Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Czesiek_PL wrote:
I am thinking about changing Unleash into 4 lvl Empower. Un;eash is pretty good in early game when you moving between mob packs but on endgame when clear speed is pretty decent imo is better to focus on single target and boss fight using Empower. What do you things about it?

My current goal is changing amulet, maybe some multicraft. But what next?

Your gear is pretty good for sure. You should make sure all your support gems have 20% quality and then corrupt them for a chance to get them to lvl 21; I noticed some of them are still at 0%. Also, I'm not sure what's up with the craft on your belt; unless I'm missing some kind of obscure interaction, there are much more useful crafts than armor and evasion. Also, since you're not using unique boots, that would be a great place to get another 30% shock effectiveness from crafting. Same with an amulet; a rare is best here, but it's tough to find a really good one. Craftable mods are comparatively weak next to native ones, so I found straight-up multimodding an amulet produced lackluster results. Meta-crafting to get 2-3 top-tier mods isolated onto a rare onyx (or whatever) base and then multimodding might produce the best results. Definitely aim for high life and crit multiplier rolls and make sure to craft increased shock effect on it.

Regarding replacing Unleash, it seems to be the consensus that that's the right move once you have Inpulsa's and good clear speed. I just replaced mine with Increased Critical Damage yesterday and my tooltip DPS went up by 25% or so. I don't know that Empower would be worth it unless you have a corrupted Inpulsa's with +1 to gem levels that allows you to reach lvl 26 with Arc. A quick check in PoB will tell you what the best option is!
How well does this build do with Glacier Map Farming? How much of a Monolith is Vaal Arc able to clear compared to other builds?

Was going to do ED/Contagion, but not comfortable with the mechanics....
"
Mentoya wrote:
How well does this build do with Glacier Map Farming? How much of a Monolith is Vaal Arc able to clear compared to other builds?

This build is great at farming Glacier. One Vaal Arc usually clears 80-90% of the trapped legion monsters, and hitting most or all of the remaining ones before the timer runs out is a piece of cake.

I tried running ED/Contagion on Glacier with my trickster and the stragglers were both higher in number and more difficult to clear in time, resulting in noticeably less loot. I think the main reason is that this build has much greater mobility with Lightning Warp (assuming you've optimized your setup per Enki's recommendations). Also, when I'm racing against a clock, I much prefer powerful instant hits to damage over time. Those last few seconds can be really critical.

Of course, that's just my opinion. Obviously ED/Contagion is meta for a reason. I will say I don't particularly care for the playstyle, and much prefer Bane. A properly geared trickster is much tankier than this build, so I mainly use it for easy Uber Elder kills, but this build is still my favorite for mapping/farming. I also find it to be WAY more fun.
"
"
Mentoya wrote:

This build is great at farming Glacier. One Vaal Arc usually clears 80-90% of the trapped legion monsters, and hitting most or all of the remaining ones before the timer runs out is a piece of cake.

I tried running ED/Contagion on Glacier with my trickster and the stragglers were both higher in number and more difficult to clear in time, resulting in noticeably less loot. I think the main reason is that this build has much greater mobility with Lightning Warp (assuming you've optimized your setup per Enki's recommendations). Also, when I'm racing against a clock, I much prefer powerful instant hits to damage over time. Those last few seconds can be really critical.

Of course, that's just my opinion. Obviously ED/Contagion is meta for a reason. I will say I don't particularly care for the playstyle, and much prefer Bane. A properly geared trickster is much tankier than this build, so I mainly use it for easy Uber Elder kills, but this build is still my favorite for mapping/farming. I also find it to be WAY more fun.

awesome! thank you so much!
Hit a brick wall trying to kill uber elder today. Its probably doable with my gear but I'm not very good at the fight. Any experienced players got an suggestions on things I could change to be a little tankier? My gear isn't ideal but theres nothing obvious I'm seeing I could do that would make a big difference.

I specifically worried about the uber elder fight. Everything else including t16 guardians was very easy and died quick enough I didn't need to tank/dodge much.
"
SKTerran wrote:
Hit a brick wall trying to kill uber elder today. Its probably doable with my gear but I'm not very good at the fight. Any experienced players got an suggestions on things I could change to be a little tankier? My gear isn't ideal but theres nothing obvious I'm seeing I could do that would make a big difference.

I specifically worried about the uber elder fight. Everything else including t16 guardians was very easy and died quick enough I didn't need to tank/dodge much.

You have some really powerful gear, which explains why you have blasted through most endgame content. I am guessing the decisive factor that's hindering you with Uber Elder is movement. Despite the nice Flame Dash setup, you simply don't have a sustainable way to keep mobile enough to stay alive while still doing damage. No Lightning Warp, Whirling Blades, or Leap Slam. The cooldown on Flame Dash without a backup movement skill is a death sentence.

Another few observations: you've taken Elemental Overload and so have avoided all the required crit mods. That's all well and good, but then why are you using daggers instead of wands or scepters? You'd be better off with pure caster weapons.

Your flasks could use some optimizing for the fight. I'd really recommend an Eternal life flask instead of the hybrid life flask so you can use Soul of Ryslatha. Replace the granite flask with Rumi's Concoction for better defense and the basalt flask with Wise Oak for better offense (and defense).

Also, get yourself a lvl 21 Vaal Arc. They're cheap and the Vaal version helps move the Shaper phases along more quickly.

Additionally, you don't really have an optimal cwdt setup.

In spite of the shortcomings in your (otherwise quite nice) gear, your problems are mostly likely learning the mechanics of the fight, which is quite understandable. You absolutely must kill Elder adds--the ones that appear throughout all phases, NOT the ones during the add phases--ASAP to prevent them from dropping permanent debuffing little gray shits all over the arena and must detonate the Shaper's Volatile Anomalies in the corners, or the last phase of the fight will have so much dangerous terrain that you won't be able to properly position yourself to finish the fight.

tl;dr: pick up a reliable movement skill and learn the fight a little better. Shaper --> Elder --> adds is the fight pattern and it doesn't change. Hopefully something in this response helps!
Last edited by WorderMostFoul on Jul 26, 2019, 3:39:36 AM
"
"
SKTerran wrote:

You have some really powerful gear, which explains why you have blasted through most endgame content. I am guessing the decisive factor that's hindering you with Uber Elder is movement. Despite the nice Flame Dash setup, you simply don't have a sustainable way to keep mobile enough to stay alive while still doing damage. No Lightning Warp, Whirling Blades, or Leap Slam. The cooldown on Flame Dash without a backup movement skill is a death sentence.

Another few observations: you've taken Elemental Overload and so have avoided all the required crit mods. That's all well and good, but then why are you using daggers instead of wands or scepters? You'd be better off with pure caster weapons.

Your flasks could use some optimizing for the fight. I'd really recommend an Eternal life flask instead of the hybrid life flask so you can use Soul of Ryslatha. Replace the granite flask with Rumi's Concoction for better defense and the basalt flask with Wise Oak for better offense (and defense).

Also, get yourself a lvl 21 Vaal Arc. They're cheap and the Vaal version helps move the Shaper phases along more quickly.

Additionally, you don't really have an optimal cwdt setup.

In spite of the shortcomings in your (otherwise quite nice) gear, your problems are mostly likely learning the mechanics of the fight, which is quite understandable. You absolutely must kill Elder adds--the ones that appear throughout all phases, NOT the ones during the add phases--ASAP to prevent them from dropping permanent debuffing little gray shits all over the arena and must detonate the Shaper's Volatile Anomalies in the corners, or the last phase of the fight will have so much dangerous terrain that you won't be able to properly position yourself to finish the fight.

tl;dr: pick up a reliable movement skill and learn the fight a little better. Shaper --> Elder --> adds is the fight pattern and it doesn't change. Hopefully something in this response helps!

Thanks for the thoughtful response!

I'll give the recommended lightning warp setup a try. I've always like flame dash, but it did get me killed twice during my attempts. Once due to being on cooldown and another time due to double casting me into some shaper balls.

I'm using daggers instead of other weapons in order to get enough crit chance to keep elemental overload up. With the daggers I have 7% chance to crit on arc and just under 24% on orb of storms.

Your right about my flasks. I think I have what I need already but I didn't think to use a dedicated setup for the fight. I'll take your advice there.

Overall I agree with you that I probably just need more practice. I was messing around in POB and I don't think I can get more than 5500 life even with more ideal gear. That wouldn't be enough to make a huge difference.

Hey all,

been playing the build couple weeks now and love it.

I have two awesome daggers, level 89 now and sitting at 80k dps in hideout.

I have two questions.

-Ice bite seems more effective than hypothermia. I have a stygian vise with cold damage for hypothermia to function but I see 40k more raw dps in map from ice bite when frenzy is at 3 charges?

Second question, does anyone else get massive lag from inpulsa armor?
"
Trauma828 wrote:
Hey all,

I have two questions.

-Ice bite seems more effective than hypothermia. I have a stygian vise with cold damage for hypothermia to function but I see 40k more raw dps in map from ice bite when frenzy is at 3 charges?

Check path of building about hypothermia, I promise it is way more dps than ice bite. It doesn't show up on your tooltip so its hard to really see. Personally I only have 78k tooltip standing in my hideout, but with arcane surge up I have over 500k shaper dps and hypothermia is a big part of that.

Inpulsa is very laggy. So much so that I'm been looking at other options. You can get a similar effect from a shaper mace (enemies explode for 5% of their max life as fire damage) which is much less laggy. The downside is your weapon probably will not give you as much dps and its hard to get a body armor better than inpulsa because of the added shock effect.

If the lag is really bothering you, try using the shaper mace or just drop it all together. I don't think its really needed to get good clear speed if your damage is already high enough.
"
SKTerran wrote:
"
Trauma828 wrote:
Hey all,

I have two questions.

Check path of building about hypothermia, I promise it is way more dps than ice bite. It doesn't show up on your tooltip so its hard to really see. Personally I only have 78k tooltip standing in my hideout, but with arcane surge up I have over 500k shaper dps and hypothermia is a big part of that.

Inpulsa is very laggy. So much so that I'm been looking at other options. You can get a similar effect from a shaper mace (enemies explode for 5% of their max life as fire damage) which is much less laggy. The downside is your weapon probably will not give you as much dps and its hard to get a body armor better than inpulsa because of the added shock effect.

If the lag is really bothering you, try using the shaper mace or just drop it all together. I don't think its really needed to get good clear speed if your damage is already high enough.

If you change your network settings in log in screen UI to predictive it fixes inpulsa.

Ok I will go back to hypothermia then. Mace is out, im using two 6ex daggers for whirling blades + fortify which is a huge survival improvement. Idk how people use warp.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info