2.0 HoA BURN - 3x curse INSANE dmg

no link to melee version, haven't even bothered with respecing him or using him at all ever again. the ranged version is 1000% more effective and efficient. lots more dps too. its just too easy compared to the melee.

i don't play the game much anymore, get online maybe 3 times a week to do the dailies but nothing really more than that.

its cool you noticed the thread tho and enjoy the concept.
What's the reason the ranged version is so much better? I did the math and unless I'm off, damage wise they should be neck to neck.
Is it pierce and its ability to ignite mobs all over the map with a single shot?
Last edited by fae76 on Mar 26, 2015, 3:37:06 AM
"
fae76 wrote:
What's the reason the ranged version is so much better? I did the math and unless I'm off, damage wise they should be neck to neck.
Is it pierce and its ability to ignite mobs all over the map with a single shot?

its the 3x curse. the damage is neck to neck with the ranged vs melee when i don't use any curses on the ranged (but still using them on melee). but as soon as i shoot my lightning arrow and curse things with my 3x curse (elemental weakness, flammability, assassin's mark) the burn doubles in speed, or at least seems to, so its probably pretty close.

the damage per hit for the melee should actually be quite a bit bigger. i can't remember how much normal damage i had but i definitely had higher crit multi (because of abyssus). umm..ya i can't remember fully when i was dual wield with bino's and catalyst (super high elemental dmg) but the dmg still wasn't as good.

i mean, on my ranged build my lightning arrow (for curses) does 508-1256 normal dmg with 365% crit multi. even with that if i crit i can clear an entire map easily with that type of damage. my burning arrow does 8120-18830 damage with 365% multi. add onto that the 3x curses and the damage is absurd.
1 shot bosses with just burning arrow, let alone shooting something with low hp like a white mob and allowing the overkill dmg to burn the boss.

what i liked most about the melee version was the movement speed, but i have very high movement speed on my ranged now. 81% normal, 150% with flask.
to be ranged with such crazy damage and awesome movement speed will always be far superior to melee anything.
i can't wait for the patch to update this build. will be a work in progress to see what suits what best, since i think a lot of what this build is about will get nerfed, like proliferation, ondar's, etc.

i'll still make it work either way so im pretty pumped about the changes. i think i'll end up losing some damage but should be able to make it up pretty easily with some new items and such.

i don't think many people have looked at this build or taken it seriously at all, but ya. to those who have, i hope you're enjoying it
updated. just waiting for tinypic to get their shit together in order to upload pics of offense/defense tabs.

will also work on videos of malajerk and new maps and such
Hey there, really interesting build I must say.

Is it possible to upload videos of high level maps say maybe 77+? I'm using Windripper(split arrow+ chain) and the clear speed is really, really good. My problem with it is that the single target leaves alot to be desired. I use a different setup for single target but still not happy with it.

Thanks in advance :)
i will be trying to do that shortly. i don't have a lot of maps and im not buying them, but we'll see what i can do with what i have.
Nice bro. Vidsssss....
playing through with this build a little longer and i've noticed something that is heavily AGAINST this build.

whats that you're asking? well its going to surprise you. it has nothing to do with the new damage of mobs, or anything. what it is seems to be related to the dsync changes and whatever they did.

right now when i put my cursor on a mob thats standing still, it seems like 50/50 if im going to hit it with my burning arrow. i constantly shoot THROUGH the mobs. it happens ALL the time. i have 92% accuracy, so it isn't that im missing. my cursor is on the mob and it isn't moving, so it isn't that im missing.
well. i guess it could be, but it would be related to what i see on my screen versus what it actually is - or something to that effect.

what this is doing is making me cast my skill 2-4 times before anything happens. this is precious seconds which is causing me to take damage and not causing me to burn everything into the ground. the build is great and the damage is absurd but the way the mechanic of any single target skill works now seems very very very inefficient.

its to that effect im changing my build. yup, its that much of a problem. im going to try to keep the 3x curse and stuff but im going to run split arrow.
i tried every combination that i could think of to make ice shot work but it is not worth the mana cost in any sense of the word. with any other skill i can run hatred/HoI and still get the freeze effect from cold damage. you don't need ice shot. ice shot is the biggest POS skill in the game in my opinion.

split arrow seems to reign victor. i don't need to substitute pierce with LMP/GMP (which was best option with ice shot, since it has cone aoe behind targets anyway). this allows me to pump my projectile damage via tree in order to clear things two screens away.
the damage is also still extremely high. any skill you're thinking of running with LMP or GMP, just straight up replace it with split arrow/pierce. it is far superior right off the bat.

right now im spec'd almost full elemental damage in order to gain the double benefit of initial hit plus HoA burn but straight physical damage is better for split arrow/conversion mathematics so i'll need to respec quite a bit.

im going to post again once i have my final build set out, but im not going to bother making another thread for yet ANOTHER split arrow build. essentially its just get a good bow, spec phys dmg, and use split arrow. done.
Last edited by xMustard on Jul 18, 2015, 2:18:53 PM
Well, are you desyncing? Are you using lockstep with slow speed?

What SA links are you using btw.

Also Ice Shot isn't bad, can't you freeze bosses with Ice Shot that you couldn't with other bow skills? Perma-freeze so op.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info