[3.14] Enki's Arc Witch - a beginner friendly Lightning Caster

"
Dreagation wrote:
"
norwin wrote:
Hello everyone, I have a question.
In my "mana section in pob" there is an item "mana degen" from the node "The Agnostic", but the author does not have such an item, but this node is also taken.
Please, tell me, what am I doing wrong?
Spoiler

1.Author pob
2.My pob


Enki probably has clicked the thing "always on full life".

Thank you!
Last edited by norwin on May 13, 2021, 10:12:04 AM
Hey All,

First, thanks for the detailed build guide. It is the best one I have followed to date with the level of detail that is included.

I'm starting to struggle into higher end red maps (t15/t16 medium juice) and feel like my single target DPS struggles. Clear speed is good as long as the the pack size is good. I find myself having to pay attention and don't dash into a pack of porcupines, but think that's normal.

I don't mean to be the person who keeps piling on asking for advice, but I'm going to be for now. I'm currently crafting the medium cluster jewel and have around 6-7ex to spend. I'm over stacked on resistances so could lose some on a few pieces of gear. I think belt is probably next best upgrade option for me but everything is silly expensive right now.

Thanks in advance!
"
OfTheSin wrote:
Hey All,

First, thanks for the detailed build guide. It is the best one I have followed to date with the level of detail that is included.

I'm starting to struggle into higher end red maps (t15/t16 medium juice) and feel like my single target DPS struggles. Clear speed is good as long as the the pack size is good. I find myself having to pay attention and don't dash into a pack of porcupines, but think that's normal.

I don't mean to be the person who keeps piling on asking for advice, but I'm going to be for now. I'm currently crafting the medium cluster jewel and have around 6-7ex to spend. I'm over stacked on resistances so could lose some on a few pieces of gear. I think belt is probably next best upgrade option for me but everything is silly expensive right now.

Thanks in advance!


Some things I immediatly noticed:
Your wand can be quite a bit better still. Aim for 90%+ spell damage and 150+ mana.
Quality on the relevant gems.
Fertile quality on at least your amulet.
I doubt you need 2 life flasks, you can get utility or some more damage from there.

Since you're currently working on your med cluster and your budget, I'ma leave it at that for the moment. :P
"
Dreagation wrote:

Some things I immediatly noticed:
Your wand can be quite a bit better still. Aim for 90%+ spell damage and 150+ mana.
Quality on the relevant gems.
Fertile quality on at least your amulet.
I doubt you need 2 life flasks, you can get utility or some more damage from there.

Since you're currently working on your med cluster and your budget, I'ma leave it at that for the moment. :P



Thanks for the quick reply - will work on what you suggested and see how that improves things while I farm some more currency.
Hi,

a question about the right shield.
What is with spelldmg on this?
Is it not a high dmgboost or is it better to have recover mana on block?

Should i try to craft a shield, what is the best base (with evasion or.
.)?
"
Hi,

a question about the right shield.
What is with spelldmg on this?
Is it not a high dmgboost or is it better to have recover mana on block?

Should i try to craft a shield, what is the best base (with evasion or.
.)?


I'm gonna be upfront, your question feels kinda unclear. So if I get it wrong, ye, I've tried my best to understand it correctly. :P

Recover mana on block is a suffix. So the spell damage basically is the lightning damage on it, which is a low roll.
It probably depends a bit on where you are, if you need more mana sustain/want to be a bit more tanky (i.e. higher content), the recover mana on block is going to be stronger than like 70% spell damage, because you already have a lot of % spell damage from other sources. If you feel you lack damage, it's better to skip the recover mana on block for a bit. Ideally, you want both of them ofcourse.
All the rare gear Enki is listing are mainly to serve as examples: Look for gear with similar stats and it's probably good to use.

The base you want is probably the right shield, or an int one because of the spell damage implicit.
Do you have any advice on finding a wand upgrade? I'm on the console economy so I assume it's a little wonky, but I've seen a total of two other wands available with 100+ mana over the past few days. I've come across a few that almost fit the bill, but they always have one thing that throws it off (+cold damage, suffix slot is full, etc.).

Is there a crafting goal I can aim for with wands, like how I know I'll eventually get the 6l recipe so I'm saving my fusings up, or a way to specify my search?
"
DocHoliday503 wrote:
Do you have any advice on finding a wand upgrade? I'm on the console economy so I assume it's a little wonky, but I've seen a total of two other wands available with 100+ mana over the past few days. I've come across a few that almost fit the bill, but they always have one thing that throws it off (+cold damage, suffix slot is full, etc.).

Is there a crafting goal I can aim for with wands, like how I know I'll eventually get the 6l recipe so I'm saving my fusings up, or a way to specify my search?


I've been advising people to use essence of woe on a wand. It's also something you could keep doing over time while you play. (Maybe grind the area where there's guaranteed essences in the area a bit*.) I'd advice upgrading until shrieking and use those, or if you're ok with less tries overall, upgrade them to deafening.

Edit: *you can choose atlas passives for those, just in case I'm jebaiting people. :P
Last edited by Dreagation on May 13, 2021, 6:02:43 PM
"
Dreagation wrote:
"
DocHoliday503 wrote:
Do you have any advice on finding a wand upgrade? I'm on the console economy so I assume it's a little wonky, but I've seen a total of two other wands available with 100+ mana over the past few days. I've come across a few that almost fit the bill, but they always have one thing that throws it off (+cold damage, suffix slot is full, etc.).

Is there a crafting goal I can aim for with wands, like how I know I'll eventually get the 6l recipe so I'm saving my fusings up, or a way to specify my search?


I've been advising people to use essence of woe on a wand. It's also something you could keep doing over time while you play. (Maybe grind the area where there's guaranteed essences in the area a bit*.) I'd advice upgrading until shrieking and use those, or if you're ok with less tries overall, upgrade them to deafening.

Edit: *you can choose atlas passives for those, just in case I'm jebaiting people. :P


Cool, I'll try that. Is there an optimal base type to use? I feel like I've seen the most consistently high 40% Spell Dmg on Opal, but I don't know if they affect the other mods availabe.
All wands can roll the same affixes (Given a certain item level ofcourse).

It's basically a choice between profane wand (14% cast speed), opal wand (42% spell damage) or the heist thing, which grants a charge every 6 seconds (Which I think was better when we were dual wielding).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info