Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Kingoko wrote:
Why not taking heart of thunder and dps nodes in the way for it since its so close tp path?

I do have Heart of Thunder in the build. It's not in the leveling trees because i personally find other nodes more important, if you wanna take Heart of Thunder earlier just do it.
twitch.tv/enki91
Hey fella!

First of all, thanks for the guide. I've been using it as reference for this 1 month season and to see me to that transmog set!

That said, I've made some modifications to it and was hoping you could provide some feedback based on your experience as a high-level Arcer as well as general knowledge.

This is the build:
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMASbIC4welghDfsCyc0PVBlgVC6QLfir2CVyv-s20ZakPAVAj0wfOVIGsXIvSCHo_67BjBxYhC8NVJUZUuBx4Rlg5IE56kkX4zXfKMNiaVYeJVSxa_rJgRD0wtFLA6WFXGj0aboffX-tIdFNWmV5TAZuQigpuApFXWZOcXL92M2V_gEo0Zfq_jahZvNukkqhps7TyaO-FzogAEs_Afg9twu7b696aOZPIdZJ3r9V8qdFWusw==

Obviously, the big difference is not pursuing Vaal Pact. I've done this due to the fact that I don't plan on hitting 90, not even 85, but 80 for the achievement. I felt as though it might be better to go the route I laid out to maximize easier-to-reach health nodes to make up for the loss of traveling to Vaal Pact while also being able to capitalize on significant keystones and nodes. I also removed the Dark Arts tree for the sake of survivability but can put them back in if needed or strongly advised.

Honestly, I never used the character planner before to know what's good or bad so any feedback would be much appreciated!
"
Messerschmitt wrote:
Hey fella!

First of all, thanks for the guide. I've been using it as reference for this 1 month season and to see me to that transmog set!

Hey, i assume you're playing the SC race? Crit Arc without VP is really funky, you will kill yourself on reflect more than once. But if you only plan to hit 80 it can probably be done, i'd recommend simply switch Empower completely with Life Leech until you're done with that char.

Your planned tree however left out some other, really important nodes, namely Dark Arts, Eldritch Battery and all the Power Charges. It also lacks Dex for Arctic Armour (Dark Arts gives +20 Dex), so you'd be more restricted on gearing.

Here's a Lv80 tree that'll work for you in SC and should get you to 80 pretty fast, but still, watch out for reflect!
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Mar 25, 2015, 12:09:05 PM
Oh yeah! I did forgot about EB and yes it would be for SC.

Thanks for the layout though. It does seem as though dealing with reflect will be a sacrifice for the abridged version to suit my needs but that's alright.

Thanks again!
Hi,

what about Void Battery? If you can test it, whats the Damage with it?

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
Hi,

what about Void Battery? If you can test it, whats the Damage with it?

Like mentioned a few pages ago, Void Battery would give slightly more crit and damage, but you'd have to replace one gem with Life Leech which would relativize that advantage or even make it a significantly worse choice for this particular Arc setup due to loss of either extra chains (Empower), penetration (L. Pen) or reduced cast speed animation (Faster Casting).
twitch.tv/enki91
Does light pen deal more damage if used intead of added lightning damage? I'm asking this because add ligtnging dmg shows more tooltip dps.
"
anvilgod wrote:
Does light pen deal more damage if used intead of added lightning damage? I'm asking this because add ligtnging dmg shows more tooltip dps.

Added Lightning Dmg indeed results in more tooltip damage, but tooltip ain't everything.

Lightning Penetration is at minimum a 35% more multiplier (at Lv20) against an enemy with 0% Light Res, which would already flat out beat the minimal tooltip increase from ALD. Now, most enemies in this game do have resistances, especially bosses, and the more they have the more effective becomes Light Pen.
Against the worst case, an enemy with 75%+ Light Res, you'll deal 240% of the damage you'd deal without using Light Pen. Check this to learn more about penetration and how strong it is: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Penetration

On top comes that Arc has a Damage Effectiveness of 50%, so only half the damage of all Added x Gems will actually be added, which is of course suboptimal. Any Arc guide which recommends ALD over Light Pen is simply a bad guide.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Mar 26, 2015, 12:16:33 PM
Thanks for new inspiration. Was playing fox arc build long time ago, then switched to shatter chuck but got a bit bored. Back to arc again and leveling a shadow-arc, currently lvl 73. Need a few more levels to utilize dual catalysts, which wasnt meantioned in the guide. There is both dex requirement for the Cloak and str requirements for the catalysts.

Anyways ty for inspiration. Btw, I dont want to bother moving Maligaros gloves from another char, so I am using something I found in my stash. Actually this one is really helpful during leveling. Temp chains on everything (specially with the chaining function by Arc itself).
Last edited by boondoxsaints on Mar 26, 2015, 3:20:28 PM
Using this build guide for the current one month SC race, and I've got to say - PCoC is where it's at for Arc. I can see a difference in the stacks even at low level. I've never played as a caster, always archers, and now thats changed. After the race, she'll be my new main character. I love it, and it absolutely wrecks - thank you for your effort in putting it together.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info