Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Build will be fine, not op but it never was. I'm waiting for PoB update to do the final changes.

That said, I don't like this current trend. The build got hit hard twice in a row by nerfs that were aimed at other builds, if this continues it will be completely dumpstered and i'm tired of trying to somehow salvage it. Items that aren't available to most of the targeted playerbase should not be the answer to make a build feel good.

So yeah, this may be my last update, and that only because i've already put too much work into it.
twitch.tv/enki91
Well, the Inpulsa part is dead at least with the removal of ailment spread.

Edit: LOL, they even nerfed Inpulsa, now has lower shock effect. Kill it even harder!
Last edited by ScaryAtheist on Jun 5, 2019, 2:13:47 AM
"
ScaryAtheist wrote:

Edit: LOL, they even nerfed Inpulsa, now has lower shock effect. Kill it even harder!

We've never abused the Herald + Conversion + Inpulsa mechanic to begin with, so the impact should only be minimal and in return Inpulsa will hopefully be cheaper. I'll still look into ways to improve clearspeed that aren't "requires this item that you won't get for a long time, especially in SSF" when I got time later.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
"
ScaryAtheist wrote:

We've never abused the Herald + Conversion + Inpulsa mechanic to begin with, so the impact should only be minimal and in return Inpulsa will hopefully be cheaper. I'll still look into ways to improve clearspeed that aren't "requires this item that you won't get for a long time, especially in SSF" when I got time later.

We enjoy your work, regardless.
For this season, it's possible minions will have a different range and a no-gear starter could be along those lines. I really like arc though.
Love you Enki, keep up the great work.
Hi!
I'm quite new to the game and I finally managed to end act10 following this build guide step by step.
Now I'm starting to play maps but I can barely survive a magic tier 1 map.

Is there someone which can have a look at my pg and see what should I change or what I'm doing wrong? O really don't know what to do. I feel so much weak...
I don't know if my weapons are good, and Im not able to tell what are the pieces ofy gear that I must change instantly!

Thanks a lot :)
Last edited by niki_spam on Jun 5, 2019, 4:26:10 AM
"
niki_spam wrote:
Hi!
I'm quite new to the game and I finally managed to end act10 following this build guide step by step.
Now I'm starting to play maps but I can barely survive a magic tier 1 map.

Is there someone which can have a look at my pg and see what should I change or what I'm doing wrong? O really don't know what to do. I feel so much weak...
I don't know if my weapons are good, and Im not able to tell what are the pieces ofy gear that I must change instantly!

Thanks a lot :)

Weapons aren't the problem right now, though you should prefer daggers in my opinion.

Your flasks are bad. Like, really bad. Replace all of them immediately according to the guide (or check my setup). You can't expect to map with those flasks.

Your chest is only 4-link. Your lightning penetration & added lightning damage supports do nothing currently, which is a huge damage loss. You should have at least a 5 link at this point, so start fusing until you get that.

You don't have any added cold damage to spells as far as I can see, so your hypothermia support also does nothing. Hypothermia should be your 6th link and will only provide damage if you have a source of cold damage to spells.

The helm is also quite bad, you don't need +1 level to minions.

Spoiler

"
ScaryAtheist wrote:
LOL, they even nerfed Inpulsa, now has lower shock effect. Kill it even harder!

"
ScaryAtheist wrote:

With the nerfs to ES as well, build is basically dead. Occultist also got brutally murdered. They want to hamfistedly force you to play melee for at least this league.

I can't really tell how much influence the ailment spread from Beacon really had, but I figure that this has a way greater impact than the other part. I guess it'll be noticeable when it comes to packs and clearspeed (as if the reduced chain distance from last patch wasn't enough already). The 15% instead of 20% minimum increased damage taken from Shock in itself probably would be manageable.

But ye, that also gets amplified by the nerfed Inpulsa. Down to 15-25% increased Shock Effect from 25-40% ... that's one hell of a heavy downcut. The Inpulsa helped a lot reaching the 150% Shock Effectiveness (I also always upgraded my Arc to 20%q, because of this), which could alleviate the 2nd part of the nerf on Beacon of Ruin.

In the end, it all just adds up. First reduced chain distance, now no ailment spread, nerfed Shock Effectiveness on Inpulsa, nerfed min cap on increased dmg taken from shock...

I also think GGG is "a little bit" too overzealous here. And yes, it's obviously to hamfistedly force us to play what they want us to play. Some slight changes to shift the meta into another direction or make certain things more attractive, fine, but they're rejigging half of the game every few months and trying to prescrive us to play something by nerfing everything else.

They make Synthesis and proclaim "self-casting and energy shield". Now we have a fine self-casting build that utilizes ES and just 3 months later they butcher it again and now they want to prescribe us melee builds. I wish they would just let us play what we want and be less intrusive with their changes.

And I can totally understand you, Enki, if you're fed up with this. You put so much time and effort into all of this and then comes GGG and craps all over everything every 3 months. That's already getting on my nerves, and I'm just a consumer and regular player. I can only imagine how bad this is for someone who's actively working on and maintaining a big build + guide like this.

Although I honestly do hope you take a deep breath and keep salvaging what GGG makes a mess of to help us noobs find further into the game :/
sry for double posting, my left mouse button is damaged
Last edited by Cendrake on Jun 5, 2019, 6:47:31 AM
Just want to say thank-you, Enki, for your dedication. I wouldn't have been able to learn the ropes of the game without your guide. I started a season and a half ago, and while I've played with a few other fairly meta builds, Arc is what I was comfortable with.

After switching to EB+MoM I was a bit uncomfortable, but eventually I hemmed (and hawed) and the pants fit; with the hard nerfs to EB+MoM setups (compounded by the revisions to Immortal Call) I'm not sure I can make this work, since unsolicited polling confirms I am terrible at vidyas, and will probably never position perfectly.

Still, your guide that has been constantly updated for over half a decade is what an avid gamer friend of mine suggested when I started the game, and he wasn't leading me astray.

One day Arc will get a marginal amount of love, I'm sure of it. I'll know when it's going to happen because GGG will finally delete the random post from years ago in-between the guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info