Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Hello guys, returning player after... I think a 3y break.
And the build I'm playing is this one!

Last time I played a caster, the ascendancy was not yet there, ele reflect was insta kill.
So this is new to me to go rushing careless trough maps!

Okay, so the build is without a doubt the most powerful dps one I played EVER.

There was one big flaw and that was mana sustain. So I had to buy that watchers's eye gem and since then, mana has never gone empty again.
It IS mandatory!
Clarity is just a backup the way I see.

I do NOT use the shield charge however, never did, I use a lightning warp and self found this nice wand:
Spoiler

I don't have a inpulsa, yet, but I have better than tabula:
Spoiler

At lvl81 I now have 4.7k hp and 600ish ES.
It is absolutely not tanky but I played worse, ALOT worse.

I also use dual cwdt combo with 2dmg thresholds, don't know why I skipped decoy totem. Will try tomorrow, probably because I never used all that useless junk before.
Seems things got huge buffs over the years.

And last but not least, I bought a lvl21 arc. Offhand leveling 6 of em to give me 7 attempts but decided to just invest.
The dps boost is insane, I did not expect that one.

So in short to all those struggling for dps:
Lvl 21 arc and cast speed!
Mana:
The mana leech is mandatory to sustain MoM mana on the higher maps' hard hitters.

The only thing lacking imo is crit chance, it is very low and that overload node does not proc too much...
However the huge cast speed does make up now for the 7ish% crit chance

Now a question to you guys, how do you calculate dps, I see posts going from 200 to 400k or more. My tooltip says 'only 52.000' with overload, surge, atziri fkask. How to go more accurate?
It plays like it is half a million or so.
Tried the atziri trio and 2of em got killed offscreen without having a chance.
Never had a build with this amount of power.
(Pre ascendancy and gems were alot weaker)

Great build and extremely well detailed how to build and play explaining!
Well done!
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
"
fletch101 wrote:
Is PoB at all accurate for Arc? If so I find even perfect sceptres that I create in POB to be realtively minor upgrades from the uniques.

I sense I'm doing something wrong, but before I spend a lot, I wanted to ask.

Thanks.

Pretty much every rare spell sceptre on poe.trade is junk, the only way to get something good is to craft it yourself. And yes, limb is still not bad.
try to put my sceptre in PoB for example, it should be a lot better than limb.
"
Sorrow Spell
Abyssal Sceptre
30% increased Elemental Damage
47% increased Spell Damage
Adds 9 to 109 Lightning Damage to Spells
19% increased Cast Speed
60% increased Elemental Damage
Gain 29% of Physical Damage as Extra Damage of a random Element
19% increased Lightning Damage

Thanks for the reponse. That one shows up as +12% in PoB, which is significant. Impressive craft, did you make it with fossils? If so, 3 or 4? Thanks again for taking the time to respond.
Last edited by fletch101 on Oct 16, 2018, 6:14:13 PM
"
Earthslug wrote:
...Now a question to you guys, how do you calculate dps......

For PC Players, you can easily use the companion app "Path of Building."

https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1716360

The tooltip DPS will not be accurate, but if you do whatever PC users need to do in order to export/import their build into PoB, you'll easily be able to tell and you'll be able to experiment a bit.

(I'm on XBox, so anything I do with PoB would have to be manual. :( )
"
fletch101 wrote:

Thanks for the reponse. That one shows up as +12% in PoB, which is significant. Impressive craft, did you make it with fossils? If so, 3 or 4? Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

I'm not crafted it myself, i bought it for like 2.5ex three weeks ago and annuled +8 intellect stat from it, got very lucky.
And I couldn't find anything even close to that sceptre on poe.trade in about 2 weeks
Hi Enki

Thanks you for a great guide.

I am a bit confused. In your guide it says;

"
Stack Cast Speed until you reach 5 casts per second, after that focus on other damage affixes

And i believe that somewhere in the comments it says that we need above 5 cast per second because of breakpoint 5, 6 ect.

I am currently at 4.86 cast per second and i am wondering whether i should invest in new gear with more castspeed.

Any comments for improvement of my current gear is also much appriciated. I got an inpulsa with 1+ level, but doesnt have the currency yet to 6link it.

Kind regards
"
rhallenborg wrote:
Hi Enki
"
Stack Cast Speed until you reach 5 casts per second, after that focus on other damage affixes

And i believe that somewhere in the comments it says that we need above 5 cast per second because of breakpoint 5, 6 ect.
I am currently at 4.86 cast per second and i am wondering whether i should invest in new gear with more castspeed.
Any comments for improvement of my current gear is also much appriciated. I got an inpulsa with 1+ level, but doesnt have the currency yet to 6link it.
Kind regards

there is no such thing as "breakpoints", you can feel every 0.1-0.2 cps difference.
I'm currently at 5.56 cps and it feels WAY beeter than 5. It's so much easier to transfer from arc to shield charge to dodge major threats on bosses and in delve. You can try it yourself, just add something like Nibleness node in your talents tree and you'll see that you shouldn't stop at 5
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
"
rhallenborg wrote:
Hi Enki
"

Kind regards

there is no such thing as "breakpoints", you can feel every 0.1-0.2 cps difference.
I'm currently at 5.56 cps and it feels WAY beeter than 5. It's so much easier to transfer from arc to shield charge to dodge major threats on bosses and in delve. You can try it yourself, just add something like Nibleness node in your talents tree and you'll see that you shouldn't stop at 5

especially I can feel it on uber elder, where with 5 cps I was barely able to kill him with 1-2 portals left, and with 5.5+ I killed him deathless like the last 10 times in a row
"
jackieh917 wrote:
@jellyzerg A huge upgrade for you would be to recolor your Inpulsa's and go with the 5B 1R. Swap the hypothermia for a lvl 4 Empower. Since you have a +2 inpulsas, you'll see a huge DPS boost from it. It will be great for map clear of course but single target will be a noticable boost, too.

that is a terrible advice
He has +2 of socketed curse gems inpulsa's and he is losing almost 60k dps for switching hypothermia to lvl 4 empower

My mistake! I didn't see that it said curse gems and thought it was straight support. In this case, you are correct. Disregard what I said.
Last edited by jackieh917 on Oct 17, 2018, 11:28:47 AM
"
Morkonan wrote:
"
Earthslug wrote:
...Now a question to you guys, how do you calculate dps......

For PC Players, you can easily use the companion app "Path of Building."

https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1716360

The tooltip DPS will not be accurate, but if you do whatever PC users need to do in order to export/import their build into PoB, you'll easily be able to tell and you'll be able to experiment a bit.

(I'm on XBox, so anything I do with PoB would have to be manual. :( )

Great, tried it a bit and this thing is awesome!
It's a bit playing with parameters to find the "real sustainable DPS" and still that has to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Eg. conductivity was set standard as on, disabling it loses several 10k's of DPS which is very much more realistic because in only several cases the curse is used.

Also, a huge miscalculation is "global crit chance" and the "Elemental Overload".
I noticed power charges gave ZERO boost in PoB which totally makes no sense! I played with romira's banquet for a while and it definitely helped proc the overload...(3x40 increased crit) why does PoB ignore that?
>>> I found out:
PoB assumes you land a crit within every 8secs which is totally untrue for my current playstyle/setup.
I probably lack advancement move because I don't shield charge trough maps so I don't chain my Overload crits.

Also versus bosses you can end up with moving alot around, having overload expire.
Still I come at an attractive 240k+ sustainable DPS.
480k under ideal conditions, frenzies, curse, chilled enemies...

edit. may try lightning Orb+increased crit support vs bosses?
I don't know if mana leech is still required with that eye jewel during wrath thing?
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
Last edited by Earthslug on Oct 17, 2018, 4:47:48 PM
Hello again!

I've made some further improvements to my gear and I was wondering if you could please look over it and maybe offer some advice for upgrades, again?

I feel that my Jewels could get upgraded, but I'm unsure exactly what upgrades I could make to them.

My helmet might look a little bit weird/bad, but at the moment there's no upgrades I can make to it as I can't find a better helmet with the Dexterity(+the other stats I need on my helmet), there are some helmets but the sellers have been offline for months, I really wish I could get a helmet with '+ Lightning Damage to Spells' or '#% increased effect of Shock'.

Regarding my skill tree, I know you might not like it at all but it is currently working out really well the way it is, I have no survivability issues with the current amount of health/mana I have.
I wish I could unallocate Sanctity, but if I do that I'll be missing 5 Strength that I need.

A bit of a ramble this time, apologies for that :p.
Yes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info