Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

@enki91 ah ty i am off private now, any advice on where to upgrade from here would be awesome!

boss fighting sucks for me right now =(
How is map reflect calculated?

I have a map that says "monsters reflect 15% of ele dmg". I also have [Ash Frost Storm], which reduces 10%.

So if I do 2000 dmg, 300 is reflected back at me. Of that 300, I get 270 dmg?
Or is the 15% reduced by 10% to 5% so I only get 100 dmg?
Then they both gets reduced by another 75% due to my lightning resist.
Or some other method?
@Nexaloron: Best you can do is using hybrid Armour/ES or Evasion/ES gear.

The way socket coloring works is it bases the probability to roll a specific color on the items stat requirement, Strength = red, Dexterity = green and Intelligence = blue, the higher the value the more likely you are to roll sockets of that color.
For us this is mostly important on the chestpiece. We need lots of blue sockets there, so it's much easier to get the right colors on Int-based or hybrid Int + Str or Dex gear.

But imo don't push Armour or Evasion too much. We don't scale either in the passive tree, so no matter how much you invest into gear with high rolls of either you won't end up with an actually meaningful value for endgame. Our defense is MoM + Block, which already works well once you got everything in place.

@Nevermyndz: Can't really see anything wrong with your gear. You could try a Stone of Lazhwar, this would help a lot against spell bases bosses.

Tree can be a bit optimized, i'd recommend spec out of the Celestial cluster for now, get the last two jewel sockets and the nodes behind Mind over Matter. This should give you 200-300 more life and possibly 1k extra mana, and would allow you to drop that mana flask for a life flask.

After that is done, probably just save up for 6Ls or farm a good boot and helmet enchant, even Merciless lab version would be an improvement.

@chapppy: I'm not 100% sure on the order of calculations here, but i think it's like this:

With 2000 initial hit damage and 15% reflect, the base reflected damage is 300, 75% Lightning Resistance reduces this to 75 damage, which then gets reduced by 10% from Ash, Frost & Storm and 25% by Yugul pantheon, which you should have active during mapping. Both are additive multipliers so the final damage taken will be 65% of 75 (75 - 35%), 48,75 or rounded 49 damage.

What i'm not sure about in particular is if the reduced reflected dmg taken mod is calculated before or after resistances, although unless i'm failing at basic math right now it would be the same result regardless.

Edit: Also forgot to mention, you can block reflect completely with spell block in our case.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Oct 18, 2017, 12:14:28 AM
Thanks!

Forgot about Patheon. And didnt know block can block reflect. Cool.
Was too chicken to attempt a 15% reflect. Bad memories from lvl70 when I died on the second mob while spamming hp pots. Haha.

Btw, how come your Arc and BL is not 20% quality? Quality doesnt matter in those gems? Or as long as it's 15+ it's ok?

EDIT: Ugh! The Whakawairua boss is impossible...
EDIT2: Nm. Just let her teleport on me to get chip damage.
Last edited by chapppy on Oct 18, 2017, 1:44:01 AM
Hey still pretty new to poe and I'm really not a fan of flame dash as a movement skill, but due to the links with increased duration for the arcane surge proc I don't really see lightning warp being great. Any tips or suggestions on how I could make lw work on this build? thanks
@chapppy: There is a reason for both gems not being 20% quality, but it's nothing related to this build.

This used to be a crit build, Arc's quality bonus is shock chance which was kinda irrelevant back then as crits already have a 100% chance to shock so i simply got the cheapest Lv21 Arc i could find back then, and didn't bother to upgrade it.
My Ball Lightnings always lost quality when vaaling, this was the best one i had around when making the current version of this build. Recently bought a 21/20 BL, but didn't update it yet.

If you build this from scratch, of course go for the 20% quality ones.

The unique strand boss sucks with the majority of builds btw.

@zigster106: Lightning Warp is out of question for this build unfortunately. We get some increased duration through our Ascendancy, which is counter productive with how LW works mechanically.
On top of that comes that it needs 2-3 supports to feel good, and we're already too socket starved to make that work.

But don't worry - with Onslaught, Flesh Offering and Quicksilver up this build has a good amount of movespeed, the movement skill is mainly just as easy Arcanse Surge trigger and to pass ledges.
twitch.tv/enki91
I am just returning to the game after leaving around the Atziri and corrupted areas patch.

Sorry this will be a long post and might be somehwat for myself to assess the situation.

I've respecced my Witch for this. Got most of the necessary gear.
You can check how I look here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/NiNcsszaM/characters
(ParaEbola)

There are many things I haven't gotten though.
I've seen that you can put additional mods with the Masters (or what they are called). I probably just need to level them up I suppose?
I only need 25% Cold res, so the rest of the mods should be life mainly?

The Pantheon seems fairly straightforward. I defeat gods then I can select their bonuses. But how do you do the upgrades? It says you need to capture stuff. How do you do that?

You are pointing it out with the skillbuild that by Lvl75 I should have the passives marked with red. I am Lvl84 and just got all the red ones. Am I missing something? I've gone back and checked all the quest rewards and I think I got them all. Should I have an additional 9 skill points to use?

I absolutely don't understand the story. So I stopped playing when Piety was the final boss and now the game thinks I've done all 10 acts. I'm going back to previous acts but everyone is telling me how great of a job I did by defeating this and this. Pretty frustrating, I probably should start a new character and go through the storyline.

I just realised I've screwed up the Arcane Surge - Orb of Storm levelling (it requires 213 mana to be spent). So you shouldn't level Arcane Surge too much because it will not trigger on Orb of Storm.
I am missing out on that Surge bonuses. Gotta get a new skill gem.

Where do you stop levelling Immortal Call/Cast when damage taken?

Block - How does this work? If procs it totally negates damage and effects?

Mind over matter - with the current setup I have around 2.5k unreserved mana which is ~63% of my life (3855 HP). Should I try to use other auras? The last time I've played people were running like 10 auras :)

How do you get more Ascendancy points to use? It's not regular skill points but something else I suppose.

I need to do this Atlas mapping system. I have no idea how that works. At first glance it looks like it is easier to keep track of maps than before.

Sorry for the blog. But I wanted to write these things out :)
Hello, and thanks for the guide! This was my first-ever PoE character and it's served me pretty well. I've been running a 5L Pledge of Hands, Kitava's Thirst, and the Fevered Mind jewel.

Bought my first premium stash last week during the sale and have been selling my hoard of crap up for chaos and ex. tl;dr bought 6L staff, got rid of the jewel, looking toward 6L chest and better boots/gloves/belt.

I wanted to ask your opinion on using the Windscream boots (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Windscream) and dropping the 4 points on the tree (Whispers of Doom) for something else. In my case, I'd be finishing the health wheel or adding another jewel socket. Then I could get the Fingerless Silk Gloves for the spell damage.

I haven't followed the suggested tree exactly to the letter (I took some optional nodes before the suggested/required ones) https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Scolioli/characters
Currently at 4005hp, 581shield, 3050 total mana. 323 int, 143 str, 82 dex.

I've got something like 4ex left to play with for gearing, but I already have the Windscream boots as a drop. Just trying to get a sense of direction on whether or not those boots are worth trying to build the chest/glove/belt resistances around.

Thanks!
Last edited by Scolioli on Oct 20, 2017, 12:03:53 PM
Hi again,
i want to ask: why we are not using in the final build herald of thunder?
Thx :)
@NiNcsszaM: Gonna try to keep it short since it's a long post:

1. Aside from having the masters leveled high enough, your gear also needs either an open prefix or suffix depending on the mod you want to add. Out of your gear, only the chest and possibly amulet (if IIR isn't a double mod) have open affix slots.
Check the master wiki pages to see what mods they can add and what level it requires.

Your ring an amulet can easily be upgraded for cheap, you really want a liferoll on both except if you use Stone of Lazhwar, since that itself gives enough survivability boost to justify not having life on it.

2. Divine Vessels, either buy or get them drop, then put them into map device together with the map that holds that specific boss to capture his soul on kill.

3. With old perma league chars, you need to finish all the skillpoint quests starting after the last act you finished with that char, in your case Act 4 onwards. Wiki helps finding which ones are point quests.

4. Up to you, would save you from the previous step.

5. You can buy all skillgems after unlocking Lily as gem vendor in A6.

6. Lv10 / Lv12

7. Yes, but DoT and secondary damage can't be blocked udner any circumstances.

8. No, those days are over and msot auras wouldn't benefit this build anyway.

9. Labyrinth, read up on it to understand the whole system.

10. Same as before, it's too extensive to explain and i couldn't do it better than the wiki anyway.

Also noticed your flask setup, you will keep dying with that in higher maps. Switch to the recommended setup in this guide.

@Scolioli: Not worth it, you will lose ~200 life and some movement speed, and won't be able to make up for that with the 4 poitns you free up.

Rather spec out of Ash, Frost & Storm, finish the Scion life wheel with those points then get jewel sockets to get even more life and DPS.

@Kiuuby95: It doesn't give enough of a boost to justify the mana reservation.
twitch.tv/enki91

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info