Is it me, or is racing unbalanced?

Casters are pretty imbalanced. The fact I can use a starting weapon as a final weapon just makes it stupidly easy.

Play a leap slam class or a ST ranger and you will realize you're playing a completely different game.
"
Rithz wrote:
Casters are pretty imbalanced. The fact I can use a starting weapon as a final weapon just makes it stupidly easy.

Play a leap slam class or a ST ranger and you will realize you're playing a completely different game.

edited but,

The progression is much much different. ;D
Last edited by terrex on Jan 6, 2015, 9:19:00 PM
"
Rithz wrote:

totally right
spending all your currency in d:c alching and rolling gear
vs
alching and rolling weapons and having -20 resists
is pretty balanced
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
Rithz wrote:

i disagree, the only difference is you are looking for weapon upgrades more frequently, maybe paying attention to weapon drops more. these have peripheral effects to the gameplay, probably nominal and nothing as drastic as "completely different game". just a mater of more efficient inventory management, but that isnt a completely different game considering as a caster you still have to recipe, pay attention to items, and weapon upgrades (to a much lesser extent)

the reason it feels like a different game to me comes from the radically different play styles. the difference in the mechanics of leap slam vs firetrap + whatever are astronomical. but that has nothing to do with being able to play with a starting weapon or not *shrug

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
Last edited by HeaT1 on Jan 7, 2015, 6:07:18 PM
"
HeaT1 wrote:
"
Rithz wrote:

i disagree, the only difference is you are looking for weapon upgrades more frequently, maybe paying attention to weapon drops more. these have peripheral effects to the gameplay, probably nominal and nothing as drastic as "completely different game". just a mater of more efficient inventory management, but that isnt a completely different game considering as a caster you still have to recipe, pay attention to items, and weapon upgrades (to a much lesser extent)

the reason it feels like a different game to me comes from the radically different play styles. the difference in the mechanics of leap slam vs firetrap + whatever are astronomical. but that has nothing to do with being able to play with a starting weapon or not *shrug

-HeaT

Caster is extremely straight forward for optimal results. The procedures are limited that are required in comparison to most race attackers.

Caster is very race friendly for newcomers.
"
FrAgGy wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:
All good players scout

I'll just return to lurking, got better things to do than getting Slix'ed

fite me 1v1 in sc2 brah
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
I dont think level based progression (casters) and gear based progression (attackers) can be effectively compared on a linear better/worse scale. I do think that if flameblast were balanced or removed from the equation, the two playstyles would post roughly equal results across a given season (omitting dc events due to bos being both isolated to that event type and completely broken).
IGN: KoTao
"
KoTao wrote:
(omitting dc events due to bos being both isolated to that event type and completely broken).
I'm going to go off the rails here for a bit because I don't think i've ranted about bos in the past. This isn't aimed at anyone in particular except the dev behind the sword.

Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to introduce a weapon that synergises perfectly with flameblast, fire trap and other top-tier racing skills, ON TOP OF free movement, attack and cast speeds. To rub it in further, they placed the swords in BOTH CHESTS.

Why would you take anything else?

> Rust of Winter - unviable, worse than a transmuted white.
> Ashes of the Sun - Pretty decent for fire trap/flameblast, but no movement speed and only appears in one chest
> Splinter of the Moon - Pretty good wand, only appears in one chest and cannot be stacked with ashes of the sun
> Thunder of the Dawn - unviable
> Vestige of Divinity - Strictly inferior to Blood of Summer
> Fragment of Eternity - Good crit weapon, I've rolled with these more than once
> Relic of the Cycle - Only bow in the chests, it's alright but becomes obsolete quickly
> Scar of Fate - Level 20 hatred, spell LGOH and reduced mana cost. I've never used it.
> Tear of Entropy (hat) - Low/full life bonuses, pretty powerful but very wrong for the gametype and not as good as a second weapon
> Remnant of Empires - 31% block and spell block, I've used it on melee characters for shits and giggles but you lose a lot of damage from not having a second weapon
> Chains of Time - Decent belt, strictly inferior to a 2nd blood of summer.

All the other DC gear has upsides and downsides. Blood of summer has no downside to help weigh against its clear speed and its ~20% bonus move speed EACH places it in a class of its own, even if it didn't have the best damage stats in the format.

The weapon needs to be removed or reworked. It trivialises the decision on what to take and turns DC into "Blood of Summer: RNGsus edition".

I'll be quiet now, I had my rant.
"
terrex wrote:

Caster is extremely straight forward for optimal results. The procedures are limited that are required in comparison to most race attackers.

having played both extensively i agree. however, i still dont think that's what makes it a completely different game, it's still the mechanics of the skill gems themselves and not the nuances of inventory management and weapon upgrades.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
"
HeaT1 wrote:
"
terrex wrote:

having played both extensively i agree. however, i still dont think that's what makes it a completely different game, it's still the mechanics of the skill gems themselves and not the nuances of inventory management and weapon upgrades.

-HeaT

There are a ton of factors :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info