Combat Text/Log

WhiteBoy, thanks for the tip but my post isn't really about specific examples. I already knew curses worked, I was simply using them to indicate how combat text would be helpfull.

Further to that, it's not just about telling if something works but also in terms of balancing. Is a skill doing enough damage? Does it do the damage the tooltip says? Is it appropriate for your actual level? All these questions and more are difficult to answer at the moment since we really have no idea other than 'it feels right' or similar. This kind of feedback has it's place but I personally would prefer to deal with actual numbers.
"So Shines a Good Deed in a Weary World" - Willy Wonker
Last edited by PoERickety on Oct 30, 2011, 8:26:17 AM
atleast for beta phase a log would make sense.
dont need numbers on screen too, but only playing beta just to cover up some OBVIOUS bugs and glitches here and there makes no sense too.

at least a log which u can send to devs would make sense, although it would produce a huge amount of data to be examined. or a choice for people with massive playtime, if they wanna support with regular uploads of logs.

but better coding a tool to examine data than depending on reading a bazillion threads about bugs and whatnot.

there will be never again the chance to collect data like in an closed beta with lots of people willing to support that game (for no money!). crowd source u know^^.
Some games have combat log as an option in a separate tab, even after release. I prefer that way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info