Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

hey man,

im really interested in your build for the next league.
Will you kindly share your thought about the new features and 2.1 viability of this build?

I played Blackdepps build for the 5wsc and i really loved arc, but i want to test crit now.

My plan is to hit 21/20 gems and really feel the arc power.
Once 2.1 tree is shared, will you chat about it on the thread ?

Hope so,
ouis
@Chieftain_Joe: 23% quality gems aren't needed, it's really just min maxing. I should mention that i didn't buy any of these gems, just using what i succeeded in corrupting over time.

@ouis: I can't say much yet before we get the final patchnotes. It's really pointless to theorycraft something now when the passive tree changes anyway, and there may be other buffs/nerfs happening.

This guide still seems pretty popular, so i will definitely continue to support and answer questions here.
twitch.tv/enki91
Hi, you Build sounds very interesting and i use it in the next partyplay ;-)
But how are the chance to kill Atziri, because Blackdepp write in his Build the chance are not really great...

Thanks for the great looking build ;-)
"
zeroDPT wrote:
But how are the chance to kill Atziri, because Blackdepp write in his Build the chance are not really great...

Atziri is no problem if you know the mechanics. I will include a full apex run video after next patch!
twitch.tv/enki91
Hey!
I've always been a great fan of Crit Arc and this build just works wonders. Since leech on items has become pretty much useless and dual Void Batteries is now a viable option, I'm really having a blast crushing everything with 9 PCs. Albeit in the equippment section you refer to using Void Batteries only "if you can't find any good rares". Why is that? Aren't the two bonus PCs alone worth using them? Could you elaborate?

Also, I'm lvl 90 now, using a CoD and not having put points into Alchemist. would you rather I could now wait until lvl 92 and get Arcane Potency going or just start getting the two jewel slots or even put points into Alchemist. Which one do you think is the best option? Is Alchemist really that good?

Here's my gear. Maybe you can comment on that too, if you care, and point out where you think the best opportunities for improvement lie.

Thanks alot for this guide and all the effort you put in!
Last edited by BundesHeinz on Dec 2, 2015, 8:05:03 AM
"
Enki91 wrote:
"
zeroDPT wrote:

Atziri is no problem if you know the mechanics. I will include a full apex run video after next patch!

Thanks for the fast answer :-)
Just finished act 4 cruel, single target damage is almost non-existent. What are some strategies I can use to defeat act bosses for leveling through merciless?

My Gear:
Spoiler
Sorry but, to calculate my dps, i have to take the dps tooltip of arc and multiply it by the number of cast/s ?

Cause when i see on this thread that someone with a lvl 55 character has 5k dps, mine, lvl 52, is about 2200, but if i multiply by the number of cast/s, it reaches 7k.
DPS is a measure of damage per second, so it already accounts for your cast speed. Single target damage was generally pretty low when leveling up, as most of the damage came from leveling the Arc gem and simply being a higher level to hit more of the damage/crit nodes.

You two probably have to look over your gear, but at least to Hellsmith, what I did when I was leveling my Witch up with this build was to use a Flame Totem for boss fights. Since your gems are not structured properly yet, and you have a free slot, you might as well drop one in (level it a bit first) and see if that helps you. For me, it helped add some extra damage and get the boss's attention while I stood at the edge Arcing. I also had a couple Zombies for more distraction/damage. Once I reach Merciless and was able to start finalizing my gear, I finalized the gems setup as well and removed them.

To the OP, haven't checked in here for a little while but I'm liking your teasers for the 2.1 update. I'm curious how much of it will be doable though, since I believe the skill tree will be changing (particularly the Shadow area at least, which may make some of the Crit nodes more difficult to get.)

I should note that Megaera is still a gigantic PITA. Zana annoyingly decided to give me a Crematorium daily 3-4 days in a row, and it seems I cannot reliably kill her. If I get lucky I can kill her, but otherwise she'll kill me. She simply does way too much damage, even with 88% Fire resist during the flask, one of those fireballs more or less brings me down to 40% health.

At this point, barring buying a level 21 Arc, I feel like I am gear limited -- still need to upgrade my Wands, Ring, Amulet and Boots. However, your hint of things changing in the 2.1 update makes me hesitant about spending what little currency I have on gear that may or may not be usable with your post-patch build.

Either way, glad to see updates!
"
DarkRogue_3 wrote:
DPS is a measure of damage per second, so it already accounts for your cast speed. Single target damage was generally pretty low when leveling up, as most of the damage came from leveling the Arc gem and simply being a higher level to hit more of the damage/crit nodes.

You two probably have to look over your gear, but at least to Hellsmith, what I did when I was leveling my Witch up with this build was to use a Flame Totem for boss fights. Since your gems are not structured properly yet, and you have a free slot, you might as well drop one in (level it a bit first) and see if that helps you. For me, it helped add some extra damage and get the boss's attention while I stood at the edge Arcing. I also had a couple Zombies for more distraction/damage. Once I reach Merciless and was able to start finalizing my gear, I finalized the gems setup as well and removed them.

To the OP, haven't checked in here for a little while but I'm liking your teasers for the 2.1 update. I'm curious how much of it will be doable though, since I believe the skill tree will be changing (particularly the Shadow area at least, which may make some of the Crit nodes more difficult to get.)

I should note that Megaera is still a gigantic PITA. Zana annoyingly decided to give me a Crematorium daily 3-4 days in a row, and it seems I cannot reliably kill her. If I get lucky I can kill her, but otherwise she'll kill me. She simply does way too much damage, even with 88% Fire resist during the flask, one of those fireballs more or less brings me down to 40% health.

At this point, barring buying a level 21 Arc, I feel like I am gear limited -- still need to upgrade my Wands, Ring, Amulet and Boots. However, your hint of things changing in the 2.1 update makes me hesitant about spending what little currency I have on gear that may or may not be usable with your post-patch build.

Either way, glad to see updates!

Ok thanks for the advice. Once I get to maps, will arc do enough single target damage for the map bosses?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info