[suggestion] premade low level pvp

A simple suggestion:

a separate low level pvp option where only premade pvp characters (provided and balanced by GGG) can join. the roster of premade chars could be expanded by suggestions from the community.

while i do get that people like to spend tons of exalted on 200 pdps bows, 170 pdps one handers and 260 pdps 2handers, it simply ruins low level pvp for me (only spend ~1ex) and it also heavily skews pvp towards weapon based skills and a very short non-tactical games.

the main drawback would be splitting low level pvp into two groups.
I actually think this would be a fun game type. Like we have 3v3 CTF premade gear/build chars could be another.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
Precon is fun as fuck, but having a seperate pre-con queue would lessen the already smallish player base.

Having occasional precon only events though...
This is actually brilliant idea. I played a little bit LLD and I think that it is awesome - only drawback is that I'm a casual player playing mostly with premade character gear and I'm just getting steamrolled by some pimped to the max characters.

I'm sure that I wont spent hundreds of hours to farm better gear just to be able to do some casual pvp - but I would like to enjoy it.

I think that getting oneshoted takes away fun and peoples out of pvp.

In addition to your idea - maybe it would be cool to make more premade gems and items available in something like pvp stash.
Last edited by staweks on Dec 15, 2014, 1:46:09 PM
I like this idea.

I also think that premade should PVP against other premade.

Last edited by Pokopensuke on Dec 15, 2014, 3:03:31 PM
no. It's just supposed to be a starting point and you upgrade your gear as you go, the more effort you put into it the better it gets.
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
yeah that's what it's supposed to be, and honestly most of the gear you get at the start is shit and works more towards hindering your pvp potential as you fight stronger guys in weaker gear.

but preconfigured vs preconfigured using only what was given to you is fun as fuck, and there should definitely be events of precon only.
"
AntonChigur wrote:
no. It's just supposed to be a starting point and you upgrade your gear as you go, the more effort you put into it the better it gets.

Nah , in this state it isn't competitive at all and I'm suprised you cannot see this - players with currency and corrupted gear will simply dominate any pvp tournaments and ladders.

What do you think, where player skill should be - in farming and buying gear and currency or in using his skills and sets of gems on arena?

You may not see it yet but I'm sure you will, at some point you will hit the wall made of farmed/bought gear and then you can be master of pvp and you will loose. In meanwhile read this: It happened already.
Last edited by staweks on Dec 16, 2014, 6:46:30 AM
Actually it surprised me alot that queueing up in a party did not work.
It's like a basic feature in a multiplayer game to play with friends right?
Shows how limmited GGG's coding skills/capacity are/is if you ask me.
So many basic/modern features in this game missing under the blanket of hardcore-ness, which actually covers for lazyness.

Instead of hard-core try to be hard-code GGG.
IGN: Artimunor
"
AntonChigur wrote:

sadly that is not true. pvp is actually more fun with bad gear because tactics matter a lot more if fights take a bit longer to resolve (also desync would be less of a problem, because one desync would not mean instant death). the main problem with pvp gear advancement is that damage scales much stronger (and easier) than defenses. adding six links into low level pvp (via master crafting) makes it even worse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info