Preview Video for New 1.3.0 Wand Skill

Kinetic Burst or kinetic blast
Seismic Rupture

Reasoning below:

Since wands do not shot in the same sense as a bow, I thought it doesn't make sense to call it a shot or anything of the type that implies a launched projectile. Power Siphon seems to follow this idea already and I think it makes sense in a theme to stay with that for wand specific skills. Game mechanic wise a wand fires a physical moving representation the effect in game seems like a blast of force. It however is easy to imagine that firing a wand applies a blast of force at your intended target, much like we are used to seeing in Harry Potter movies, and other hollywood wand uses we have all seen. Physical damage is the normal damage type a wand uses and it ties in my mind with the idea of a wand applying a moving force when fired.

The close association between wands, witches and intelligence, makes me think those exiles that are studious would have knowledge of physical forces and their relationships. Kinetic and potential energy seem to already be utilized in Power Siphon; fire kinetic energy blast with some theumaturgic enhancement that releases that targets potential energy (soul) as power for you to use (power charge).

"
The skill causes physical damage explosions around the target that don't overlap it. As you can see in the video, it's pretty powerful when supported by Chain or Multiple Projectiles.

Putting all that together I came up with Kinetic blast. Staying away from names that imply a projectile being launched that takes out bombardment, fusillade, anything with shot, projectile, or bolt in the name. 'Explosion' in the name seems somehow incorrect as we already have explosive arrow. Didn't stay with blast because it seems so common.

I saw Seismic Dart and Sonic Salvo earlier and they are really interesting concepts that should be considered because of their theme ideas. Seismic Dart is interesting because if this is a ground based effect it works great, but I am dropping dart from the name because it implies a fired projectile object, thus Seismic Rupture. Sonic Salvo is an interesting concept of a sound based concussion, but I am not sure how you reconcile that with a fire damage component in the skill.

Have at ye GGG.
Last edited by RYKS on Nov 28, 2014, 12:30:51 AM
Rabbit fart ?
tremor strike
blitz shot
IS IT TOMORROW YET?!

I CAN'T HOLD THE HYPE!1!11

Call it fireworks. Can even do firework spell skin later. Scatter shot be another name. Wonder if it is a spell or attack. I would guess attack.
Last edited by freakky on Nov 26, 2014, 6:54:03 PM
suggested name: eldritch fist
When is QQ coming?

Oh, and name it Syne Wave.

PS!
Made you look :P
"Path of Exile needs a Circlejerk Subforum" -cypherrage
Scatterburst?
Sonic Blast
uhm, its almost 24hour. i demand news

Report Forum Post

Report Account: