Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
_bonenuh wrote:
Hi , i want to ask , if i switch Arc gem with Crackling Lance gem , is it viable ?
I have not really tried it other than to see what it looks like, and it looks awesome. Looking at the builds of those who use it they have a very different support gem setup for it. https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Elementalist&skill=Crackling-Lance
Thanks to everyone commenting here and especially Enki for posting the great guide to begin with.

I would really appreciate anyone who might be willing to suggest where I should go next in improving this character:

Finduila
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Finandir/characters

I'm running most T16's without real trouble. I know I need to boost mana, but I'm not sure where I can best do that.

I'm just getting to work on running labs for the right enchants on boots and helm - I know they aren't optimal at the moment.

I also know I need to get my gem quality and level on quite a few. Which ones are the most important to boost quickly? I'm doing it as I have a chance in order to avoid spending all of my currency on that. (Also, I'm not using Vaal Clarity skill - that was just a side-effect of the corruption attempt.)

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Finandir on Feb 26, 2021, 2:08:02 PM
"
Finandir wrote:
Thanks to everyone commenting here and especially Enki for posting the great guide to begin with.

I would really appreciate anyone who might be willing to suggest where I should go next in improving this character:

Finduila

I'm running most T16's without real trouble. I know I need to boost mana, but I'm not sure where I can best do that.

I'm just getting to work on running labs for the right enchants on boots and helm - I know they aren't optimal at the moment.

I also know I need to get my gem quality and level on quite a few. Which ones are the most important to boost quickly? I'm doing it as I have a chance in order to avoid spending all of my currency on that. (Also, I'm not using Vaal Clarity skill - that was just a side-effect of the corruption attempt.)

Thanks in advance.

A healthy mind jewel socketed where you have pure talent will boost your mana. Move pure talent down near scion start area where you have the hypnotic eye jewel.
You dont really need the resists from the crimson jewel on the left side of your tree so you can either look into getting a watchers eye as described in the guide or move the hypnotic eye jewel there.
You no longer need the DEX node so reallocate that point to the mana node near battle rouse.
Find another medium cluster jewel with Scintilating idea on it along with more mana/mana regen. I replaced the lightning damage nodes at the top of my tree with clusters and came out ahead in damage and tons more mana. Take a look at my tree for some ideas on what to look for. I
currently have 3K life and 9K mana.

Maybe look for a cerulean ring with the resists you need for some extra mana as well.
Last edited by Zuuule on Feb 26, 2021, 2:52:12 PM
Hi Enki- nice build guide - pretty advanced for me but I am working on it.

Can you tell me what gem setup you use in the 'Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill' weapon/s?

Do you use two at the same time?

I have spark-temporalchains-hextouch on my wand and spark triggers but enemies do not seem to get cursed. ??
"
Zuuule wrote:
"
Finandir wrote:

Finduila

Thanks in advance.

A healthy mind jewel socketed where you have pure talent will boost your mana. Move pure talent down near scion start area where you have the hypnotic eye jewel.
You dont really need the resists from the crimson jewel on the left side of your tree so you can either look into getting a watchers eye as described in the guide or move the hypnotic eye jewel there.
You no longer need the DEX node so reallocate that point to the mana node near battle rouse.
Find another medium cluster jewel with Scintilating idea on it along with more mana/mana regen. I replaced the lightning damage nodes at the top of my tree with clusters and came out ahead in damage and tons more mana. Take a look at my tree for some ideas on what to look for. I

Maybe look for a cerulean ring with the resists you need for some extra mana as well.

Thanks for those ideas. I had been staying away from Healthy Mind due to Enki's comments about being squishy. I'll give it a try, though.

As for the DEX node, I need 98 DEX to use Summon Ice Golem and I only have 102. Removing the +30 puts me way below that.

Also, in terms of resists, shouldn't I be aiming for a bit higher (a little over 100) to deal with debuffs and map mods? Or is that taken care of somewhere else?

I'll also look into the medium jewel and/or another small jewel to see what I can find.

I'm working on the watcher's eye, but I don't have the cash right now. Likewise, cerulean rings are expensive and I haven't had luck crafting or finding a decent one yet. But good points that I'm working toward.
"
Finandir wrote:
"
Zuuule wrote:
"
Finandir wrote:

Finduila

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for those ideas. I had been staying away from Healthy Mind due to Enki's comments about being squishy. I'll give it a try, though.

As for the DEX node, I need 98 DEX to use Summon Ice Golem and I only have 102. Removing the +30 puts me way below that.

Also, in terms of resists, shouldn't I be aiming for a bit higher (a little over 100) to deal with debuffs and map mods? Or is that taken care of somewhere else?

I'll also look into the medium jewel and/or another small jewel to see what I can find.

I'm working on the watcher's eye, but I don't have the cash right now. Likewise, cerulean rings are expensive and I haven't had luck crafting or finding a decent one yet. But good points that I'm working toward.

As far as being "squishy" when you use healthy mind you need to keep in mind that with Mind over Matter and Agnostic, the larger your mana pool, the better.
Yea I didn't take into account the golem that requires that much DEX. I switched out ice for lightning golem so my DEX requirements are way lower.
I don't know what is recommended for overcapping your resists. Farm some currency and keep a lookout for belt/boots/medium cluster jewel that could help get them up to a level you want.
I hope this all helps. Good luck and have fun! :)
"
Finandir wrote:

I'm working on the watcher's eye, but I don't have the cash right now.

Have you taken into account the reduced attribute req. from foible? Although I'm still running that dex node aswell. Can't be bothered atm to check if I still need it, so assume: yes, keep it.

You can go for higher resistances, but when running maps you can kinda spam your flasks, including the one that removes curses. Just try and learn when you can spam it and when you need to be a bit more careful, so it doesn't run out.

A watcher's eye with increased mana recovery rate while affected by clarity is like 20 chaos, so might be a good budget option.

For gems: you can sell a lvl20/0% gem + gemcutter prism to a vendor and they'll give you a lvl 1/20% back. Those gems level up pretty quickly while you're mapping anyways.
Last edited by Dreagation on Feb 26, 2021, 4:09:37 PM
is a helm with 40% increased arc damage as good as the arcane cloak enchant helm.
"
is a helm with 40% increased arc damage as good as the arcane cloak enchant helm.

This is the least interesting enchant for us, since arc chains an additional does more in terms of damage, both for clearing and for bosses. And the arcane cloak enchant offers both damage and survivability. So if possible, go for one of those, personally I like the arcane cloak enchant more.
Thank u guys. I improve my build with your suggestions and i can do t16 maps easly.

I buy new ring with assasin's mark, is it problem for something or can i use it ?

My other question; i use benchcraft dex on my boots to dont use dex node. Is it worth it or not ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info