Low Level Dueling (LLD) Crafter's Guide {on hold forever}

Hey Fightgarr, thank you for putting in time to produce these guides. Very much appreciated.

As someone with no clue about LLD, your guides have been very informative! <3

Just a clarification on your helm crafting section:

Middle-Class cost is listed as 1-2ex, depending on regals, while Rich lists a cost of about 3ex

Elreon's Mod costs 2ex atm, up from its old divine orb cost, so you might want to reflect that in the Rich-tier.. should be about 5ex to craft a good helm assuming you use 1-2ex worth of regals and alts?

Another thing would be to list base top tiers for the lvl 28 bracket, i.e:

Life - 60-69 (Rotund) I think this is different for Rings/Ammy? Not sure, would be useful info!
Resists:
Fire - 24-29% (of the Kiln)
While Lightning and Cold resists of the same % tier are ilvl 37 and 38 respectively, so that makes the item over lvl 28 requirement, yes?

Cheers!
IGN: DogeBerlin [Torment]
My Torment Shop! http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1127155
Torment Atziri Service: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1142958
Season 8 Race #17
Season 9 Race #4
"
w0wsuchdoge wrote:
Just a clarification on your helm crafting section:

Middle-Class cost is listed as 1-2ex, depending on regals, while Rich lists a cost of about 3ex

Elreon's Mod costs 2ex atm, up from its old divine orb cost, so you might want to reflect that in the Rich-tier.. should be about 5ex to craft a good helm assuming you use 1-2ex worth of regals and alts?

Fair enough, maybe I'm being too optimistic. I've bumped up the Rich estimate to 4+ exalts.

"
w0wsuchdoge wrote:

Another thing would be to list base top tiers for the lvl 28 bracket, i.e:

Life - 60-69 (Rotund) I think this is different for Rings/Ammy? Not sure, would be useful info!
Resists:
Fire - 24-29% (of the Kiln)
While Lightning and Cold resists of the same % tier are ilvl 37 and 38 respectively, so that makes the item over lvl 28 requirement, yes?

Cheers!

Yes this would be a nice list to have. In the meantime you can use poemods.com or the offical affix lists on this site.

You are right that the lightning and cold rolls are a bit skewed compared to fire for LLD. Unfortunately that's just the way it is. But, Haku's really good res affixes are all LLD eligible so use them wisely!

In other news: daily updates on this will be postponed until Monday. I'm too busy atm. I also have to re-write the 1-handed weapons section and a few other things now that Leo has come out and Hybrid ipd master crafting rolls no longer exist :(

(its not all bad news though - a unique Rustic Sash now exists....!)
"
(its not all bad news though - a unique Rustic Sash now exists....!)

max roll for IPD recipe?
I need more purple titles
I updated existing sections to account for the biggest patch 1.3 changes:

- Prismweave (unique rustic sash) now allows for easy Vicious ipd crafting
- Leo's new crafting bench affixes (this is a work in progress as I haven't seen them all first-hand yet)
- No more hybrid ipd master crafting. Basically, crafting really good physical weapons for LLD is now harder.

I might still write another equipment section later today. No promises.

EDIT: There, I wrote the "Flasks" section today, are you happy?!?!?!
Last edited by Fightgarr on Dec 15, 2014, 6:39:06 PM
I must admit this thread fills me with joy.
nice guide.

i disagree on honourhome being bad though :) 20% reduced man cost of skills is quite good -> i could argue that i wont need an elron ring to pull off mana management. In addition it comes with a bit of es and not notable armor - i think a low life build prefers to have es over ev (goldrim)..

overall crown of thorns will be better for ll though if you dont come near the PA node but i guess that will be a struggle for resists.
they who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety
"
Funcrusher wrote:
i disagree on honourhome being bad though :)

OK, I expanded the Honorhome section to weigh the pros and cons of this item a bit more. Thanks for the feedback. I still wouldn't use it though :P

Also - I wrote the rings section today!!!! I feel like there is more to say on the subject but I decided to stop after 4 pages.

Also WTB all the new rings i don't have yet :(
A small mistake at the beginning of the rings setion;

"
A truly perfect LLD ring would use one of the above 3 bases.

But there are 4 bases linked! I demand a refund for my time spent reading.
"
Fightgarr wrote:

Honourhome is a hard item to justify using, even if you are a lowlife build. You need to be using a very high mana cost skill (like a 6-link ice spear) for the 20% reduced mana costs on low life to be relevant. Elreon jewelry is going to do this job much better for you most of the time (see 7.17 on Rings and 7.18 on Amulets). The resists on low life are pretty good but not a good enough reason by itself to use this over, say, Asenath's Mark. If you can get your resists from other items, the high ES and passive points saved by using Crown of Eyes is going to be much better for your lowlife build.

Should be Crown of Thorns right?

Great guide, by the way.
"
jetinha wrote:
Should be Crown of Thorns right?

Fixed thanks.

Also, Amulets section done.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info