Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Have you considered using the scourge claw to make the ascendancy choice even more sensible? Also, I was wondering about your links for ball lightning. You mentioned that single target damage was a problem, yet you have ball lightning in your chest setup rather than the pledge of hand. If you had your ball lightning setup in the pledge, you could swap out life leech and spell echo for damage support gems like elemental focus and empower

Scourge was something i've considered back when doing the first drafts for the Necromancer switch, but came to the conclusion the Staff setup is overall better. It could however probably work with the new Shaper/Elder items, but that would be a more customized setup and completely go against the gearing friendly approach this build has.

Putting Ball Lightning into Pledge was what i've actually done to kill Shaper, but again only something that makes sense with an (arguably cheap & obtainable) item, and even then that one additional damage support doesn't really fix the issue, while losing clearspeed on Arc. So i'll leave it just as a situational gemswitch setup that people can & will figure out, nothing i want to force everyone into.

Ele Focus on Ball Lightning is an idea, this build wasn't made with those fights in mind so i've never considered it, but thinking about it now i'm not sure we even shock bosses at all with BL's low base damage. Gonna do some testing.
twitch.tv/enki91
Btw, can i know why you choose to have your immortal call gem at lvl 12 rather than level 1 with a level 1 cwdt?
"
Btw, can i know why you choose to have your immortal call gem at lvl 12 rather than level 1 with a level 1 cwdt?

Just a remnant from when this build used Warlord's Mark and had Endurance Charges up most the time. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, gonna change it now.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Dec 9, 2017, 12:51:39 PM
"
Enki91 wrote:

Edit: Made some more tests regarding the potential mana issue and found a solution: Rallying Cry.
It's already strong on its own and can be further amplified with Spirited Response.
The downside is, it has to be selfcasted and Vortex got kicked from the setup again, but overall i'd say it's definitely better now and hopefully prevents a big issue, before it had the chance to become an issue.

I am level 14 and went to equip rallying cry and was told that there is a 35 strength limit. How am I supposed to equip this based on your Act 1 guide?
"
vladdolivar wrote:

I am level 14 and went to equip rallying cry and was told that there is a 35 strength limit. How am I supposed to equip this based on your Act 1 guide?

Just an oversight. You could equip an Amber amulet or just buy, but not equip the gem, it's not that imnportant early on. I'll put an extra line there for it.
twitch.tv/enki91
Hi!
I just started playing the new league, and i'm enjoy this build a lot. Easy build to hop into and well written guide :D Thanks !

What Lootfilter would you recommend to use from that site you linked?
"
jimmyflip360 wrote:
Hi!
I just started playing the new league, and i'm enjoy this build a lot. Easy build to hop into and well written guide :D Thanks !

What Lootfilter would you recommend to use from that site you linked?

Thanks! Neversinks is the most popular filter, he usually keeps it updated to reflect economic changes and it's easy to modify in Filterblade. Actually, i'm going to add that to the beginner section.
twitch.tv/enki91
But, isn't like posible to make Arc build high dmg ? Like 3mil dps or so? 15mil ?
"
kokorolee wrote:
But, isn't like posible to make Arc build high dmg ? Like 3mil dps or so? 15mil ?

It's possible to get Arc into the 1-2m DPS range (before chaining & shock) with a really expensive setup, the question is: what for?

This build already has enough damage to quickly clear maps, raising it further would require us drop very important survivability or utility, or go against the direction of this build and make it insanely expensive for no real positive impact.
It's better to look for other ways to further improve the setup than just a straight up damage boost.
The new Inpulsa's Broken Heart chest fits this role perfectly, as i've mentioned before it completely removes the issue Arc had in high packed situations, and when done right can even be used to blow up bosses. I've been one/two-shotting Breachlords in their domain yesterday with that!

Those huge DPS numbers you often see in build titles are usually nothing but highly inflated burst numbers that those builds can't reach for longer than a few seconds, or in some cases even not at all.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:

Thanks! Neversinks is the most popular filter, he usually keeps it updated to reflect economic changes and it's easy to modify in Filterblade. Actually, i'm going to add that to the beginner section.

Thanks ! :D
Last edited by jimmyflip360 on Dec 10, 2017, 12:00:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info