Atziri's Acuity nerf is not a NEW MECHANIC or Double Standard!

"
monkuar wrote:
"
Spede_P wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:
The modifier that makes leech apply was the only thing that changed. It's not a new game mechanic for that specific item, it's just a lowered percent % chance to proc is my point man. (100% to 60%) chance (or percent).

It's a new mechanic from a programming perspective. And it's all that matters here.

How is changing the life leech rate (instantly) [100%] to 60% a new item mechanic? To me, it seems like it is just a basic percentage nerf to the item. That's my point in my video.. It was just a simple numerical % change and everyone is freaking out about it. The item still uses the same mechanic (life leech, but only at 60%).

Instantly doesnt mean 100% leech. Leech in this game (since you seem to be rather oblivious about the game mechanics) has a so called "regeneration rate". Instantly applied leech ignore max regeneration rate cap and applies the whole amount of leech instantly. Post 1.3 acuity will still instantly leech and still ignore max regeneration cap and apply the leeched amount instantly. GGG simply tagged a 40% reduction to the total amount leeched, so it basically works like Vaal Pact. Acuity is still superior because its instantly leech applies not only to life but also to mana, and it doesnt negate your entire innate life regeneration as well as all passives that grants more life regen, and on top of that you save tons of passive points (depending on build) to get it.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
monkuar wrote:
"
Spede_P wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:
How is changing the life leech rate (instantly) [100%] to 60% a new item mechanic? To me, it seems like it is just a basic percentage nerf to the item.

Because the previous mod didn't specify leech rate. To change it to 60%, GGG had to make a whole new mod.

Oh my God..

The previous MOD was the "100%" RATE. How many times do I have to say this? It already EXISTED. that's why Chris said:

"Atziri's Acuity: The modifier that makes leech apply instantly on critical strikes now has it apply instantly at 60% effectiveness. Existing versions of this item are affected by this change."

'The MODIFIER' (PAST TENSE, ALREADY EXISTED)

how can they nerf something that doesnt exist
"
Spede_P wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:

Oh my God..

The previous MOD was the "100%" RATE. How many times do I have to say this? It already EXISTED. that's why Chris said:

"Atziri's Acuity: The modifier that makes leech apply instantly on critical strikes now has it apply instantly at 60% effectiveness. Existing versions of this item are affected by this change."

'The MODIFIER' (PAST TENSE, ALREADY EXISTED)

You couldn't change a numerical value in this existing mod. That's why they had to make a new one, smartass.

Oh please. Don't resort to ad-hominem attacks really? You're making this such a bigger deal than what it is.

We're talking about the GAME MECHANIC. IT's THE SAME ON that item, the PERCENTAGE (100% to 60%) was the only THING that got NERFED. How many times do I need to explain this?
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
"
monkuar wrote:
You're making this such a bigger deal than what it is.

Didn't you upload a video of the previous thread to youtube?
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

"
monkuar wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

There was no rate specified in the old acuity. There was no effectiveness rate coded into the item. That rate is new and substantially changes how the MODIFIER (why caps?) works, thus there will be no legacy Acuity.

Dude, the RATE on the old acuity was the 100% rate... (APPLIED INSTANT is 100% chance).

Rate has nothing to do with chance to proc or the instant part of the item. I've explained it several times now, not sure what's more to do :) As said before, there was no rate coded into old acuity. Even if you don't know anything about programming, you should understand this. Even Tom1989 gets it, ffs.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Dec 12, 2014, 5:29:13 AM
"
monkuar wrote:

We're talking about the GAME MECHANIC. IT's THE SAME ON that item, the PERCENTAGE (100% to 60%) was the only THING that got NERFED. How many times do I need to explain this?

It's the only thing that looks to you like it got changed. In fact this little change required coding a whole new mod, therefore no legacies are possible.
There is no "chance" involved in the new mechanic, outside of chance to do a crit in the first place.. You even have vaal pact showing exactly what this "effectiveness" means in reality, and still you don't get it.

It means, if you have 10% life steal, then @ 60% effectiveness healing instantly on crit, all your crits have 6% instant leech.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
There is no "chance" involved in the new mechanic, outside of chance to do a crit in the first place.. You even have vaal pact showing exactly what this "effectiveness" means in reality, and still you don't get it.

It means, if you have 10% life steal, then @ 60% effectiveness healing instantly on crit, all your crits have 6% instant leech.

Yeah, but even if the chance is still 100%, the value of effectiveness was changed from 100% to 60% so it's not a new modification or item mechanic. It's just a simple decrease in numbers... is my point. Why cant people agree with this.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Dec 12, 2014, 5:34:17 AM
"
monkuar wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:

Yeah, but even if the chance is still 100%, the value of effectiveness was changed from 100% to 60% so it's not a new modification or item mechanic. It's just a simple decrease in numbers... is my point. Why cant people agree with this.

Only 2-3 people are arguing about whether it's a new mod or not. The rest of us have been trying to get you to understand that you are wrong about Chance vs Effectiveness and how the gloves will work from now on
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Last edited by GooberM on Dec 12, 2014, 5:39:41 AM
"
monkuar wrote:
Why cant people agree with this.

Because you don't know a thing about programming. And programming is the only thing that matters here, not your perception.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info