Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Sectiplave wrote:

The purpose behind Cold Penetration was to ensure we were freezing mobs and assist with DPS, I've noticed my freezing of mobs is actually more reliable with ICD, easiest way to test the difference was T9 Orchard maps with Porcupines, with ICD they never fired spines on death, with cold pen a few still would. The other benefit of this gem change is ICD works on all of our DPS not just cold damage half of it. With a large crit multi the critical hits are huge and are also applying shock for longer as status debuff length is based on the damage that applied it.
I ran a bunch of maps from T6 to T12, regular mobs are still being frozen and shattered and bosses are dead within 10 seconds at the most, anything T10 or below they are dead before Vinktar's expires. It definitely feels like the optimal choice once your DPS gets near 100K. The downside you ask? I don't think it's realistic to get a 5blue-1red Lightning coil :(

sure, it would be a great boost, but I'm considering....the green socket on the armor is useful to swap for mana leech gem, in case we have to run maps with the "no mana regeneration" mod, thanks to that gem I completed some mid tier yellow maps without any problem :D
Last edited by Giammafix on Nov 1, 2016, 8:57:13 PM
@Giammafix: Looks like you got both curses running, i see no problem there.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
@Giammafix: Looks like you got both curses running, i see no problem there.

thx, so the "not enough mana" message there it's normal? :)
Last edited by Giammafix on Nov 1, 2016, 9:25:26 PM
Thanks to all for their insightful comments.

Happy to report that I have clocked ~ 8 hours browsing, chatting & bartering with the following results - all new items barring a couple:

I took your advice guys and decided to shelve the LC - at least for the time being. Instead I threw most of my reserves on the rare chest. I am almost done with the gear - the boots I'm still pondering about.

In the process of acquiring an Empower 3 (corrupted but hey..).
Last edited by NaineNoire on Nov 1, 2016, 10:28:06 PM
@Giammafix; Yes the Increased Crit Damage removes Mana leech option. I was also concerned about no regen maps, but after running rare no regen maps I found no issue was present.

Highest I ran was T11 no-regen, clearing the map with 150K+ DPS was a piece of cake, all you need is for Arc to hit a single target to leech from 0 Mana to full (I have ~700 useable mana). When fighting bosses and actually taking some damage to drain my Mana the high DPS and Warlord's leech ensured I always had enough Mana to cast Arc.

I did roll some a hard modded T9 rare map with lots of extra damage as x element and no regen, this caused me to have to use my Hybrid flask once as I made an error in my lightning warp placement and took a lot of hits before I could cast Arc / Orb of Storms. Hybrid flask gave me enough to cast Arc and I was away laughing again. To be fair this is sometimes an issue even without no regen mod if you get reduced to 0 mana and are taking a lot of small rapid hits, hence we have the hybrid flask at all times.

The real issue is elemental reflect actually, the crits are hitting soo hard you are burst damaging yourself and it causes some fairly scary spiking between 100% and ~50% HP. As well as draining your mana each time. This makes Ele-reflect + no regen a re-roll unfortunately. I personally add this to ele-reflect + hexproof as re-roll as life leech gem alone won't keep you alive.

As per my testing post I wouldn't make this swap unless you're hitting 80K+ dps not including the pendulum spell boost. The improvement to map clear speed and boss kill speed is very noticeable and worth it in my opinion. And this is important as in my eyes this build is primarily suited to quick easy mapping (and for all builds really, we spend most of our characters end game life time mapping for xp or currency if you can save time in Real-life you can run more maps with your game time), I've made solid currency by being able to 90% clear maps up to T11 in a few minutes each.
Last edited by Sectiplave on Nov 1, 2016, 9:44:04 PM
Almost done with gearing, just a couple of gems left and jewels. A question;

I adhere to your 100 points Witch setup but as I see you've not picked any jewel nodes. I suppose that you left it to individual discretion with the left-over points?
"
NaineNoire wrote:
Almost done with gearing, just a couple of gems left and jewels. A question;

I adhere to your 100 points Witch setup but as I see you've not picked any jewel nodes. I suppose that you left it to individual discretion with the left-over points?

Yes it is kinda modular, as jewel slots are more useful the more currency you have to invest into them. I'm Lv.92 and I have invested into 4 jewels, you slightly lose life from this but can get a lot of crit chance added from them, about 28-36%+ crit chance per jewel, just need to make sure it also has 6 or 7% life as well. If you stack up on this stat your crit chance with power charges up will reach into the mid 80's. With all the crit multi as well, we want as much crit as possible to get those elemental debuffs applied, we cannot solely rely on Vinktar's for shock unless you are running two! lol

At Lv.93 I'll try fit a 5th jewel slot and I'll still be just over 5K life.

I'm half way to Lv.93 now, and I have to say the struggle is real, Essence league has really slowed down lately, hardly anything is selling anymore, my 1 fuse tab used to sell like hotcakes, now I can play 2 hours with only a few trade requests.

Once I hit 93 I think I'll test out a bunch of hard content just for fun :)

Last edited by Sectiplave on Nov 2, 2016, 6:12:03 PM
As per your post Secti, I see the benefits of stacking crit through jewels.

However, acquiring them is a tall tale - in my case at least. Scoured poe trade for two days, most reasonably priced ones are 3 properties max and 99% of the time not fitting for this build. When considering decent 4-property ones, we are seeing EXs coming into play (which are by the way nowhere near the standard of your jewels, you lucky Witch!

After considerable mulling, I got two that cost 20C and 2 EX respectively - totally skinned now lol..

I will stop here with trying to get more because A. Resources and B. available passive points. I have 101 points to spend but have not done the new Act in any difficulty. Still quite difficult to spread the points around as per guidelines and head towards jewel slots.

On another note, I am a bit skeptical on which weapons to use out of the following available;

I'm not expecting anything close to your listed weapons, that would be folly. But I'm wondering if the best pick out of these will suffice for high level maps.

Now I have identified some weapons (decently priced) on poe trade that are superior in % of casting rate, spell damage and crit chance but lack crit multiplier. Your thoughts?

Last edited by NaineNoire on Nov 3, 2016, 4:36:31 AM
I guess this is the downside of Standard league, the economy has had lots of time to get inflated. I did notice this when I went back to my old Inquisitor, gear was very expensive :(

Yeah if possible find a good wand and it's very important to get adds 5 to 70+ lightning damage to spells. That should be the main part, then add high crit chance roll 75% plus, and then cast speed of 12% or higher would be nice. Don't worry about crit multi, as this gets really expensive, instead just use Facebreaker gloves, the unarmed damage % means nothing to us we just want the global crit multi, so buy whatever the cheapest pair is you can find.

When Essence league was in it's prime you could find 6% life, ~15% crit while dual wield, ~15% crit with lightning skills/global/spells for less than 25c each. Now that it's slowing down and many people retiring that league it's getting hard to find nice jewels :(
So I'm new to PoE, about 2 weeks in. I fully regret not getting into this a year ago when I discovered it. Any way, I started Witch and found your guide, its not only been a great guide but a wonderful learning tool. I am fully happy going point for point with your build and look forward to seeing the next update, although I worry you'll rework something I have to create something new to fix ;) - hah

Anyway, I am worried I'll have a hard time finding/trading the Brotherhood ring, but with time I think I'll manage.

One question for you, in regard to the Deal with the Bandits, out of curiosity, in the normal difficulty why not ally with Kraityn for the elemental resist % increase. In the long run the flat HP seems a bit low.

Anyway, thanks again and looking forward to your update.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info