Some Items from Content Update 1.3.0

RIP Lightning Strike... How can you fight with a builtin AoE attack like your siblings, Static Strike ?

So I guess this is kind of lightning version of Ground Slam... Maybe Reduce Duration would be handy. And since there is AoE, I may not need a Melee Splash.. but rather Increase AoE.

It's really a skill for Templars.
So, the Static Strike AoE also damages you when it explodes/duration runs out?

Since it looks like the +qual lowers damage taken FROM the skill, or is it just very poorly phrased?

"
Xeju wrote:
Will there also be "Cannot roll mods with required level under 72"?

it's for lvl25 pvp..
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

ah I see where you are going with it. There is ilvl79 mods ya, but thing is they dont make the item they are on require lvl79 to use them. Like flaring is lvl77 I believe? but a platinum kriss with that mod still just requires lvl64. If you took a req lvl 1 rusted sword thats ilvl77, and you crafted flaring on it, it would raise the required level higher than 1, Im not sure what level it would push it to, maybe required lvl60? but it wouldnt be as high as 77.

I may be wrong but im presuming the swords mod in the op means mods that will make an item require over lvl28 to use them, not mods that have an ilvl above 28. Im guessing theres mods that are ilvl30 for example that wont push up the required level of a req lvl28 base item.

All mods have a required item level. What the mod on the sword does is to disable all mods that are above level 28. So, if you add this mod to a Zodiac leather you will only be able to roll mods with item level requirement up to 28. However, you are not able to use the item in level 28 PvP as the required level to use the item is higher than 28.

I think this mod is meant for items with a required level of 28 or lower but with a higher item level so that you can roll 5 and 6 links on the item. For example, finding a Plate Vest with item level 60, roll 6 sockets and then 6 links which does not increase the level requirement (im pretty sure), then roll mods with Alteration orb so that the level requirement does not go above 28, use a Regal orb which adds a mods that is 28 or lower (else you scour and start over), then add Leo's mod so that subsequent mods will not be higher than level 28.

(I think you actually roll mods of 28 * (1/0.8) = 35 and the required level will still be 28 or lower as the required level = Highest Rolled Mod * 0.8, if the required level is lower than the item level)
Any items for the core game or are thasy all low level PvP stuff? There's already an oiversupply of uniques that are useless in endgame that would be good for pbp players.

Oh well, still mildly looking forward to the 3 monthly "partial" respect we get given.
"
So, the Static Strike AoE also damages you when it explodes/duration runs out?

Since it looks like the +qual lowers damage taken FROM the skill, or is it just very poorly phrased?

It sounds like a case of poor wording. From reading the description, this is how I suspect it works:

-an attack that would normally deal (for sake of handy example) 100 points of physical damage. 60 of those get converted to lightning.
-the discharge occurs .75s after the strike, dealing 110% of the weapon's base damage - presumably as lightning damage - to all enemies in range.
-whatever this radius is, the quality probably boosts it by 15%.
-at level 1, the discharge damage suffers a 30% penalty.
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
Lol thx for making the First unique rustic sahs... a real vendor unique

not only garbage... its not even respecting the theme of a rustic sash...
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Dec 9, 2014, 11:49:06 PM
Le Heup just got some serious competition. :D
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
"
Kaysee wrote:
Le Heup just got some serious competition. :D

my Desecrate Build can finally work with all these degen and damage%!!
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
ugh how disappointing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info