[1.3] Fury of Zeus (Storm Call+Vaal Storm Call+Herald of Thunder)

I've tried your build. I'm now lvl 55 at the start of Merciless and so far it's smooth as butter. Destropying everyuthing in my way easy peasy, and I don't have anything super special.
Nice build, trying this out atm!

Just got these for the build. Im just wondering what I should use with them, 5L Herald of Thunder doesnt feel very strong.
Last edited by Smerte on Jan 8, 2015, 1:07:42 PM
Think I'll try this out with a witch (just because I feel like it), trying to decide whether to take five spell damage nodes (58%) to get to Elemental Dominion where I'll meet up with the tree, or the two initial spell damage nodes (28%) and then the three cast speed nodes (9%). The tree as given already has a total of 28% increased cast speed and only 29% increased spell damage, but it's got all those huge increases to elemental damage and lightning damage... hm. Leaning toward spell damage.
OPA Guild Officer: to join see http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119502
Last edited by Cidira on Feb 5, 2015, 12:05:13 AM
"
Smerte wrote:

Just got these for the build. Im just wondering what I should use with them, 5L Herald of Thunder doesnt feel very strong.

I use Herald of Thunder for Curse on Hit mainly. In the build I've been making recently (Full elemental crit Glacial Hammer - guide will be done when I get around to it) I've found dual cursing, with Warlord's Mark and anything else (I used Assassin's Mark, you'd obviously use Conductivity) to be absolutely amazing for sustain and tankiness. This would also allow you to drop the regen nodes you have at the start of Templar into the spell damage nodes. Each to their own though.

Moving your Curse on Hit away from Ball Lightning would also free up 4 sockets to allow something like an Arc Spell Totem with Ele Prolif to pre-shock monsters. But this might not quite fit into the flavour of your build.

I like the look of it though!
My witch is level 20 now and has been absolutely chewing up and spitting out normal difficulty even with no support gems linked yet. It's so nice to have a character who I can level with the skills they'll actually be using; some of the stuff I've been working on lately has been so tedious to level that I had to switch them to PotCG or Facebreaker for my own sanity.

Here's her tree so far:

Time to head into the templar area and make for the next AoE cluster. Haven't picked up an Agnerod yet nor decided whether I want to deal with the hassle of 6-socketing and 5-linking my own gear or just buying 5L, I'll worry about that after she hits 55 or so.
OPA Guild Officer: to join see http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119502
I started a new guy on Saturday I made it to level 45 Sunday night and I have no uniques. Had so much fun playing, I couldn't stop! Thanks for the build!
Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town.
Hey! Thanks for the build! very fun to play currently level 79 in the torment/bloodlines 1 month. have all the uniques.

Build can dominate level 70-75ish maps (only maps I can get to seem to drop currently) with good positioning.

Without strength on items, I would put a point into the 30 strength node in between witch/templar untill you get the strength you need to use the staff, as the staff is a huge part in the damage.

You'll need to itemize correctly to get 95 dexterity to obtain a level 20 arctic armour, this has to be done smartly not to reduce any of your resists, once you get your Doryani's you'll be free on 30% of fire/cold that you can itemize elsewhere.

If you can get good resists everywhere else on your gear, you can look for a good unset ring, until then I recommend getting dual two-stone until you have the resists to support it!

This build was interesting to play as and get use to, I had a lot of fun thank you :)
Used a tree heavily inspired by this one for my 1MSC character, but with lightning tendrils, and have had a blast. Least frustrating-to-level character ever, even better than my facebreaker build, and will hit 80 soon which will be 4/4 challenges. (Disclaimer: I bought my boss kill, so I can't comment on either my or the tree's ability to take down tough bosses.)

Having a dilemma with my actual storm call witch, though -- most of my characters, I can very easily keep mobs off them, so much so that my playstyle is a major part of their defense. I point their skill at the mobs, the mobs take fairly continuous damage, sometimes they are also knocked back and/or stunned (both of which of course slow them down), and they die before they get close enough to hit, unless they are ranged, in which case they still die before they get the chance to do too much damage, because most of the hardest hitters are close-range melee.

Storm call... doesn't do that. I CAN spam and run, to a certain extent, but there's no continuous stream of damage flowing in one direction or all directions, and not so much to slow the mobs down. When I get her to 68 I can jump from 1% to 2% lightning leech, which will help. I could try using temporal chains or an ice nova with an increased crit gem (since the point would be to freeze, not to damage) -- heck, I could use ice nova - incr crit chance - curse on hit - conductivity instead of the more thematic ball lightning setup, and freeze/curse at the same time. I could spam flasks more than I already do. I could do lots of things. Would be interested in suggestions if anyone has any, though, because while I know I'm going to be able to absorb a lot more damage in the future (leveing up = better gear = more life, plus also leveling up = more life nodes), I really would like to avoid more hits.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info