Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
turbozanik wrote:
HI guys, I have just made it to Act 9 and the whole thread for the last few pages are people complaining that this build does not work. Can someone give an alternative feedback? Or should I start buying all regrets available on the market?

I'm getting a bit worried too, only level 45 but all those posts have me wondering if I should change to something else
I've watched Enki's stream a little and he seemed to struggle a bit too. Can't say I paid too close of an attention of what tier maps he was running exactly, so maybe it was some very high-end stuff and I am sure he will clear it up, but it kinda discouraged me. Not talking about the death to Sirius' minions, those were truly ridiculous.

I spent all my currency (edit: only 1,5 ex; re-reading it sounded more serious value than it actually was) on the unique armor and amulet and that helped with feeling absolutely terrible about my mana, and I have a bunch of upgrade and leveling paths ahead of me, but this was not a smooth experience at all.

I am not really seeing the positive feedbacks either. Some people always find success, even with some of the least optimal builds, because they are that good in the game, but - from my experience - if a beginner friendly build is truly successful it is usually littered with praises and how smooth everything went. Ie. I remember in Delve league I switched to a Voidfletcher Deadeye and the build basically played itself even with suboptimal gears and game knowledge.

That being sad, I am not too torn about sticking with this build. First of all, an hour before league start I had no idea what I wanted to play and Enki delivered a nice guide; I have played his previous Arc build and it was fun. Moreover, this build forces me to go out of my comfort zone. I really dislike managing a "you have ~4 seconds to deal tons of damage if you press these 3/4/5 buttons in order" mechanic, but it is not as bad as I'd previously imagined and it will probably be a valuable experience moving forward, seeing as GGG introducing more of these.

It's also my first mana-starved build so I am actually having a new PoE experience as well. And it's fun when everything aligns and you completely melt a boss with all your buffs up, it definitely keeps me going. I will probably play it around lvl 90 and worst case scenario I farm up some currency for a second char, best case scenario the build gets a bit more optimized - or it is already optimized, but it gets a bit more beginner friendly.

Oh, and about beginner friendliness: I would suggest altering the guide about the first ascendancy points. I usually follow guide's religiously, especially from respectable and nice people like Enki, but this time I had to go the golem route first because it is such a quality of life node that even if the -25% res is better, it just doesn't feel as good. I much rahter spend an extra 10 seconds killing a boss (and that assumes I hit my wave of conviction rotations) if my golems are respawning automatically.
Last edited by Volband on Jan 19, 2021, 8:44:40 AM
Just gonna pop in with my 2 cents. This build has always and will always just be more or less a SUPER new player friendly guide. However, the concept is still a solid foundation. Swap some points around on the tree to grab a little bit of AoE by the templar and witch, then use ball lightning instead. I cruised through the game, went straight into yellows today. Feels solid. I'll update as I progress, but I'm only ~70ish atm. (Arc felt absolutely abysmal, so I started testing other spells, ball light felt amazing by comparison)
yeah true ahaha i tried to 6L just havent put it back i guess lmao
"
Diconius wrote:
Just gonna pop in with my 2 cents. This build has always and will always just be more or less a SUPER new player friendly guide. However, the concept is still a solid foundation. Swap some points around on the tree to grab a little bit of AoE by the templar and witch, then use ball lightning instead. I cruised through the game, went straight into yellows today. Feels solid. I'll update as I progress, but I'm only ~70ish atm. (Arc felt absolutely abysmal, so I started testing other spells, ball light felt amazing by comparison)

Thanks for sharing, I might try this out eventually. I guess just remove the dual wield stuff for the AOE stuff and use a shield? Arc is working fine for me for clearing acts so far, but good to have a backup plan for later on. I'll level ball lightning either way.
Last edited by hovereels on Jan 19, 2021, 11:46:47 AM
I've been playing Arc Witch since 2014. She has a ceiling, and the only hope to get through it is to invest tons of exalts into the build. GGG dumpstered ARc many leagues ago and until they unscrew it it'll never be top tier. The trade-off is that it's cheap to start with and will serve as the foundation for a better build.

"
Diconius wrote:

If you could share your tree or POB that'd be awesome.
Hi quick question.

If i use Controlled Destruction as my last 6 link gem with arc. Will Elemental Overlord still work, or should i remove it form the tree?

"
hovereels wrote:
"
Diconius wrote:

Thanks for sharing, I might try this out eventually. I guess just remove the dual wield stuff for the AOE stuff and use a shield? Arc is working fine for me for clearing acts so far, but good to have a backup plan for later on. I'll level ball lightning either way.

Last season I jumped from Enki's to this build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2805657/page/1
You may get some ideas from it. It is a Hierophant build but very similar to Enki's in some ways. Slight changes in gear. You will need a 6 link Pledge of Hands to really shine. But damage and clear was insane. I was able to get my mana pool close to 13,000. It does use Greater Spell Echo (on PoH) & Spell Echo so there is a pause when casting. Not sure how that will work this league but very curious because it worked great in Delirium maps. Take a look and let me know your thoughts.
Get good kids, this build is fine, my gear, sure it doesn't 1 shot bosses, but if you want to do that arc has never unless you were playing old school arc traps. I've done up to T13 so far without an issue, I'm level 90 and have only died 5 times. Also shroud of the lightless because I can't get my Cloak 6-linked.

"
sapkiller91 wrote:
Hi quick question.

If i use Controlled Destruction as my last 6 link gem with arc. Will Elemental Overlord still work, or should i remove it form the tree?

6th Link: Controlled Destruction* gives another huge damage multiplier at the cost of 100% crit chance for the linked skill. This is a reduced modifier, not less, therefore we're still able to crit with some crit scaling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info