[1.3 HC] Will's RF Burning Discharger...Nuke the Whole Screen

Hi! I'm WillSanquil - been playing since closed beta and been enjoying RF discharge for the past two leagues. Here is my 1.3 incarnation for bloodlines. I have been streaming since bloodlines on twitch.tv/willsanquil and just hit 90 putting me at position 71 as of this writing - so this build is definitely viable in terms of being able to clear high lvl map content effectively and efficiently and definitely works well in groups of up to 4 - past that I'm not sure as I don't play in full parties.

The core of the build is built on Spell Echo - Enduring Cry to build charges and Discharge - Prolif - Chance to Ignite to expend those charges. Not a particularly new concept but I bring some additions to the build like vaal flameblast echo in a doon, unwavering stance, long duration immortal call, shocks via herald of thunder, etc.

I have a build video here where I go over gearing and how the build is set up as well as a clear of a Gorge map. Apologies for the choppiness during the actual mapping...OBS and FRAPS are both failing me for reliable recording while actually killing things at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDAS4keHodU#t=536

As promised in my video here is some leveling progression.

Spoiler
20 pts

40 pts

60 pts

83 pts

100 pts

110 pts

EDIT: I just died at lvl 90 after swapping gear and my gear links broke. Gear isn't really important beyond Rise of the Phoenix. See my video for what my gear looked like.

For leveling I would not suggest Discharge until you get spell echo and some bonus endurance charges. You *can* start using discharge right away with enduring cry when you get it but lightning tendrils/flameblast are going to be much more effective, pretty much until you get spell echo enduring cry.

This build does not in any way require righteous fire in order to work - but it works much better with righteous fire IMO. So if you're wanting to try the build but don't have Rise of the Phoenix and can't afford one don't worry..just buy a quality discharge and level up a templar to merciless and you'll have everything you need to be effective.

Also - as of this writing I have 5 Rise of the Phoenix shields and 2 Carcass Jack chests and 1 Doon Cuebiyari on Stadard which I don't play on. If you would like to try the build on Standard and would like to use those items I will gladly give them to you for free - just stop by at twitch.tv/willsanquil when I'm streaming (usually ~10am-6pm pacific) and let me know that you're interested :)

cheers, hope you enjoying blowing up the screen!

PS - for extra AOE awesomeness you could get a divinarius and drop HP for travel nodes to the witch area and get Blast Radius. Discharge at that point would literally be bigger than the screen I'm pretty sure.
Last edited by WeetWoo on Dec 28, 2014, 3:37:54 AM
Regarding the tree:

* In the elemental templar cluster I'd path through fire damage nodes instead of the elemental one, it's equivalent to getting 18% fire damage for just one node.

* By elementalist cluster I'd rather allocate 4% AoE instead of 8% increased elemental damage, but that's just me.

Gear:

Most of it looks kinda trash

* Doon: you are getting around 72% increased damage out of it (62% from str, 10% implicit). It's okaaay it seems, next logical step would be a Doryani's when you can afford it.
* Flame Surge: What's your tooltip on it? I had 20k once with fire penetration and it felt like a total trash skill

* Helmet/amulet/sapphire ring/gloves: all those are borderline vendor trash, you are lvl90 and still using that? Get an astramentis whenever you can and replace everything else.
* Immortal Call: Spell Echo has no effect on it, you can 4L your gloves (for other future purposes?) and everything will still work.

* Boots: You have more INT than needed right now to use discharge. They are okaaaay, but should seek replacement.

* Belt: lol, start buying decent looking belts and corrupt them all till you get the extra charge.

* Panicked Flask: Why?
Hello I have a few questions about this build, I have no experience with discharge at all. First, is doon completely necessary or will a rare sceptre/doryani be alright? Will this build be as successful if you didn't have a RotP and RF since I'm just starting this league new and have no currency? Also, how does this build handle reflect? Should I even attempt this build if I have no currency?
@waffle09 - as described in the video you don't need any gear to start this character though a quality dicsharge is nice.

@H4NS - the league is 2 weeks old. I am in a hardcore league. The gear is not amazing but it is pretty decent for the age of the league.

of course I would use a doryani's...if I had one. Gonna kill atziri then we'll see about that.

flame surge tooltip is ~14k. definitely does what I need it to do - take down single mobs fast.

vendor trash? Ok. To each their own. Personally I think the belt is rather good for the 1 chaos I paid for it..and I've never corrupted +1 end charge on a belt and I've corrupted quite a lot.

Panicked flask...because instant recovery on low life is much better than anything else for 'oh fuck' situations. would be much different if I wasn't in hardcore.

This isn't meant to be a 'look at my amazing gear' thread - its about a fun build that I enjoy that works WITHOUT crazy crazy gear.
Hey, nice build, I like playing prolif dischargers as well, only the cooldown between packs starts to irritate me after a while.

Some questions:

The 2 templar start elemental nodes are pretty crazy, might want to invest into that.

You didn't spec into EE, yet you use curse on hit ice nova. spec into it, it will amp your damage.

RF is great, but its only spell damage, not elemental (= fire = burning), so while it is great for your damage, it doesn't double dip.

By the looks of it you are gearing to be able to farm atziri good luck on that.
Hey

Could you post out your links/gem setup now that you removed the gear?
Could you post a tree for soft core? one that focuses more on damage and EE? What is the cooldown like between mobs? I could not tell because of the lag in the video also you had no twitch vods saved for me to see smoother gameplay. Right now following your skill tree and just flameblasting for now. Excited to make my first templar with your build,

What did you do for bandits?
"
Recon775 wrote:
What did you do for bandits?

prob help oak, then skillpoint, then help oak.
I W I N GG
กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ
can you please post your gear or links

what do you level with and when do you spec into righteous fire
Last edited by nzrocketman on Dec 31, 2014, 5:22:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info