Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Hoheinheim wrote:
Hello

Thanks for your build but i hope in 3.7 you will upgrade this because you realy can't go against T10+ without 3/4 death by the boss of every map even the trash mob can kill you easy ...

i love play Arc but this build realy suck in hight Tier i test every thing for upgrade my life etc but nothing change 4k life its just too low for T10+

I'm thinking your damage is too low, or something else is really off with your gear, if you're having problems with map bosses at T10.

It's true that certain encounters can be a little problematic currently, but they are very few. Minotaur & Chimera (T16) were the first to give me real trouble, mainly because of mobility as they have stuns & slows that become very deadly. Still, switching up the flasks and maybe using Kaom's instead of Inpulsa for certain bossfights would have solved this, I'm just too lazy.

Red Elder & Shaper were relative pushovers once I got my Inpulsa & endgame daggers with otherwise very good tier. I've also killed some of the Synthesis bosses, latest at level 82 with no deaths. Done a lich, pale council, bestiary boss etc.

So yeah the build isn't very tanky, but if you get your damage output up it can definitely handle all content still.
About Hypothermia and cold damage what do you guys think about this ring:

Is it ok?

Or its too much cold dmg converted from light dmg?

+ managed to get this precious 6L

And here is my second question, some ppl told me that unleash is not so common gem to use with ARC, i clear mobs fast anyway, what about something for bosses maybe?
Unleash can be replaced for

or

^ this gem would be nice with the unique ring I mention above, i wouldnt need to care about crit chance :)

Let me know :)
Last edited by Sebash6 on May 22, 2019, 7:48:05 AM
"
Sebash6 wrote:

Is it ok?

And here is my second question, some ppl told me that unleash is not so common gem to use with ARC, i clear mobs fast anyway, what about something for bosses maybe?

or

^ this gem would be nice with the unique ring I mention above, i wouldnt need to care about crit chance :)

Skip the ring, for sure. You're way better off with a Mark of the Shaper + Elder ring. And yes, using that ring to convert 40% of your lightning damage to cold damage will very probably result in a net damage loss, depending on your gear.

Nice job on the Inpulsa's! That's a big deal. Regarding unleash, I really do like it, but to my knowledge, nobody has done a meaningful analysis of how much extra damage it provides compared to other support gems. This is partly because the extra damage is conditional. I see that you're not running storm brand in your setup, so absolutely do NOT use controlled destruction. I would probably stick with unleash, since (I think) the extra casts of arc it provides increase your probability of triggering elemental overload. But this is just my opinion.
Last edited by WorderMostFoul on May 22, 2019, 2:39:38 PM
"
"
Sebash6 wrote:

Is it ok?

or

Skip the ring, for sure. You're way better off with a Mark of the Shaper + Elder ring. And yes, using that ring to convert 40% of your lightning damage to cold damage will very probably result in a net damage loss, depending on your gear.

Nice job on the Inpulsa's! That's a big deal. Regarding unleash, I really do like it, but to my knowledge, nobody has done a meaningful analysis of how much extra damage it provides compared to other support gems. This is partly because the extra damage is conditional. I see that you're not running storm brand in your setup, so absolutely do NOT use controlled destruction. I would probably stick with unleash, since (I think) the extra casts of arc it provides increase your probably of triggering elemental overload. But this is just my opinion.

Thanks! Well after i checked the guide again the Enki is using Empower Support Gem (Red one) as a 6th gem for his ARC (instead of Unleash)

Based on DPS this gives most dps. I will confisder Unleash vs Empower then. (Would need to craft colors anyway)

If it comes to rings i will leave that call of the brotherhood ring then due to what you said.

I will try to buy the Mark of the Shaper + get Elder ring.
Is the Shaper option worth to have? or I can skip that? Its only "cannot be stunned to spells" not global.

Here is my rest of gear im trying to upgrade (lvl 72) using poe.trade:
Spoiler

I will need some cold dmg to spells if i skip that ring, sadly, but is there any way to get it easier? from jewel maybe? or look for elder ring with at least 1 cold dmg to spells?
Last edited by Sebash6 on May 22, 2019, 1:15:30 PM
"
Sebash6 wrote:
"
"
Sebash6 wrote:

Is it ok?

or

Nice job on the Inpulsa's! That's a big deal. Regarding unleash, I really do like it, but to my knowledge, nobody has done a meaningful analysis of how much extra damage it provides compared to other support gems. This is partly because the extra damage is conditional. I see that you're not running storm brand in your setup, so absolutely do NOT use controlled destruction. I would probably stick with unleash, since (I think) the extra casts of arc it provides increase your probably of triggering elemental overload. But this is just my opinion.

Thanks! Well after i checked the guide again the Enki is using Empower Support Gem (Red one) as a 6th gem for his ARC (instead of Unleash)

Based on DPS this gives most dps. I will confisder Unleash vs Empower then. (Would need to craft colors anyway)

If it comes to rings i will leave that call of the brotherhood ring then due to what you said.

Is the Shaper option worth to have? or I can skip that? Its only "cannot be stunned to spells" not global.

Spoiler

I will need some cold dmg to spells if i skip that ring, sadly, but is there any way to get it easier? from jewel maybe? or look for elder ring with at least 1 cold dmg to spells?

Empower support is only the best option if you have it at level 4 (expensive) and also have a corrupted implicit on your Inpulsa's that gives +levels to socketed gems (insanely expensive to buy, insanely risky to try yourself). All those extra levels give arc an additional chain, which ends up being more powerful than other support gems. It's totally unrealistic to try for this! I would definitely stick with unleash over empower.

Regarding Mark of the Shaper, the Elder option is way better for us than the Shaper one. It gives a really significant damage boost.

You do need to find at least 1 cold damage added to spells. Abyssal jewels are a really easy way to accomplish that. You can also craft "adds x to x cold damage" on a ring; that works, too.
"
Sebash6 wrote:

Spoiler

Where did you find that Enki used Empower? I just checked the PoB-Link from his videos and according to that he didn't use it.

I do remember a few people used it last league. But if I remember correctly, putting Empower in there instead of Controlled Destruction (or Unleash in this case, since you don't use Storm Brand) only makes sense if you use a corrupted Inpulsa that gives you +2 to socketed skill gems. And that thing is definitely expensive.

Of course it will tell you that Empower gives more DPS than Unleash, since PoB cannot calculate Unleash yet. And I also don't think the ingame tooltip takes it into account. If I play around with my build in PoB, Controlled Destrucion or Added Lightning Damage give me more DPS than an Empower lvl 3. As for Unleash... no one knows exactly. Could be better or worse.

That ring that converts Lightning to Cold is definitely a terrible choice. We want our Lightning damage and just ANY amount of additional cold damage. Could be 1, it doesn't matter. Converting 40% of our lightning damage to cold is counterproductive and bonkers.

If you want to use Elder/Shaper ring as other ring next to Mark of the Shaper, definitely go for an Elder ring.

There are several easy ways to get cold damage to spells. Most people go for the eye jewel, but you could also get it on rings and amulet (It's simply "Adds # to # Cold damage" on these, there's no "to spells"). You can even easily craft it yourself.

One thing I would definitely look out for first if I was you is the Devouring Diadem (it costs 60 chaos and it allows you to free up a whole bunch of skill points) and the proper flask setup. But keep in mind you will have to switch around your gems and put your auras in your helmet.
Last edited by Cendrake on May 22, 2019, 3:20:09 PM
"
Cendrake wrote:
"
Sebash6 wrote:

Spoiler

Where did you find that Enki used Empower? I just checked the PoB-Link from his videos and according to that he didn't use it.

I do remember a few people used it last league. But if I remember correctly, putting Empower in there instead of Controlled Destruction (or Unleash in this case, since you don't use Storm Brand) only makes sense if you use a corrupted Inpulsa that gives you +2 to socketed skill gems. And that thing is definitely expensive.

Of course it will tell you that Empower gives more DPS than Unleash, since PoB cannot calculate Unleash yet. And I also don't think the ingame tooltip takes it into account. If I play around with my build in PoB, Controlled Destrucion or Added Lightning Damage give me more DPS than an Empower lvl 3. As for Unleash... no one knows exactly. Could be better or worse.

That ring that converts Lightning to Cold is definitely a terrible choice. We want our Lightning damage and just ANY amount of additional cold damage. Could be 1, it doesn't matter. Converting 40% of our lightning damage to cold is counterproductive and bonkers.

If you want to use Elder/Shaper ring as other ring next to Mark of the Shaper, definitely go for an Elder ring.

There are several easy ways to get cold damage to spells. Most people go for the eye jewel, but you could also get it on rings and amulet (It's simply "Adds # to # Cold damage" on these, there's no "to spells"). You can even easily craft it yourself.

One thing I would definitely look out for first if I was you is the Devouring Diadem (it costs 60 chaos and it allows you to free up a whole bunch of skill points) and the proper flask setup. But keep in mind you will have to switch around your gems and put your auras in your helmet.

Wow <3

Thank you also for reply.

About Empower I found it in "My Character" section (second post) and somewhere else. But I already know what is the point of it, +x lvl to gems is really rare to get and I will stick with the unleash then.

I thought this would be good switch for bosses, since I dont have any problem with clearing maps/packs of mobs but if it comes to the 1vs1 i lack some dmg due to no mobs around. But I think I will stick with that Unleash and maybe switch to add lighting dmg support gem for boss fighting.

About the ring I will definitly go for the Mark of the Shaper + elder.

I need to make sure tho, the sentence adds # to # cold dmg without note "to spells" is fine? Or I do need note "to spells" included?

About the Devouring Diadem I will go for that then if its that good helmet as you said :D
...but I will have some problems with elemental resist due to that
->Because I got already unique boots (Doryani) with no ele res, I will have soon the mark of the shaper also without any elemental res.
Definitly I will need to get some ele res on elder ring + definitly I will need to spend these 6x respeced points (from mana reservation reduced) for jewel sockets inside passive tree and put there jewels with ele resists.

About proper flask setup you mean to get Wise oak or atziri promise?

Also I think i will continue playing on Standard and get these all items on Standard instead now, and I will save currency. I have a lot of currency and stuff on Standard Stash ( I also wonder how my items will mix in the stash from this event to Standard - but I think its a question for other topic, I dont want to spam a lot of with my newbie questions :D)

Last edited by Sebash6 on May 22, 2019, 3:54:02 PM
"
Sebash6 wrote:

About Empower I found it in "My Character" section (second post) and somewhere else. But I already know what is the point of it, +x lvl to gems is really rare to get and I will stick with the unleash then.

Spoiler
Aah... in deed, there it is, yep. But it only makes sense with the corrupted Inpulsa together with the corrupted lvl 4 empower. And that'll cost ~40 exalts :D With that much currency it'd be wise to invest it into improving everything else instead ;)

"
Sebash6 wrote:

I need to make sure tho, the sentence adds # to # cold dmg without note "to spells" is fine? Or I do need note "to spells" included?

Yes, if we're talking about rings (not weapons!) "adds # to # cold damage" without "to spells" is fine. As long as it doesn't say only "to attacks", you're good.

"
Sebash6 wrote:

About the Devouring Diadem I will go for that then if its that good helmet as you said :D
...but I will have some problems with elemental resist due to that
->Because I got already unique boots (Doryani) with no ele res, I will have soon the mark of the shaper also without any elemental res.
Definitly I will need to get some ele res on elder ring + definitly I will need to spend these 6x respeced points (from mana reservation reduced) for jewel sockets inside passive tree and put there jewels with ele resists.

Yep, for this version of Enki's build it really is that good. Especially considering how cheap it actually is in relation to what it brings to the table. And yes, getting enough res from the rest of the gear is painful. The more uniques you use, the harder it gets.

But you should try to upgrade your gloves and belt anyway. They have fairly low rolls on res. Try to get Fingerless silk gloves with the #% increased spell damage implicit and more res than what you have now and some Stygian Vise or Crystal Belt with lots of res and as much ES as possible. Stygian Vise, although it would provide less ES, would also solve your Cold Damage problem, because you could simply use an Abyss Jewel then.

"
Sebash6 wrote:

About proper flask setup you mean to get Wise oak or atziri promise?

Yes, generally your whole flask setup is wonky. Throw out the Quicksilver Flask and one of your life flasks to make room for Atziri's and Wise Oak. For the other life flask, get an Eternal life flask, as mentioned. And then get the right affixes on all your flasks (the life flask, the jade flask and the sulphur flask). You can easily craft and beast craft that for yourself. All you need is a bunch of Orbs of Alteration and a few captured beasts.

Regarding the question what happens with your stash in standard:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Stash#Remove-only_Tabs
And at least 125,000 results on google. Probably the most asked and answered question of PoE.
Last edited by Cendrake on May 22, 2019, 6:19:37 PM
@Cendrake

Thx for all your replies :))

I will do my best to upgrade gear.

Anyway, sad info :(
I checked the price on my Event SRE001 (at poe trade) and the price for Devouring Diadem is minimum 2 ex.!!! :| :|

Much bigger than on Standard where I can even get it for 1 chaos.
So its worth to wait till June lol

I think i will buy that helmet when I move to Standard.

For now I will try to upgrade other gear without much difference in currency.

Last edited by Sebash6 on May 22, 2019, 6:43:43 PM
"
Sebash6 wrote:
@Cendrake

Thx for all your replies :))

I will do my best to upgrade gear.

Anyway, sad info :(
I checked the price on my Event SRE001 (at poe trade) and the price for Devouring Diadem is minimum 2 ex.!!! :| :|

Much bigger than on Standard where I can even get it for 1 chaos.
So its worth to wait till June lol

I think i will buy that helmet when I move to Standard.

For now I will try to upgrade other gear without much difference in currency.

Oh crap, right... I thought you were playing on normal Synthesis. I forgot you're on the Flashback Event. Yea, I figure since it's a short event and not many people will even manage to get to the Betrayal boss fight there it's a whole lot more expensive, since it's much rarer :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info