Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Kanguranan wrote:
Hi

What am I doing wrong?

I have dual Voids with fairly high rolls, 20/20 support gems, lvl 21 arc, lvl 3 empower and with 9 power and 3 frenzy I am just over 72k Now I have no issue with the 72K in fact I have been swapping out the Empower for a Life Leech which drops me down to about 60k but has been allowing me to face tank Izaro and other bosses and still melt trash.

I was over 80% crit with the power charges up and my multi is about 350 I think.

I see guys posting about 100k and 120k and am at a loss how I could possibly get another 50% DPS.

Thanks

With 18/20 support gems, lvl 20arc, 8power charges, no frenzy charges, a single void battery, havent picked 20%cast speed on passives yet that you picked and also no crit chance or multiplier that I noticed you got on your rings/amulet (so everything way worse than yours) I got 87k dps. So as Enki said it's just because you're playing witch, only tooltip dps you get from ascendancy is 20%crit chance while assassins get 45%crit chance,87%multiplier,4.5% base crit chance. With your gear I'd probably be one of those guys you mentioned with 120k dps if not more.
If you could take a look at my gear and direct me towards what to upgrade next I'd really appreciate it. I'm level 81 and it's my first character in a few years and it's taken me a few weeks to get myself up to par with the lingo and understanding game mechanics. I guess I'm really asking for assistance in the order I should be upgrading since I'm not sure what takes priority at this time. Character name is Crucioed. Thanks in advance.
@teerick: You should start with matching up your passive tree to this build. There's some wasted pathing nodes you take, and useless stuff like Lightning Walker or jewel sockets (without good enough jewels) while you kept more important and impactful nodes behind, especially lots of life.

After that, start fixing up your flask setup and then look to replace amulet, belt and boots with something better. Everything else looks pretty ok.
twitch.tv/enki91
Hi,

as I have similar build, I would like to ask here for ur experience and help.

My goal is leveling up.

I am dying because of chaos damage. Usually stun + pinned by archer + green fumes (or other form of chaos damage). Killed mainly by "yellow" mobs. Using all flasks is not good enough.

lvl 94
HP: 5266
ES: 923
Mana after buffs: 2089
Critical chance 56%
Dmg 30k, 50 with charges

I would like to keep Pledge of Hands as I like to have Staff as weapon (if its not good idea suggestions are welcomed).

My questions are

1) Is it better if I go for Shavrones Wrapping?
2) Pin by archer is stun as well?
3) If I stay with Lightning Coil, shall I buy Acuity? If I go for Shavrones, shall I use Acuity as well?
4) If I go with Eye of Chayula, my HP drops down by cca 500 hp (that is bad imho). I will get one more slot for jewel with EoC while still have 3 curses. After I will have to change one jewel to cap lightning and cold resistance: so there is loose of I assume 300hp (still bad).

5) I can move Clarity gem to Armor and I can save Helmet for new spell combination (thinking about non chained spell to fight Artizi, which one?).
6) I can use 6L non legacy if U think I can profit from 6L better.

Thx to all of U who take time to give me answers and give advices how to make leveling without dying. Most crucial is if Shavrones is better than Lightning Coil as I am dying only because of combination pin/stun + chaos damage. If there is no chaos damage I am very happy with this build and would be complete. I can hunt items more as till now I made lot of changes and its just journey. But now items goes from Chaos to high amount of Ex and dont want to experience too much.

GL and Hf

Items I have now:

Passive tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAQHBLMFQgceB2MI9A5ID6sRlhNxFm8WvxbzGGoaOBpIGmwb8RzcHxgfxyL0JIskqiY8JpUnLylPKgsqOCt4LJwtiy-dNuk5UjpYOthBlkJ6RKtFnUlRTLNR-1NSVUtVrlXGVytYB1iuXfJepV8qYeJknWZUakNsC20ZcFJ6cHzwfsd_xoIQgpuD24TFhTKFe4nTjDaPGo9Gj6aP-pBVkQeTJ5UulnSa4Juhm7WdrqEvogCnCKyYrrO2hrzqvYK-isBUwGbDOsu9zRbQH9D11abfit-w4XPjauQi5Yvr5Ovu6_XsOO0g7-vwH_DV8h30KPfX_rM=?accountName=Rexeos&characterName=Rexeos
I'm pretty sure you can't stack enlighten gems so the second one you have is just taking up space.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Just bought my 2nd void battery (oh boy 88k-->123k dps and 93% crit Edit:132k with Vinktar) and I was looking into my flask setup. I noticed that my granite flask without extra % armor during flask effect provides better physical mitigation than a taste of hate and that's without the downside of getting chilled/frozen. So add "of iron skin" suffix and the ability to recover charges during crits isn't it far superior to taste of hate? I'd say taste of hate is only good for phys builds because it gives a huge damage boost during flask effect.
Last edited by MuFeR on Apr 7, 2016, 7:27:04 AM
Nice build.Can i use dual call of the brotherhood?
"
HuBsZo wrote:
Nice build.Can i use dual call of the brotherhood?

Dual call of the brotherhood makes it impossible to shock because you deal 0 lightning damage.
@Rexeos: Something must be horribly wrong there, you shouldn't be able to get stunlocked by rares with that much life. The issue may be Voidbringers, the increased spell cost coupled with a 7L Arc and MoM probably leaves you unable to cast in tricky situations. Switch them with Maligaros or Acuity asap.

Pledge of Hands is simply not a good weapon for crit casters. As you can see, i can easily reach double the DPS with rare wands, people with Void Batteries and Assassins even triple of your damage output.
Either switch to a 6L Eclipse Staff with at minimum +2 Lightning Gems, 80%+ spell damage, cast speed and spellcrit or go for a noncrit Arcer, which suits Pledge of Hands better.

Shavs won't help you unless you go lowlife, at which point you should drop your staff and go dagger + shield. If you go lowlife, you need Chayula or Skyforth to be protected of stuns.
If you stay lifebased, you won't need either of those. Only thing you would gain from the 6L Coil is Enlighten, imo not worth losing the legacy mitigation.

As Aias_o_Telamonios pointed out, the second Enlighten in your helmet doesn't do anything, could be replaced with something more useful like Vaal Haste. Switch Empower with Rapid Decay on your Lightning Warp.

I've tried almost all spells and vaal spells on a 4L as potential single target skill for this build, but nothing was any better than just using your 6L Arc to burst the boss down and having that extra 4L for other stuff.

Not sure what you mean with "pin by archer" followed with that you die to chaos DoT, but it sounds like you're trying to fight the Village Ruin bosses. The Archer one got Vaal RoA, which locks you in place - stun immunity doesn't help here, but you can move with movement skills or simply try not to get hit. The bosses are very tricky and i recommend you to skip them with this build, unless you know the fight very well.

If you still have issues with chaos damage, which you shouldn't, consider switching your boots to some with chaos res and/or use an Amethyst Flask.

@MuFeR: Your char sheet only shows estimated reduction, not the actual value which highly varies on many factors. Taste of Hate is always a fixed value, which is more impactful the bigger the hit gets - but on smaller hits, a Granite of Iron Skin works better.
Another plus for ToH is that it adds additional reflect protection by being a Sapphire Flask, but your argument of Surgeons on Granite is good aswell.

It comes down to personal preference here, each choice has their pros and cons.

@HuBsZo: No real point, you'd lose the ability to shock and another gear slot to essentially do the same a Three Dragons would do.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Apr 7, 2016, 9:06:09 AM
I looked into the mechanics about how armour worcks after what you mentioned about larger hits which didn't make much sense reading at the time, so the whole estimated reduction deal looks dumb because when you go into high tier maps were it's almost impossible to have high enough armor for large hits. I guess for when it actually matters taste of hate is the way to go.
Last edited by MuFeR on Apr 7, 2016, 10:37:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info