Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

I have another noob question on the Blasphemy support.
A 20% quality Blasphemy will increase the effect of supported curses of 10%: but what does that "increased Effect of Supported Curses" mean exactly?
For example on a Warlord's mark, which effects will be increased by the Blasphemy?
Last edited by Giammafix on Nov 3, 2016, 12:26:57 PM
"
yaWgnorW wrote:

One question for you, in regard to the Deal with the Bandits, out of curiosity, in the normal difficulty why not ally with Kraityn for the elemental resist % increase. In the long run the flat HP seems a bit low.

I just started a few weeks ago myself, and this is my first build too. We should team up.
As for why going with the +40 base hp, if you look at all the %hp increase passive skills in the build that 40 hp multiplies into quite a bit.
One journey ends, another begins.

Finalised gear (for now :)

Flasks need a bit of a review but can't be arsed atm. The two afore-mentioned jewels are incorporated in my 100 points build.

Many thanks to the very helpful people who took the time to help me flesh out my Witch anew!
"
Giammafix wrote:
I have another noob question on the Blasphemy support.
A 20% quality Blasphemy will increase the effect of supported curses of 10%: but what does that "increased Effect of Supported Curses" mean exactly?
For example on a Warlord's mark, which effects will be increased by the Blasphemy?

Life and Mana leech becomes increase 10% to 2.2%, Chance for endurance charge increases 30% > 33% etc.

This is why I also picked up the right side of the Whispers of Doom wheel (the one that gives +1 curses), as this gives another 10% increase curse effect, these boosts are really powerful since we're running dual curses.

Just remember map bosses REDUCE the effect of any curses on them by 60% so your 2.4% life leech (buffed by 20% effect) becomes only 0.96% leech, this is why even with really high damage it's hard to sustain on bosses and also why Vinktar's is such an OP flask.
@Giammafix: I atleast have never noticed that message yet.
As long as you can keep your curses up and have mana to cast, don't mind it.

In addition to what Sectiplave wrote, curse effect will increase all numerical values of any curse and is an additive modifier, means the formula is numerical value*(1+curse effect).
To calculate your curse values towards act/map bosses, which have a multiplicative -60% modifier, add *0.4 at the end of the formula.

@yaWgnorW: Thanks! As chadbishop already wrote, the base life from oak multiplicates to a quite respectful amount, plus life is harder to get in the upper part of the tree so we need all we can get.
Elemental Resistances on the other hand are very easy to cap through gear, passives and jewels.

@NaineNoire: That's some really beautiful gear! Next thing on your list should be a Vessel of Vinktar, that flask is just so powerful even after its substantial nerf.

Scorching Ray looks interesting, hopefully it's strong enough as a 4L totem to help with single target for this build. But even if not, the new version i'm currently testing is really solid.
Killed all T14 bosses with ease, T15 Kaom is really easy even twinned, T15 Daresso was more of a challenge but also got down deathless. Got a Core and Phoenix map to try when i'm Lv94

First 25% to 94 are done, would be even more but i had one stupid death involving a GMP crit map, two Carrion Queens, a narrow space and me being tired. Currently pretty constantly at 22-25m exp/h, which i think is pretty good given the circumstances.
The race weekend will slow progression a bit down, but should still be more than enough time to reach 94 and test some of the highest level bosses before 2.4.2.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
@Giammafix: I atleast have never noticed that message yet.
As long as you can keep your curses up and have mana to cast, don't mind it.

In addition to what Sectiplave wrote, curse effect will increase all numerical values of any curse and is an additive modifier, means the formula is numerical value*(1+curse effect).
To calculate your curse values towards act/map bosses, which have a multiplicative -60% modifier, add *0.4 at the end of the formula.

thanks, so it will increase the radius of supported curses too? :)
anyway, I was thinking, what if we swap cold penetration for added cold damage? it raises so much our dps.
ok, we lose cold penetration, but what is the purpose of cold penetration? does it increase our chance to freeze enemies?
Quick question. I am planning to buy a 6L lightning coil with 4b-1r-1g sockets. There are a couple on sale on poe.trade and it would save me some time and money to try to reroll the colors myself. Are there going to be some changes regarding this in your next update or can i pull the trigger safely?
"
kingzero753 wrote:
Quick question. I am planning to buy a 6L lightning coil with 4b-1r-1g sockets. There are a couple on sale on poe.trade and it would save me some time and money to try to reroll the colors myself. Are there going to be some changes regarding this in your next update or can i pull the trigger safely?

He said that Coil will stay :P
"
Giammafix wrote:

anyway, I was thinking, what if we swap cold penetration for added cold damage? it raises so much our dps.
ok, we lose cold penetration, but what is the purpose of cold penetration? does it increase our chance to freeze enemies?

This is an inferior swap to be honest, there are two reasons for this which I'll explain below. In regards to tooltip dps, it is unrealiable for some things, yes added cold damage boosts your tooltip DPS, but only because tooltip DPS does NOT factor in penetration to it's calculation at all.

First issue with added damage gems, Look at Arc's damage effectiveness, this means whatever numbers you see on added cold damage, only 70% of that is actually added to Arc.

Secondly unless your over all DPS is very low, you'll be actually be getting better dps and freeze duration via the penetration, just the tooltip dps will hide this.

The only net gain swap involves increased critical damage from my testing, but when I face hard phys damage bosses I really wish I had a Lightning Coil :(
@Giammafix: I'm 99% sure it doesn't affect curse aoe, since that's one of its properties instead of effect. But aoe nodes and aoe for auras works.

Penetration can be seen as a more multiplier, since it directly reduces enemies resistance no matter how much they are overcapped, and can even push it into negative values.

@kingzero753: Coil will still be the BiS chest for this build.

Got the new version to 94 over the weekend, this allowed me to find potential weaknesses during high level mapping and eliminate them before releasing it.
Optimized the setup further, worked out trees for alternative weapon setups and tested everything in T13+ maps, with both my highend gear and more casual stuff. Also emulated the planned Scorching Ray totem for single target and noticed just how much the loss of Decoy Totem hurts in some fights, so i'm most likely going to skip that one.

Last but not least gave Core and all Guardians a try. Core was very easy until the third heart, but could be possible deathless with better fps and/or more practice.
Got Phoenix down deathless, was a long fight but i've expected that with Arc. The small birds he spawns are really helpful for both chaining and flask sustain.
Not so much luck with the other Guardians, even with buffed Warlords Mark and Life Leech gem it was just not possible to outleech them and flask sustain is nonexistant without Harvest/Pathfinder there.

All in all, i'm convinced people will really like this new setup.
twitch.tv/enki91

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info