Cyclone does too much damage.

For the sake of this test, fightgarr uses 0 block. would use block pen on cyclone anyway but just to be sure. Not gear swaps, nothing changed. 0 block 0 evasion 0 dodge.

http://youtu.be/znAWsNgfND8 Video link here.

5L Heavy strike

Basically fully linked damage wise, maybe fire pen or something.

I'm also using a Level 1 0 quality cyclone (as shown in the video).

The following time stamps are taken from frames in my video editor adobe premier elements

Test 1. Cyclone

Time start skill - 14:10

Time killed - 15:22

Time to kill = 1:12 seconds

Test 2. Linked Heavy strike

Time start skill - 27:01

Time killed - 29:05

Time to kill = 2:04 seconds

Test 3. Cyclone 2

Time start skill - 40:02

Time killed - 41:09

Time to kill = 1:07 seconds

Test 4. Linked Heavy strike 2

Time start skill - 57:18

Time killed - 1:00:01

Time to kill = 2.83 seconds

As you can see, cyclone kills nearly twice as fast. With a ONE link. My heavy strike links are even quality at 15%+ for all.

For mana cost wise, level 1 cyclone uses 24 mana.

My 5L Heavy strike uses 22 mana.

Triple elreons makes both of them 0 mana.

Don't forget than i can just shove in blind and blokc pen with NO mana multiplier, resulting in spammable infinite unstunnable, unfreezable, unbeartrapable and unknockbackable skill.

Surely there is something wrong or i'll just use a 1 link cyclone too.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
Last edited by Skyforth on Dec 23, 2014, 7:03:40 PM
Lets not forget about the stun and knockback immunity cyclone provides.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
Last edited by Skyforth on Dec 23, 2014, 6:32:05 PM
molten > cyclone if u have the sword "cannot be evaded"
"
molten > cyclone if u have the sword "cannot be evaded"

I'm RT. Same thing.
Cyclone has its downsides. It costs an absurd amount of mana and limits your movement.
IGN: Beardedwizzard
Molten is still a notch or two higher and it's way more adaptable vs cyclone.
The mana argument doesn't really hold here. It costs 2 mana less than the heavy strike setup. Remember, this isn't a 6l cyclone. This is the level 1 skill gem by itself.
Last edited by Skyforth on Dec 23, 2014, 11:26:07 PM
Obviously heavy strike is going to kill slower since it knocks him away from you. Get him to line up against a wall or something.
"
Meridin wrote:
Obviously heavy strike is going to kill slower since it knocks him away from you. Get him to line up against a wall or something.

Do you want me to use a 1 link heavy strike against a wall then?

Since when do enemies stand next to a wall for you? Are we trying to be realistic at all here?
and thats a 1h you are showing in the video as well...

I have a fairly good 2h that can get to 1.5k almost with hatred on a 1link (LGOH-BM-block pen-cyclone-blind). It can melt people faster than they can pot on low life because it jsut skips the low life into "dead".

Although, for the 2h you could argue that it deserves the higher damage as it is incredibly squishy vs traps/ranged and pretty much anything tbh.

LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info