Tornado shot balance

Tornado shot is easily dominating the game atm vs the general population. You cant hide from the shots because elreon jewelry makes the skill 0 mana cost. This allows them to stack auras to increase damage greatly. Just like daggers with flicker strike ,0 mana cost huge damage increase from auras. With point blank on traps the damage up close is insane as well. They throw traps sit on them and spam 0 cost tornado shot around corners all day.

Most builds cant attack them from long range and cant de-trap because it requires too much time to do so at medium-close range and u will get barraged stun locked. Corrupted +1 arrow quivers is also amazing with tornado shot. Quivers like http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Craghead craghead allow players to easily aquire the +1 arrow corrupt and are amazing for stunlocking.

I would like to see some reworking to the accuracy of tornado shot. Builds incorporating nodes like ondars guile would then become a huge asset to the games meta. With acro being nerfed so hard,as well as block, its very very difficult to get close to the archers. Even if u play defensively the bowman lays a steady field of traps while spamming 0 mana cost tornado shots around every corner u hide in. Before it was safe for melee to run from cover to cover.

SOLUTION:
If tornado shot has an accuracy penalty then there will finally be a reason to go ranger sword/shield with Ondars GUILE. This would also allow for some build variation with duelist possibly. What are your opinions?
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Stun also needs to be nerfed across the board. After nerfing them, nerf heavystrike a small amount & tornado shot. Maybe add a max stun threshold to pvp. Something needs to be done because the defenses arent high enough to deal without stun immunity.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Hmm i certainly agree about tornado shot and traps in general, but stun isnt even near those you mentioned, there is US, Chayula, Heart Of Oak, and the new leo mod for 25-35% stun avoidance. Also what about a defensive mechanism that actually works in the left side of the tree ? (armour still sucks big time, and there is only a pesky +1fire res for elemental defences), while rangers/shadows get a free 40/30. Where is the balance in that ?

Heavy strike is also fine and i hope it remains that way (even though i almost always get rekt from heavy strike users).

Speaking of nerfs and stuff, what about all the crit nodes that are so close to each other in the shadow area? Shouldnt they get nerfed too? Or at least spread out a bit further than they currently are?

About items : Season one is by all means the seasons where hoarders and people with extreme amounts of currency/legacy items/t1 items etc will win and others will be forgotten. Dont expect GGG to balance the game (in this case lld) around the corrupted mods you can get by vaaling various items.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
can only agree the dps tornado shot does is ridicolous the only way to counter it is use ondars , hope they dont forget to nerf traps in general saw people building there whole char on traps cause how the shotgun works its a rly frustrating play style to throw traps wait 2 mins let the guy run in and die in 1 hit , Clever construction makes this even worse
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
"
can only agree the dps tornado shot does is ridicolous the only way to counter it is use ondars , hope they dont forget to nerf traps in general saw people building there whole char on traps cause how the shotgun works its a rly frustrating play style to throw traps wait 2 mins let the guy run in and die in 1 hit , Clever construction makes this even worse

Isn't that one of your builds? Puncture or tornado shot trapper? Or was this statement dripping with sarcasm?
Formerly Firebrand
_Thriller_
_Boomshakalaka_
"
"

Isn't that one of your builds? Puncture or tornado shot trapper? Or was this statement dripping with sarcasm?
got 2hand melee and a bow trapper both are doing well
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
Tornado shot just deals way too much damage in general, even in PvE. None of the other bow skills can even compare. Tornado shot is a really good AOE with LMP or GMP and it is an insane single target with LMP or GMP which is just stupid. They need to nerf its damage multiplier.

As for stun in in LLD it needs to be nerfed badly, I have no idea about HLD though. With a ranger you can get so much reduced enemy stun threshold(66% is trivial to get) that you can almost stun a player every time you hit assuming they don't have stun immunity. You only need to hit for 15% of a player's life to get 100% chance to stun. The minimal amount of stun avoidance you can get on the tree and else where also does very little against tornado shot because it hits you so many times in a single shot. Thus you either have to get Unwavering Stance or wear Eye of Chayula. Eye of Chayula is such a terrible option because you lose 20% of your increased health which in LLD is about half what you would get from the tree and you lose life on an amulet and a lot of damage.

Defences in LLD also need a significant buff. Armor got a slight buff with the physical damage reduction scaling but it is still bad. Evasion is in an even worse spot. I have like 800 accuracy on my shadow with no increased accuracy nodes. A ranger will get the same or more accuracy on gear and then have as much as 50% increased accuracy on the tree. Even with just 1000 accuracy you would need more than 2500 evasion to get just 15% chance to evade. 2500 evasion is a lot you would need top tier gear and either increased evasion rolls on rings or spec into increased evasion on the tree.

With 15% evasion Ondar's Guile would give you 30% chance to evade. So you could have 30% chance to evade, 30% chance to avoid stun, or 30% chance to dodge Acrobatics. If you have any one of those tornado shot can hit you 4 times with LMP (5 with corrupted quiver but lets not count that) which means they would have a 99% chance to stun you assuming they stun you every time they hit you. If you have any 2 of those they would have 93% chance to stun you. If you have all 3 they still have an 81% chance to stun you. You could also use a Crest of Perandus(not with Acrobatics because it was nerfed) but most likely they would be using the block reduction gem which makes using Acrobatics or a shield even worse than what I said above anyway.

I also forgot to add you can get a crap load of increased stun duration as well which allows these players to attack like 2 addition times while you are stunned which is just lol.
Last edited by Granger_Guildmage on Dec 19, 2014, 4:46:42 PM
"
Tornado shot just deals way too much damage in general, even in PvE. None of the other bow skills can even compare.

Not gonna say it's not really strong in pvp but Splut/chain (especially with HoA/proliferation) still deal more aoe damage than tornado (expect for single target).
"

Ondar doesn't do shit, problem about tornado shot's accuracy. Using any bow skill except tornado shot and aiming it to an Ondar build will give you a lot less chances of hitting him. Doing this with tornado shot without even aiming directly on an Ondar build will give you I would say about 95% chance to hit him. Tried this already.

Traps are not OP at all in this patch. What makes it look like OP is the deadly combination of a bow(tornado shot) and puncture traps. Camping or sitting on puncture traps and spam tornado shot is the way to win this shit.
"

Speaking of nerfs and stuff, what about all the crit nodes that are so close to each other in the shadow area? Shouldnt they get nerfed too? Or at least spread out a bit further than they currently are?

Please, just no, crit is already a joke now don't spread crit nodes at least ffs.

I strongly agree about a stun rework in general. At the moment it's wear chayula or get UD or GTFO not only against tornado shotters but against almost any opponent.

as for heavy strike. It's really strange they didn't implement a cannot be knocked back low level unique.. against those i really can't do much sadly

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info