes:

- Arena access for PVP characters
- PVP as a dialogue option from hideout instead of only relying on Maramoa or the "B" button (both of which are unintuitive for new players who aren't familiar with the UI)
- PVP tournaments from new leagues that removes crazy legacy crafted items

Other ideas to consider to make LLD more accessible to a larger pool of players:

- Limit LLD to characters with gear using 4 links and below. It doesn't make sense that characters have affixes limited by level but not links
- Add more level 28 unique weapons. Geofri's Baptism and Reverberation Rod have given newer players a fighting chance against the crazy bows and having more of these will improve players' ability to enjoy the game

Currently, the difference in level between top level gear and one that's relatively accessible is too vast, but CAN be solved with a new league and new uniques to reduce the gap from BIS rares.

Another suggestion to consider to increase PVP interest. GUILD TOURNEYS with guild-only rewards. Team-based games always take on much more interest both from players and viewers.

As for the invitiationals, I'm looking forward to it! Here's hoping it'll be casted professionally like other e-sports. Any chance we can get Kripp in to cast? He has got pretty strong casting experience. Willywonka did a great job during poearena's tourney as well. Greendude's a must have given his intense knowledge but will need to work on his delivery.

totally agree with u.
"
TwentyB wrote:
Chris, please reconsider making 1v1 PvP the signature events. In no other RPG is 1v1 a focus in PvP because it puts a huge microscope on balance.

Games like World of Warcraft that have its own PvP systems and specific gear would never consider 1v1 in any sort of ranked play because of its balance issues, the least you can do is 2v2, and there's still a long list of balance complaints.

Like most other competitive PvP games, team play should be the main focus for balancing and tournaments. This way at least there are no direct hard counters for classes, and a hard counter for one class can be supplemented by adding a counter for that class to your party. This will generally mean the party whose most organized will win and puts a much lesser focus on individual class balance.

they want to use a huge microscope on balance.
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
"
Maxwells wrote:
Huh, so now Torment is Standard until high end Maps? (which few players actually gets to)

One spirit/hour is a Good rate atm, ''coool''.... Sometimes it can even go several hours before I'm seeing one.

Increase the spawn rate across the board. At least make it the same spawn rate as the Lockboxes. The LOCKBOXES from PREVIOUS LEAGUE is spawning more frequently than the spirits.

#Fail.

i don't play torment to find the spirits, i play torment because i play poe.

even though i prefear blood lines, more fun in there.
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
"
Akrasjel wrote:
Would be cool to se some stats from PvP... then we woud know something

They probably won't do that. Publicly showing how many people do (or dont) play a certain game or game-mode only provides nay-sayers with amunition to shoot the devs with.
Last edited by Tom7i on Dec 29, 2014, 11:30:09 AM
Hope the karma coin stuff comes soon! I'd like to grab some gore fireworks with it!!!! =D
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

IGN: Baacon
Lordsidro is way to OP imo, pls nerf :P Kappa

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info