[1.30 Video Guide]Ranger Smith-One Man Army Build! Blink Arrow/Mirror Arrow xD

you got a windripper? im so jelly of you right now. you have no idea.

awesome awesome stuff jangtzu. i will add this to the main post soon. youre the man.

Btw, ill have the video we did up after christmas!
Sick man, well I'm happy I served the cause !!! :p

By the way, about my Scion post, there's still plenty of tests to do ect, so of course my "mini-build" is not perfect (about tree points, and combinations of support gems for the different setups.)

If I don't see you in-game before Christmas, enjoy your holydays :)
IGN: TeslaChronos / Face_Tankit
OK, you have peaked my interest and after reading the 4 pages Im going to try this build right now!!!

So to be clear, start as a ranger or is there a better choice?
"
WarriorX10 wrote:
OK, you have peaked my interest and after reading the 4 pages Im going to try this build right now!!!

So to be clear, start as a ranger or is there a better choice?

Ranger works fine, however, there are a few wasted points at the beginning. I personally think the witch is the most point efficient version of the build, however they are all viable, and have different strengths and weaknesses.

That said, youre probably pretty safe going any of these options.
Hello guys,

Well I did quick videos of my Scion killing Dominus and Piety. Maybe if you wanna have an idea about the DPS output of a triple aura/High Phys bow "Agent Smith" ;) It's quiete fast !

Here is the gear/gem setup I used for the videos :
Spoiler

Here are the videos -Dominus Run https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsFJBpFc5Lw
-Quick Piety Kill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8UVJtt254U

-A Temple Map with Double Piety : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUO-mPWPdjw

By the way : I have noticed that every #add cold/fire/lightning/physical/ mod on your gear adds damage to the clones \O/ !! Well it's pretty logical since the mod is named "Add X damage to your attacks" and Mirror/Blink Arrows are considered as attacks ;)
Last edited by JungTzu on Dec 27, 2014, 11:35:03 AM
Loving this. Took down Dominus in Merciless at level 60 (I died a few times, not enough staunching flasks), started mapping at 60 and haven't looked back. Still haven't picked up an Infractem, Alpha's or Drillneck, and it's working beautifully anyway off a random quiver and a decent phys Grove Bow I picked up around level 50.

"
JungTzu wrote:

By the way : I have noticed that every #add cold/fire/lightning/physical/ mod on your gear adds damage to the clones \O/ !! Well it's pretty logical since the mod is named "Add X damage to your attacks" and Mirror/Blink Arrows are considered as attacks ;)

I have some bad news on this front. I didn't think GGG would make that much of a mistake in coding the skill, so I loaded up with a low damage bow, Chance to Ignite in my mirror arrow linkage, and a ring w/ added fire damage in it. Then I ran up and down Ledge with no ignites to be seen.

Same thing with Herald of Ash - cosmetic effect, shows up in tooltip, but still no ignites, no fire effect on hit.

The tooltip for Blink/Mirror seems to fall into the same territory as Elemental Hit - it's Not To Be Trusted. I'm pretty sure the damage shown is for the damage done by the lobbed arrow that delivers the clone, not the clone itself. There's a tiny little AoE where the clone lands, and it does some small amount of damage. I've been using it to smash crate clusters when I can't be bothered to run across the room. That damage would include things other than your bow/quiver, since you're the one who launched the arrow. In fact, while testing the ring, the delivery arrow could ignite things as expected. When Zana finally showed up (after waiting for me to go from level 60 to almost 70 before she could be bothered, dinged 70 in her mission) and gave me a mission in an Elemental Equilibrium map, the self cast Mirror Arrow could trigger EE from the lightning damage in my necklace.

Things to test further:

Conduit + Frenzy - This is totempole's idea, but I haven't talked to them in a couple of days to find out how things went. Since this would take away precious, precious, clone spamming time, I also need to see if totems can hand out charges - then a two linked Frenzy / Ranged Totem could be a handy utility.

Traps proccing EE - I seem to remember that this is supposed to work, but I need to get a replacement for my necessary Str/Dex necklace so I'm not giving things a resistance that matches my only current damage aura (running Haste for more shooty).

"
Loving this. Took down Dominus in Merciless at level 60 (I died a few times, not enough staunching flasks), started mapping at 60 and haven't looked back. Still haven't picked up an Infractem, Alpha's or Drillneck, and it's working beautifully anyway off a random quiver and a decent phys Grove Bow I picked up around level 50.

"
JungTzu wrote:

I have some bad news on this front. I didn't think GGG would make that much of a mistake in coding the skill, so I loaded up with a low damage bow, Chance to Ignite in my mirror arrow linkage, and a ring w/ added fire damage in it. Then I ran up and down Ledge with no ignites to be seen.

Same thing with Herald of Ash - cosmetic effect, shows up in tooltip, but still no ignites, no fire effect on hit.

The tooltip for Blink/Mirror seems to fall into the same territory as Elemental Hit - it's Not To Be Trusted. I'm pretty sure the damage shown is for the damage done by the lobbed arrow that delivers the clone, not the clone itself. There's a tiny little AoE where the clone lands, and it does some small amount of damage. I've been using it to smash crate clusters when I can't be bothered to run across the room. That damage would include things other than your bow/quiver, since you're the one who launched the arrow. In fact, while testing the ring, the delivery arrow could ignite things as expected. When Zana finally showed up (after waiting for me to go from level 60 to almost 70 before she could be bothered, dinged 70 in her mission) and gave me a mission in an Elemental Equilibrium map, the self cast Mirror Arrow could trigger EE from the lightning damage in my necklace.

Things to test further:

Conduit + Frenzy - This is totempole's idea, but I haven't talked to them in a couple of days to find out how things went. Since this would take away precious, precious, clone spamming time, I also need to see if totems can hand out charges - then a two linked Frenzy / Ranged Totem could be a handy utility.

Traps proccing EE - I seem to remember that this is supposed to work, but I need to get a replacement for my necessary Str/Dex necklace so I'm not giving things a resistance that matches my only current damage aura (running Haste for more shooty).

Yeah I have been tinkering with the idea of conduit and running all charges...let me know what you find out!
Conduit doesn't seem to work. Clones pop into existence w/ charges if I have some when the trap is triggered, but don't get any if I frenzy while they're out. Reasonably sure this is like the Herald effects - cosmetic only for the purposes of making your clones look like you.

EE does trigger off the initial arrow hit from the trap, however. More importantly, it triggers from the trap but not your minions. If you're running one or two damage auras, getting an "adds x-y other damage type" mod anywhere on your gear and cleaning off anything that matches your auras is going to be an easy 50% increase in effective damage output.
Last edited by Wee_Mad_Hamish on Dec 29, 2014, 3:26:28 PM
"
Naeblis720 wrote:
"
polo2005 wrote:
I did some testing with the skill, it seems like faster attack doesn't apply to the clone itself (nor does the minion attack speed nodes or flash offering work with the clones) It seems like the clones does'n't benefit from attack speed multipliers.

Also your lvl 80 tree can be optimized here:

http://puu.sh/dAI9u/77eb7be299.jpg

put one point on the top, remove 2 from the bottom

Awesome, thanks for the testing and the info! I will add that into my next update of the guide this weekend.

Seriously guys, I appreciate all this feedback. loving it.

On top of this 1 point efficiency, I would unspec from the aura effect nodes near Sovereignty and spend the three points to get Inner Force. You trade 10 int and +12% aura effect to gain +21% buff effect, which includes auras.

I would also consider dropping Thick Skin to get Devotion, and dropping the extra mana and mana regen nodes by Deep Thoughts and Deep Wisdom to pick up Quick Recovery. With both of these changes you trade a bit of extra mana for a bit more increased buff effect, more life and a lot more mana regen. With this much life you could spec a bit out of life and spec back into aura effect or mana nodes.

Awesome looking build, I'm excited to see how this develops.

Quod efficax non stultum
Last edited by elindred on Dec 29, 2014, 5:19:18 PM
Hey guys ! I'm back for the glory of the Smith Army !!

Since I'm too lazy to find out the real DPS of the build, (with math and shit) I just made a quick video of a Dominus kill. I chose Dom, cause well, everybody know him and the speed at wich his life bar degens is a good indicator to see how much DPS your character dish out.

I did the video today, and the tree/combination of gear is quiete optimized in my opinion, and I find the DPS really good. If you guys could give me an estimation about the DPS ? I would say more than 12-15K considering how fast the second version of Dom dies. But I could be totally wrong.

Here is the video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnpbYcRgVWg&feature=youtu.be

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info