Chaos damage cannot bypass Energy Shield must be available in Skill tree

Even if ther whas a keystone it probably have some serious penalty like cant leach life or even beter, one whit perfect sinegry whit Vaal Pact so that mean -XX% Life leach effectivnes.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Feb 14, 2015, 4:34:54 PM
If there were a place to put this, I'd put it on the same Keystone as Zealot's Oath with another downside. Something like:

Life Regen applies to Energy Shield instead of Life
Chaos Damage does not bypass Energy Shield
Lose Mana equal to 25% of Chaos Damage Taken

This way there's no downside to CI, Shav's is still better due to Chaos damage hurting mana, and SL/Shav's remains better for a BM LL build unless you chug potions.
Hi bros... i did a post about this a while ago: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1046288

I still keep my idea about ggg keep the solaris + shav but create a keystone for it with a huge drawback.
I am relatively sure, that such a node will not make it into the tree in the near future. At least not without major disadvantages like "50% less energy shield" or "You take 200% more Chaos damage".

What I think could also work in a balanced way would be increasing the ways to mitigate chaos damage. If there was a "Purity of Chaos", a +1% max. Chaos Resistance node, a +5-8% max. Chaos resistance shield or +5% max Chaos resistance Amethyst flasks one could get a high amount of Chaos resistance. Then walking around with 34% unreserved health (max you can have, while still getting lowlife benefits like Pain Attunement), ~90% Chaos resistance and a Amethyst flask (to reach close to 100% resistance) could be a viable option (talking as a SC player).

That would require the players to do quite some investment in the passive tree, auras, flasks and the choice for equipment stats (stacking chaos resistance, maybe max res. shield) and it would also provide a bit of risk (high chaos hits) that the player has to respond to (pop flask, get out of effect area, etc.), while also getting the benefits of lowlife (PA, more auras, etc.)
I agree with OP If we can get a skill that makes life regen work for ES then why cant we stop Chaos damage from going through our ES with a passive. There are only 2 items in the game that stop Chaos. Sadly this is a really bad design flaw.

I would love to hear GGG's reasoning for not having this on the Passive tree.

This needs to be a passive ASAP.
It must be in Witch/Shadow zone or Block build will be immortal more OP
My suggestion would be put 3 nodes behind pain attunement similarly to CI:

Two normal nodes - +3 chaos resist, -3 chaos damage taken.

One notable - +4 chaos resist, -4 chaos damage taken. When on low life, chaos damage taken cannot bypass energy shield.

This gives it suitable drawbacks of requiring 3 points as well as pain attunement, and only working when on low life, thus completely nullifying any desire of using it on full health melee leech builds.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Mar 23, 2015, 11:07:11 AM
"
bhavv wrote:

One notable - +4 chaos resist, -4 chaos damage taken. When on low life, chaos damage taken cannot bypass energy shield.

This gives it suitable drawbacks of requiring 3 points as well as pain attunement, and only working when on low life, thus completely nullifying any desire of using it on full health melee leech builds.

If that happens then i would immediately switch my shavs for a 1k es chest and be more op than i was before using a shavs since now i can get to 10k / 11k es from 8k i had before with my mjolner witch just for the cost of 3 nodes and thats without adding mirror es gear which would boost the es to probably 2k more also i would skip a lot of es nodes since now im adding a gg es chest and put those free points in somewhere else...

edit: something like that would render useless chaos innoculation unless u need the chaos immunity...
Last edited by BIGLITRO on Mar 27, 2015, 11:09:36 AM
"
bhavv wrote:

It must be a drawback... not plus chaos resist... something like -20% chaos resist would make more sence...
Hello.

Here's my opinion:
It's indeed a bit crazy thad there ar only 2 items wich make low life possible.
(there is only 1 item wich makes unarmed posible.)
The 2 items of with 1 is Easley affordable and 1 is not.
U can make a pretty good LL build using the first option.
The shavs. Is of course far better but it's locked behind a wall of currency.
I think there needs to be more options to unlock low life.
BUT befor ggg does Thad there needs to be more options for making simalar builds.
Not only for low life.

Cind regards ~bjornNL
dank
Last edited by bjornNL on Apr 4, 2015, 4:56:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info