Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Spotted this thread searching for 3.3 builds cant wait for your update plan on doing this to endgame via SSF :D
"
Tim1612 wrote:
"
Nishrek wrote:
"
Tim1612 wrote:
@Mazaw:
I like to do something simular to your idea. I saw a test from Nugy where he had Arc with inpulsar and 3 dragons's.

Ok, What's the point of having Impulsa, if you can't shock by lightning?

The good thing is that all targets you should shock, will now freeze. And after the freeze they will explode and deal lightening dmg of inpulsar.

Ok, either I read something wrong, or what.

3Dragons = enemies are now freezed, not shocked. Inpulsa pops only shocked enemies. So, do they still count as shocked, despite being freezed by 3D?
Or simply Arc has some fire damage added for shocking?

@below

Makes sense. Thanks
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on May 29, 2018, 8:04:25 AM
@Tecken1407: Nothing really. There was atleast one player i remember giving good high-level feedback about the current setup in Bestiary HC, and the new version will only be stronger. Just make sure to follow the new setup once it's posted.

@Nishrek: My guess is shock comes from Shaper of Desolation, in which case it'll only work while the shock/all ailment buffs are up. Another option would be Vinktar, which requires getting close.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
Just saw the buffed Arc and i'm speechless. Together with the other changes i've planned you can expect a huge buff to this build!

15% for each remaining chain seems like it's going to be really strong for single target, the +3 chain enchantment might be crucial now. I'm wondering if the duration tag will be worth attention. I've never been so hyped for a league before just because of the skill changes xD (also fuck me just got the kaom's portal effect from flashback 1 day after i bought council supporter pack mainly for the portal effect xD)
Seems like a perfect Build to start 3.3 with! :D
"
Nishrek wrote:
"
Tim1612 wrote:
@Mazaw:
I like to do something simular to your idea. I saw a test from Nugy where he had Arc with inpulsar and 3 dragons's.

Ok, What's the point of having Impulsa, if you can't shock by lightning?

The good thing is that all targets you should shock, will now freeze. And after the freeze they will explode and deal lightening dmg of inpulsar.[/quote]
Ok, either I read something wrong, or what.

3Dragons = enemies are now freezed, not shocked. Inpulsa pops only shocked enemies. So, do they still count as shocked, despite being freezed by 3D?
Or simply Arc has some fire damage added for shocking?

@below

Makes sense. Thanks
[/quote]

My bad!
Forgot to tell that in some way you need fire dmg as well. Easiest option is running 3 heralds. In that case you will have to drop wrath and put one of the heralds in worm-ring.
Maybe I missed some other points but I'm not a pro at all.
I posted this to get some more information! And in my opinion it might work.
Only problem is what about single target & boss?

Last edited by Tim1612 on May 29, 2018, 12:50:29 PM
Playing with the Talent Tree in preparation to test certain things.

Thoughts:

1) debating between Mastermind branch in Ascendancy versus Beacon of Ruin branch: for a speed clear league Beacon might be better, but since I'm going to be playing solely in HC I think the extra mana to support MoM will be better as is. Just a thought.

2) got rid of Elemental Overload to allow for crit multipliers and moved some other nodes around to allow for access to more crit scaling passives. Still debating +2 Passives versus Alira Bandit Reward

3) since new Arc (and Vaal Arc) allows for single target effective damage this allows putting up a 2nd golem (from Liege ascendancy) for more damage with possibly a PCoC & Lightning Spire Trap setup

PoB with old Arc shows 437k DPS.

Current Pastebin using old Arc Skill still: https://pastebin.com/r2S0gTE9

Things I'm uncertain about:

a) Life versus Energy Shield + CI: I feel like a lot would have to shift to support ES+CI and I don't think it would work, but perhaps, we are close to ES nodes and CI and Ghost Reaver & Eldritch Battery

b) Power Charges (meaning more of them + Void Battery or Shimmeron) versus current setup: more damage at cost of survival (probably not a good idea for HC)

I haven't played really since 3.1 though so my thoughts might be garbage.
Nostrademous
@Tim1612: That only really works if you have enough fire damage to surpass the minimum shock treshold (0.2% of enemy max life, easy to do for trash but nearly impossible for bosses) or use the other ways to shock i've mentioned in an earlier comment.

I'd also not drop Wrath for Heralds. I know it's a highend option, but the Wrath Mana Leech mod on Watcher's Eye is simply the best way to get great mana sustain without conflicting with other defenses.
Only other option in a temp league would be Mind of the Council, but that slot is already occupied with Three Dragons. Not sure how good that one new trap skill will be, but my guess is not good enough to provide enough sustain on bosses.

Single-target, without knowing that actual setup shouldn't be bad with Vaal Arc.

@Nostrademous: The biggest issue with that setup is consistency - you'd only have ~40% crit chance with power charges and Diamond flask, and only ~22% once your flask is down. That's just not enough to consistently land crits, which means for the majority of hits all your crit investment will go to waste and you end up dealing less overall damage.

The other big issue is that that's 437k DPS towards shocked white mobs, while using Elemental Focus.
Regular boss damage is around 246k in theory, but in practice much lower due to lack of crits.

To make the Life vs. CI decision easier, consider the following: MoM doesn't work with Energy Shield, and Inpulsa's, arguably the best chest for Arc has ~100 ES. So the comparison really is 5-6k Life + 2-3k Mana + Inpulsa's vs. 5-6k ES.

Beacon of Ruin is something that i'll actually switch this build to in 3.3 unless there's some changes to Elementalist coming. Been testing it for a few days now and it feels really good.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
@Nostrademous: The biggest issue with that setup is consistency - you'd only have ~40% crit chance with power charges and Diamond flask, and only ~22% once your flask is down. That's just not enough to consistently land crits, which means for the majority of hits all your crit investment will go to waste and you end up dealing less overall damage.

The other big issue is that that's 437k DPS towards shocked white mobs, while using Elemental Focus.
Regular boss damage is around 246k in theory, but in practice much lower due to lack of crits.

To make the Life vs. CI decision easier, consider the following: MoM doesn't work with Energy Shield, and Inpulsa's, arguably the best chest for Arc has ~100 ES. So the comparison really is 5-6k Life + 2-3k Mana + Inpulsa's vs. 5-6k ES.

Beacon of Ruin is something that i'll actually switch this build to in 3.3 unless there's some changes to Elementalist coming. Been testing it for a few days now and it feels really good.

Noted and thanks. I'm with you on your analysis, will probably stick with your idea minus one small change (I would remove the "Mana and Mana Regen" nodes + 1 5% life node on the tree to pick up "Crackling Speed") as I believe the minute utility and life is overcome by the damage gain you will see.

To get Beacon of Ruin, I assume you drop Liege and Mastermind (I can't drop Paragon on HC and be safe) while keeping Pendulum?

Anyways, new tree should be out in 2-3 hrs so we will know better.

Nostrademous
does the change to beacon of ruin really hurt elementalist for this build now?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info