Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Pretty similar gear to a lot of other posts. Just wanted to get some more thoughts on most efficient next directions to go before the league ends.

Still need to get a better staff, but spent so long rolling for the +3 that I gave up for a while after landing that one.

Still need to upgrade to level 12 Assassin's Mark.

How much better is a good Vaal Regalia compared to Queen's Hunger in terms of prioritizing against everything else?
"
How much better is a good Vaal Regalia compared to Queen's Hunger in terms of prioritizing against everything else?

I think the big advantage with the Shaper Vaal regalia is that you can have a high energy shield with hopefully 5 affixes that you want.

The bench craft "Gain 10% of maximum life as extra maximum energy shield" is a great buff which gives a ton of ES in my case +1624 energy shield.

Because of this bench craft, I like to try and get Tier 1 life roll on the vaal regalia to make that conversion to energy shield as much as possible.

As for the shaper mods. A lot of people like to target the "adds critical damage" shaper mod which gives a nice chunk of damage (i think it was about 10,000 to 15,000 tooltip arc damage when I looked at it).

Personally, I prefer "Recover 4% energy shield on kill". It reminds me of having the "soul tether" belt back. If you are dieing, on low life/energy shield sometimes its safer to dive into a pack and kill to get the energy shield back up to max. A very good mod for mapping, feels very strong when your running maps fast, whenever you take a hit, the energyshield shoots back up super quick. (also great in the mines, with an endless stream of enemies coming at you, thats an endless stream of +5% to energy shield)

Without Timeless Jewel (normal) my vaal regalia gives me:
Life: +355
Energy Shield: +1624

Is it a priority for you? probably not because queen hunger is solid, but maybe something to consider in the long run if your interested in the ES or shaper mods.
Last edited by Zeeul on Feb 18, 2020, 7:10:05 AM
Hi guys just been reading some off Your post and some help with ideas i currently have a shaper vaal regale and hunter tailwind boots with crusader amulet with pluss 1 to lighting and a timeless vaal jewel my life is about 4440 and es 3100 my resistance is caped and chaos around 20 and with the flask 50 if someone could load my fist to help my get more dps and life would be grate as i am on a ps4 and useing browzer window and new to the game still have to craft staff and calling strike gloves. Im not sure i anyone can read this post as i have had no replies and love the arc witch and what eniks done with this build and the last 1 he did and i have 1.5 spell crite on the vaal regale 2
"
Aziridine wrote:

Pretty similar gear to a lot of other posts. Just wanted to get some more thoughts on most efficient next directions to go before the league ends.

Still need to get a better staff, but spent so long rolling for the +3 that I gave up for a while after landing that one.

Still need to upgrade to level 12 Assassin's Mark.

Counterpoint to Zeeul: I'd agree ES recovery on on kill is a very strong affix for mapping, but you get pretty much the same thing from Cinderswallow Urn, and that affix won't help you in the slightest when it comes to endgame bosses without adds, anyway.

Queen's Hunger is really good for mapping already, what with its offerings. If you're trying to push your character into A8 content, you definitely want a good Shaper's Vaal regalia with the + base spell crit chance. (I'm still striking out at crafting mine and the league's 2/3 of the way over...so don't be afraid to buy something with good mods and 6L it yourself. :/)
Last edited by WorderMostFoul on Feb 18, 2020, 9:35:37 AM
Hey guys,

I stumbled upon a pretty unique jewel called "Unnatural Instinct Viridian Jewel". I was wondering if there is a way to use it in the build and if yes does more experienced people have any suggestions?

Thank you
Last edited by Excalibour00 on Feb 19, 2020, 2:00:36 AM
"
Excalibour00 wrote:
Hey guys,

I stumbled upon a pretty unique jewel called "Unnatural Instinct Viridian Jewel". I was wondering if there is a way to use it in the build and if yes does more experienced people have any suggestions?

Thank you

Without getting to technical about all the specific keystones etc, I would just put the jewel in each slot and write down the DMG, Life, Mana, ES. At the end, pick the one you like the most.

Let us know how it does, I would be interested to pick myself up one if it works. 7ex on Trade, so it must be good!

First of all, and like many others, I would like to thank Enki for his ultradetailed guide. It has been my point of entry to PoE and I am enjoying a lot my first league. I had tried an own build before but got very slow around level 50. I would also like to thank all of you participating in this thread, it has been a joy to read your comments every day and learn something new about the build and the game.

Now, after playing more than 200 hours with my arc witch I have the following items and would like some advice in how to progress, I believe I have many of the required high end items but they are not as good as they could be (budget limitations ofc). Would you mind taking a look at my build and tell me how would you progress from here?. I feel pretty squishy sometimes, currently at 5k life and 3.5k shield, capped resistances and 30+% chaos without flask. Also, which would be the best improvement to increase dps?.

Finally, are there any clear improvements through crafting for my character? I have barely done any yet and I don't really now the possibilities.

Thank you very much for your time exiles.
Hey guys,

Another series of potentially noob questions:

- Between arc and vaal arc which one is better?

- What's the deal with their levels and qualities?

- The wiki listed them to up to level 40. I know it's possible to get 5-6 level above 20 with item, but how you can go the remaining 14 levels?!

Thank you again.

Follow up:
I'm looking on poe.trade and an arc lvl 21quality 20 is 100 chaos while a vaal arc lvl21 quality 23 is 2 exalts. Does that mean the vaal arc high level and quality is that much better? or it's more of a min-max thing.
Last edited by Excalibour00 on Feb 19, 2020, 5:10:58 PM
"
Excalibour00 wrote:
Hey guys,

- The wiki listed them to up to level 40. I know it's possible to get 5-6 level above 20 with item, but how you can go the remaining 14 levels?!

Thank you again.

Its helpful to understand what Vaal Arc is.

When you have Vaal Arc equip. You will get 2 spells you can use:
1: Regular normal Arc (exactly the same as an arc gem)
2: Vaal Arc

You play with regular ARC, after a certain amount of kills (25 is standard) you are able to cast a single Vaal arc, which is a much stronger damage, larger chain distance, and bigger chaining version of Arc.

I play with Arc and then Vaal Arc is my: panic, kill everything quick button.

So i say Vaal Arc is better, since its exactly the same as Arc but with one additional spell. Try it.

My Arc does:
1271 Damage
Chain 9 times
20% chance to shock
35% increased effect of shock

My Vaal Arc:
2614 Damage
Chain 11 times
100% chance to shock
100% increased effect of shock
Last edited by Zeeul on Feb 19, 2020, 5:16:43 PM
"
Zeeul wrote:
"
Excalibour00 wrote:
Hey guys,

Thank you again.

Its helpful to understand what Vaal Arc is.

When you have Vaal Arc equip. You will get 2 spells you can use:
1: Regular normal Arc (exactly the same as an arc gem)
2: Vaal Arc

You play with regular ARC, after a certain amount of kills (25 is standard) you are able to cast a single Vaal arc, which is a much stronger damage, larger chain distance, and bigger chaining version of Arc.

I play with Arc and then Vaal Arc is my: panic, kill everything quick button.

So i say Vaal Arc is better, since its exactly the same as Arc but with one additional spell. Try it.

Thank you Zeeul. I just added a follow up to the original post that I made. So, do you think the much higher price of the vaal arc for the quality worth the investment?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info