Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
urgatorbait wrote:
"
MuFeR wrote:
I honestly don't think mindspiral can fit in this build at all. You have only a little amount of cold+lightning res from call of the brotherhood and then you got resists from 1 ring,boots,belt and that's it, also -60% lightning from lightning coil which makes it extremely expensive to reach the cap without helmet. I never had problems with mana even running t14 0 regen maps solo. The only way to make this work would be not using facebreakers and use rare gloves instead but I think facebreakers provide way higher damage than minspiral when you have good gear and reach 90%+ crit chance.

Edit: It may be nice to switch to rare gloves and mindspiral for hardcore though but not for softcore.

Actually it can work. I'm still piecing it together but I've got Mindspiral slotted, Maligaros slotted along with all the other aforementioned uniques and I am only 18 resist short on fire. BUT... I have 3 jewel slots I haven't slotted yet. So I just need to get fire on 2 of them and I'm good to go. Yes, that's two jewel affixes out of a possible 12 that can't be used for offense but let's face it, jewels with 4 offensive stats would be prohibitively expensive for most so adding fire resist to a nice 3 stat jewel doesn't really impact things much. To note, I also do not have resists on my weapons either. For reference, I'm using the posted Scion tree.

I'll try to post my gear links later when I'm home from work. Too hard to do on my iPhone.

Here's my gear showing my implementation of Mindspiral into the build. I am only short 18 fire resist which I will make up when I buy/craft my jewels for the build.

Enki,

thx very much for comments.

"
@Rexeos: Something must be horribly wrong there, you shouldn't be able to get stunlocked by rares with that much life. The issue may be Voidbringers, the increased spell cost coupled with a 7L Arc and MoM probably leaves you unable to cast in tricky situations. Switch them with Maligaros or Acuity asap.

U explained below who kills me - its gold Archer with yellow "dog". Viz. below.

"
Pledge of Hands is simply not a good weapon for crit casters. As you can see, i can easily reach double the DPS with rare wands, people with Void Batteries and Assassins even triple of your damage output.
Either switch to a 6L Eclipse Staff with at minimum +2 Lightning Gems, 80%+ spell damage, cast speed and spellcrit or go for a noncrit Arcer, which suits Pledge of Hands better.

Bought this one. Better one costs mirror or ten mirrors and I can not afford that.

"
Shavs won't help you unless you go lowlife, at which point you should drop your staff and go dagger + shield. If you go lowlife, you need Chayula or Skyforth to be protected of stuns.
If you stay lifebased, you won't need either of those. Only thing you would gain from the 6L Coil is Enlighten, imo not worth losing the legacy mitigation.

I like to have Staff. I stay with Lightning Coil.

"
As Aias_o_Telamonios pointed out, the second Enlighten in your helmet doesn't do anything, could be replaced with something more useful like Vaal Haste. Switch Empower with Rapid Decay on your Lightning Warp.

Only leveling them .).

"
I've tried almost all spells and vaal spells on a 4L as potential single target skill for this build, but nothing was any better than just using your 6L Arc to burst the boss down and having that extra 4L for other stuff.

I put there Ice golem now and Herald of Thunder + Enlighten. Thx a lot for Rapid Decay, that was reason I had Empower with Ligtning Warp. Rapid Decay with its reduced skill effect is exactly what I was looking for.

"
Not sure what you mean with "pin by archer" followed with that you die to chaos DoT, but it sounds like you're trying to fight the Village Ruin bosses. The Archer one got Vaal RoA, which locks you in place - stun immunity doesn't help here, but you can move with movement skills or simply try not to get hit. The bosses are very tricky and i recommend you to skip them with this build, unless you know the fight very well.

Yes! Thats those who r killing me! :). I met them few times in maps. I utilized Eye of Chayula, but thanks info U provided + wiki poe video of Village Ruin map I switched to yellow amulet.

"
If you still have issues with chaos damage, which you shouldn't, consider switching your boots to some with chaos res and/or use an Amethyst Flask.

Now I know who kills me = no more Archer with dog, no more problem .).

Thx for Ur time and sharing experience. Really appreciate that.

Please give a hand with following:
1) What item buy first now? Vinktar, Skyforth, better amulet?
2) Which Vinktar should I buy? Should I buy with lightning dmg as U r suggesting? Is it still valid?
3) Life Leech gem is only source of leech I have now. How to make life leech on yellow items, except Headstones workbench? Or how to handle life leech without using gem? I will drop Cold Penetration in Eclipse Staff for Life Leech for survival ability.. What U think about it?
4) Skyforth. Is it good choice or health boots wins? Imho Skyforth r great for boss fight.
5) Would be better take Elementalist Ascendancy with
and Skyforth? HP drops to 5005 but gain higher damage from Mastermind of Discord + Liege of the Primordial.

Thank You very much for sharing Lore. I made 3 changes and it skyrocket my game experience. Thank You

With Eclipse

HP 5123
ES 505
Mana usable with HoI and Clarity 1135.
Mana usable when HoI, HoT, Clarity are on 790.
Damage 48 590 or 50 613
Damage with charges 82 512 or 87 760
Crit Chance 59.2
Crit Chance with Charges 80.7

With Pledge of Hands

HP 5123
ES 505
Mana usable when HoI, HoT, Clarity are on 1193
Damage 37 961
Damage with charges 65 620
Crit Chance 52.7
Crit Chance with Charges 72.4

Jewelers can be found in passive tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAQHBLMFQgceB2MI9A5IEFgRLRGWE3EWbxbzGGoaOBpIGmwb8RzcHRQdgx_HIG4i9CSqJjwmlScvKgsreCycLYsvnTBbNuk5UjpYOthBlkJ6RKtFnUlRTLNQMFNSVUtVrlXGVytYB1iuXfJepV8qYeJknWZUakNsC20ZcFJ2EXpwfIN88H5Zfsd_xoIQgpuD24UyhXuJ04w2jmSPGo9Gj6aP-pBVkQeTJ5UulYeaO5rgm6GdrqEvogCnCKyXrrOvm7b6vYK-isBUwGbLvdAf0PXVpt-K37Dhc-Nq5CLli-vk6-7r9ew47Tzv6_Af8NXyHfQo96Y=?accountName=Rexeos&characterName=Rexeos
Last edited by Rexeos on Apr 14, 2016, 10:13:37 AM
Made much progress and honestly I don't know where to go next from here so I'd like some suggestions (other than helmet-boot enchantments). This is all my stuff.

Spoiler
also 20/20 Enduring Cry

Also I'd like suggestions on what I could replace Enlightens with (if anything) other than Vaal Skills.
Last edited by MuFeR on Apr 14, 2016, 10:07:16 AM
Updated the guide to Patch 2.2.2 with a more optimized build. The setup now has more life and mana, while keeping around the same DPS. We now focus less on cast speed and more on actual damage in favor of freeze and shock duration, and to cut down mana consumption of our Arc.

The passive tree hasn't changed much for Witch/Shadow/Templar and is within free quest respec points margin, the Scion passive tree went through bigger changes. I feel this setup is much better than before, and should eliminate most issues people had after 2.2.

@dibens: Flat Lightning Damage to Spells version is most optimal, that's also mentioned in the flask section. It depends on too many factors what flask is better in which situation, but in general the penetration version is only better at enemies with high lightning resistance.
The charge roll doesn't matter that much for us, since we only need it against reflect rares and bosses, both situations in which we won't refill the flask anyway.

@Rexeos: That staff is pretty good, worth six-linking if you can afford.

I don't recommend Skyforth with the amount of uniques you have, you simply will have a bad time capping your resistances. Vinktar as mentioned above, or in flask section.

Don't drop Cold Pen for Life Leech. Use the gem setup of this build to gain leech through Warlord's Mark. Only way to gain leech on gear is through Catarina, but that's only 0.2% and not enough on its own.

Elementalist is an option, but don't use that Chayula nor dual curse in general with it. Just stick with one of the gem setups posted for other classes.

@MuFeR: That's some sick gear! Only obvious upgrade i can see would be a Lv21 Arc, other than that there's hardly anything to upgrade. Maybe get your hands at a better Facebreaker corruption or Acuitys. Or look out for a sick crit caster amulet, but yours is already really good.

Another option would be investing some gg jewels, or maybe even a Lv4 Empower.
twitch.tv/enki91
How do you gain power charges now without orb of storms and power charge on crit ?

I already use power charge on crit in my arc since I don't like orb of storms and prefer to keep a flame totem for extra damage and enemy distraction. But i'd like to know a different way of getting power charges if you've found one.

Edit: Forbidden power I guess. It works but it's not like PCoC. I'm at 80%+ crit, maybe I need more...
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Apr 14, 2016, 9:07:10 PM
Edit: Had a question. Turns out I was an idiot and solved it myself.
Last edited by SaggySwagRag on Apr 14, 2016, 9:16:59 PM
Another small adjustment I found to the new tree (assassin maybe applies to others). Remove the whole "Melding" wheel and one of the 5%hp passives wherever and go for "Blood Drinker", you lose 25% energy shield which I believe is completely useless for this build and instead get +20DEX which for my case was enough to allow me not to have a single point of dexterity in any of my gear for lvl 20 gems. You can then also switch one of the 10int-jewel passives for the 10dex-jewel passive there in case you need more dex for some reason. Personally also switched up the Dark Arts wheel that is 5 points for 20% cast speed for Nimbleness which is 3 point for 12% cast speed,4%move speed,chance to avoid cast interruption +10% hp from the 2 points remaining.

Also is Rapid Decay actually faster for lightning warp than 20/20 faster casting? It's 15% reduced duration vs 49% cast speed.
Last edited by MuFeR on Apr 15, 2016, 2:08:15 AM
Enki,

linked in 549 Fuses. Now I go for lvl 4 Empower to get 28 lvl Arc. It chains 9x. After Vinktar and upgrade yellow items.

HP 5175
Mana usable with HoI and Clarity 1260; +Arctic Armor 802
Basic dmg 48,6k
With HoI + Lightning golem 52,6k; +charges 85,5k; +friends Haste aura over 100k.

Thank You.

Gl and hf :)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAQHBLMFQgceB2MI9A5IEFgRDxEtEZYTcRZvGjgaSBpsG_Ec3B0UHYMgbiL0JKomlScvKgssnDBbNuk6WDrYOw1BlkJ6RKtFnUlRTLNQMFNSVUtVrlXGVytYrl3yXqVfKmHiZJ1mVGpDbAttGXBSdhF6cHyDfPB-WX6vfsd_xoIQgpuD24UyhXuJ04w2jRmOZI8aj0aPpo_6kFWRB5MnlS6Vh5o7muCdrqEvogCnCKyXrrOvm7b6vOq9gr6KwFTAZsu90B_Q9dWm2V_djN-K37DgEuFz42rkIuWL6QLr5Ovu6_XsOO087-vwH_DV8h30KPem_rM=?accountName=Rexeos&characterName=Rexeos
Mufer,

Casting speed is good for how fast u disappear from place u r casting spell while Rapid Decay with its Reduced Duration moves u faster from place u casting spell to destination place. Each has different purpose. Faster movement helps to Reduced Duration effect.

My 2cents: I recommend to use both. I jump into mobs > mobs animation triggers > I disappear > appearing at new place > shooting while mobs finish their animation.

Imho Lightning Warp lvl 21/20 is overall faster than 20/21.

Last edited by Rexeos on Apr 15, 2016, 2:34:38 AM
Actually that's what I was thinking right now Rexeos, making Orb of storms my 3link because increased duration isnt necessary and go for 4l warp.
Last edited by MuFeR on Apr 15, 2016, 3:10:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info