[2.1] MaryAnguish Low Life 198k Split Arrow+Chain /614k Frenzy. Now with MultiBarrage option!

Updated to 2.0.1, redesigned, with new trees and some more explanations.
- Attack and Spell DPS Calculator (view-thread/977942)
- IIQ/IIR balance guide (view-thread/725812)
I am still a newb, could you explain the benefits of going ES vs Life for this build?

Passive Tree
-Why did you leave the crit nodes above Assassination unallocated?
-With the emphasis on auras in this build; why not pickup the leadership cluster near the scion start?
-Why skip the frenzy charges since you're so close and running bloodrage as well as frenzy?
Last edited by Glowstix on Aug 3, 2015, 11:23:38 AM
Thanks for the comment, LumduL.

"
I am still a newb, could you explain the benefits of going ES vs Life for this build?

Is I wrote in the OP, "...I made this character as a low life one 'cos I always loved to play ES based/low life characters. MaryAnguish build is my last full equipped dummy, taking all my old gear plus mirroring the awesome Glyph Mark and self crafting the quiver.

You can also run incredible archer characters playing life based builds and CI builds, and even make it works with worst gear. Just check some sections below.
"

Already got almost all the gear from previous chars. The best benefit over a Life based? Maybe the max damage output, and just for showing off purposes. You can choose between both Low Life and Life versions, just up to you and your gear.

"

Passive Tree
-Why did you leave the crit nodes above Assassination unallocated?
-With the emphasis on auras in this build; why not pickup the leadership cluster near the scion start?
-Why skip the frenzy charges since you're so close and running bloodrage as well as frenzy?

- With this tree setup I reach 90,2% crit chance. No need to spend more points in crit nodes.
- I took the reduced mana reservation nodes just for letting me put 2 auras on life.
- About the frenzy charges, this is the only fully untested point I need to check. I'll try to remove some nodes in order to gain maybe 1 or 2 more frenzy charges. I'll let you know.
I realized the other night that you are reserving both your mana AND life pools for auras, that is soooo cool.

I spent some time trying to develop a passive tree for your build that utilizes frenzy charges as well as just putting my own spin on it.

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBAx4FtQYjCIkM8g-rD8QQexEvEVAUdRa_GYoZ_hqNGo8bARslHU8fQSBuIXYkiyT9J6kqCy0fL28wfDH6MpQ1uTfUOdQ6szt8Ps9HBklRS65Ms1AwUUdSKVT-VYVV4Fb6WFpbJluvXIpdaF9qY0NsCG0ZbWxv8nBScLtw1Xb3d9d_An8rf8Z_-4TFhs6J042_j_qVBZUgmZqa8Zu1nMSgn6GkoqOly6bgpyu0xbVItyK4yr3mvjrBM8HFwfPC7MM6yqnQ0NkT2VvZxtsa2-ffiuHb5ebnVOd06QLrY-wY7T_w1fGK8uHz6vba-WP7Cf7I_94=

Here's the side-by-side comparison.

Significant Loses
-37% projectile damage
-Ignore move penalties from armor
-28% atkspd
-60% accuracy
-12% physical dmg with bows
-70 dex
-40 int

Significant Gains
+2 jewels
+2 frenzy charges
+42% evasion
+4% evasion per frenzy charge
+8 res all

Insignificant changes
Spoiler
-20% projectile speed
-20 energy shield
-8% life
-6% movespeed
-30% chance to avoid stun
-1% life per sec
-8% crit multi
-5% crit chance
+10% energy shield recharge rate
+36% frenzy charge duration

Now that I am looking at the side-by-side comparison, it seems like kind of a wash. The frenzy charges combat 8 of the 28 lost atk spd and add a bit of dmg. That leaves two jewels to balance out the proj dmg, atkspd and accuracy% losses. Are ultra-endgame jewels that good?

Sorry for wall of text, I really do like your build.
Last edited by Glowstix on Aug 5, 2015, 3:22:47 PM
Thanks again for the tips, LumduL.

I was spending a lot of regrets tonight and making a lot of calculations. I made some changes according to your previous post and I think I found the perfect balance.

Here's the witch tree:

MaryAnguish, level 99

Same Split arrow damage (113k with Life leech) and 50k more damahe with Frenzy (500k right now) and 94.8% crit chance with the 5 power charges (I removed one, no need of 6 right now).
Tested too with more Frenzy charges, many trees variations... and I found no tree with better physical/elemental damage damage balance, more DPS and more crit chance, all together.

Please let me know if you find any other trick we could have lost.
1. If you drop the two points above assassination and the three points to get the power charge under ghost reaver, you could pickup the power charge AND jewel in the witch section. That seems like a good trade.

2. Heart of the Oak and the two adjacent nodes seem mostly pointless for your build. If you could somehow scrounge up one point, you could link your duelist tree section with

Aspect of the Eagle - Bow Dmg - Bow Dmg - Dex - FrenzyDura/Dex

and get a bit more dmg.
Last edited by Glowstix on Aug 5, 2015, 5:47:31 PM
You can also get extra physical and projectile damage going the Duelist bottom path, just losing 20% crit chance, 8% attack speed and Heart of Oak. I just updated the OP with new trees and updated stats, and I think I'll left the tree that way.

Yesterday I was about to die two times (a permastun and a reflect) and I don't wanna take more tree damage and remove the extra stun avoidance. But of course, all your suggestions are fine for people looking for extra damage.
Last edited by Chuca79 on Aug 14, 2015, 4:50:22 AM
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Intuitive_Leap

Does that result in a net gain of points if slotted into the ranger jewel adjacent to frenzy charge?
Last edited by Glowstix on Aug 10, 2015, 2:42:31 PM
This build is not viable without acuity I take it... Which is extremely expensive even when failed corrupted.

And how viable is this build with a non-mirrored bow?
Last edited by silverdash on Aug 11, 2015, 3:27:51 PM
"
silverdash wrote:
This build is not viable without acuity I take it... Which is extremely expensive even when failed corrupted.

And how viable is this build with a non-mirrored bow?

The build can work with no Acuity but the mana leech can be a problem. For life leech, with Vaal Pact is solved.
And about the bow, with good jewelry and a 350+ DPS bow you can clear the maps as fast and well.

"
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Intuitive_Leap

Does that result in a net gain of points if slotted into the ranger jewel adjacent to frenzy charge?

Yes, I think it does.
Last edited by Chuca79 on Aug 14, 2015, 4:48:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info