Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
RoyZto wrote:
My comments is that your spell damage is too low. there nothing on that dw tiger hook that adds to your spell damage except for that one 55% increased spell damage. Do note that "add # to # elemental damage" does not add to your spell damage. Because of this, your tiger hook that adds cold damage is not applicable to spells hence you are not utilizing the hypothermia gems and Beacon of Ruin Ascendancy (huge loss of spell damage here)

Comment no.2 is on the crit multiplier, i didnt see anything that adds to it in your equipment and jewel. you can have all the crit chance but its useless without high crit multiplier in which this build is purely for critical spell damage.

Start by changing your weapon based on the following priority as per enki's guide

"
1) Damage % (Spell, Lightning, Elemental) (/, C, F)
2) Critical Strike Chance for Spells (/, C)
3) Global Critical Strike Multiplier (/, C)
4) Cast Speed (/, S, C)
5) Damage Penetrates Lightning/Elemental Resistance (F, S)
6) Gain Lightning/Elemental Damage as extra Chaos Damage (/, S, V)
7) Adds Lightning Damage to Spells (/, C)
8) Adds Cold Damage to Spells (/, C)

No.6 is quite expensive so my list would be:
1) Spell Damage % (Spell, Lightning, Elemental)
2) Adds # to # Lightning Damage to Spells (/, C)
3) Global Critical Strike Multiplier (/, C)
4) Cast Speed (/, S, C)
5) Damage Penetrates Lightning/Elemental Resistance (F, S)

Take out your survival secret and assassin hate jewel. Find something that adds spell damage, crit chance, crit mutliplier and life

Change your helmet. Get lightning enchant + 100 life + resistant

Get assassin's mark ring

i think by changing the above you will be able to complete t16s map and kill shaper.

Thanks for your reply. It's pretty hard to get these mods on a tiger hook, so at first i'm looking to get at least two of them (spell damage and another one). Any advice except multi-mod crafting? Ring with Assassin's Mark shouldn't be expensive.
"
brettspiel8 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. It's pretty hard to get these mods on a tiger hook, so at first i'm looking to get at least two of them (spell damage and another one). Any advice except multi-mod crafting? Ring with Assassin's Mark shouldn't be expensive.

Tiger hooks can't roll caster mods, most unfortunately, so I wouldn't recommend them until you're got what you need to multimod two of them. They're a high-end option and not something you should be aiming for if you're not prepared to spend several ex on each.

I'd stick to wands for now. They have stronger implicits--especially profane wands--and can naturally roll most of the best mods. You could also do sceptres or even daggers.
I'm working my way up through the maps now using my Arc Witch built off of this guide. So far so good. Wanted to get a post here to make sure I'm on the right track with my progress. What do you guys think? (My character should be public and viewable now.)
I'm also looking for advice on gear. I feel mostly okay, but I feel like there's still a number of upgrades I could get.

Right now I have one last prefix to craft onto my assassin's mark ring - I'm thinking +mana/damage taken to mana.

I suspect my next upgrades need to be my weapon(s), mostly for more crit multi. Any other ideas?
"
Wingbit wrote:
I'm also looking for advice on gear. I feel mostly okay, but I feel like there's still a number of upgrades I could get.

Right now I have one last prefix to craft onto my assassin's mark ring - I'm thinking +mana/damage taken to mana.

I suspect my next upgrades need to be my weapon(s), mostly for more crit multi. Any other ideas?

Nice helmet!

Your instincts seem on-point; your next big step is to get two multimodded weapons. That will help your damage. You would be better served by an amulet with life, crit multiplier, and increased effect of non-damaging ailment. I would also ditch the belt for a stygian vise.

I noticed you don't have the two jewel sockets on either side of the starting point. You ideally want abyss jewels there with life, increased effect of shock, and global crit multiplier.
"

Nice helmet!

Your instincts seem on-point; your next big step is to get two multimodded weapons. That will help your damage. You would be better served by an amulet with life, crit multiplier, and increased effect of non-damaging ailment. I would also ditch the belt for a stygian vise.

I noticed you don't have the two jewel sockets on either side of the starting point. You ideally want abyss jewels there with life, increased effect of shock, and global crit multiplier.

I see that you use Profane Wand base for your weapons, but the OP suggests Tiger Hook or a Foil for Dodge/multiplier respectively. Is this a matter of tailoring your choice to your other stats? Is there a cap I should look for with my multi before turning to cast speed for damage scaling or something?

I'm still pretty new, so trying to figure out my next step and I'm pretty sure it's in making two weapons.
"
hypno_bean wrote:
"

Nice helmet!

I see that you use Profane Wand base for your weapons, but the OP suggests Tiger Hook or a Foil for Dodge/multiplier respectively. Is this a matter of tailoring your choice to your other stats? Is there a cap I should look for with my multi before turning to cast speed for damage scaling or something?

I'm still pretty new, so trying to figure out my next step and I'm pretty sure it's in making two weapons.

Yes, I went with profane wands because it was the easiest way to up my DPS at the time. I am intending to switch to tiger hooks eventually, but in this case, it's just a matter of having the currency. Foils and tiger hooks are the high-end weapons to aim for, but they're not necessary by any means.
In your original post you said you're experimenting with some new supports for Vaal Arc for Legion content, was wondering what exactly you were experimenting with.
Empty
Last edited by RoyZto on Jul 16, 2019, 11:53:38 PM
Ok, changed for Profane Wand now, had luck with Atziri's Promise (first try) and it's way better now. Next step will be new helmet, I need more life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info