Fishing with Krillson (but he wins this round) (with videos)

"
Grughal wrote:
"
Arviû wrote:
I managed to summon MonstaMunch? :o

So, worth it from a selffound or trader point of view?

Haha, oh please...

Monsta been talking this fishing nonsense for ages (before rods were in game) and for example, Krillson was only added with Forsaken masters. Don't take it seriously, even if someone manages to fish or complete Krillson quest later on.

Personally, I was trying to accomplish fishing just to get the quest done and out of curiosity but I never expected to get a fish into my inventory or so.

Yeah I know, don't take my reply too serious ^^ I just didn't see Monsta in a Krillson thread yet.
However, with videos of Krillson up now, I kind of start thinking these quests are somehow doable (esp. The rainbowstrides quest)... Meh not really sure how far this giant GGGTroll goes.
I had a rod, and

For starters, that Feather used to be 10/10, the Rod was Song of Siren but I sold it a while back. Guess I should have kept all this stuff but I am 100% for sure this is all a big troll.

It's just a fun thing like the Diablo 2 Purple chat GEM. It does nothing, and there is no fishing.

It's all just to make fun of fishing in games like Torchlight, or FATE, or WoW. It's never going to happen, there will never be fishing or catching fish in PoE and I'm so happy, it would not fit the game.
If you stand next to a double boss Corpse-Explosion, you're gonna have a bad time. RIPKRIPP
"
Quazplum wrote:
I had a rod, and

For starters, that Feather used to be 10/10, the Rod was Song of Siren but I sold it a while back. Guess I should have kept all this stuff but I am 100% for sure this is all a big troll.

It's just a fun thing like the Diablo 2 Purple chat GEM. It does nothing, and there is no fishing.

It's all just to make fun of fishing in games like Torchlight, or FATE, or WoW. It's never going to happen, there will never be fishing or catching fish in PoE and I'm so happy, it would not fit the game.

I expect the doubters will become frantic seekers once they see other players riding the eaglefish. The rampage level 13 challenge wasn't just an isolated achievement. GGG's secret piscene implementation team needed to test out how many vaal souls could be harvested for the ephemeral vaal skill gems. Eaglefish Summons (think flying skeletal pirahna pets) may be the first one released. You'll need to get the gem to high level before it will summon a rideable mount. The cool thing about these new gems, is that they can be replenished quickly through rampage streaks. The balancing down side is that they only gain experience from rampage kills, and higher level skill gems require higher rampage levels. While the final numbers aren't determined, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that a level 19 Eaglefish Summon ephemeral vaal gem would require level 13 rampage streaks to gain any xp towards level 20.

We'll just have to wade and sea what GGG decides to release in the next few patches.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Quazplum wrote:
I had a rod, and

This. +1

The second I read that only 1 person could see Krillson I knew this had to be a big troll, so I'm with you. Even a 30 sec video doesn't prove anything.
Back in the days it was 'screenshot or it didn't happen'. In 2014 you need way better proof then a 30 sec video which only shows autoattacks (!!). Editing 30 seconds of video is too easy. Show me 20 minutes of Krillson and trying to fish and stuff and then you might convince me. Bad pc or low internetquality excuses are too easy an excuse. It's late 2014, the possibilities are endless. Even POE itself suppors streaming. I don't know how it works exact since i dont need to stream but you can bet if I ever come across something this big I would have a stream up and running in an hour.
Good troll though.
Last edited by Punica1980 on Nov 20, 2014, 3:30:06 AM

Mhmmmm
"
Quazplum wrote:
I had a rod, and

LOL, you completly wrong, i wish they add some fishing mini-game in some expansion. The games of this kind exist as the full games and have many players enjoing it. Look at this that way: after many hours of farming or grinding maps you can go to your hideout or some other water spot and relax fishing. Lets say there are 30+ different fishes (can do challenge also - catch 1 of each fish), for record data they can be different weight and size (only as display data for records, in terms of utility they all the same). And the eight master can trade some fish you cought for items.
Lets say 5xPiranha for 1chaos orb, 3xExotic Fish and 5x some other fish for some random low-mid tier unique, or anything else - possibilities here are endless.

"
Quazplum wrote:
I had a rod, and

LOL, you completly wrong, i wish they add some fishing mini-game in some expansion. The games of this kind exist as the full games and have many players enjoing it. Look at this that way: after many hours of farming or grinding maps you can go to your hideout or some other water spot and relax fishing. Lets say there are 30+ different fishes (can do challenge also - catch 1 of each fish), for record data they can be different weight and size (only as display data for records, in terms of utility they all the same). And the eight master can trade some fish you cought for items.
Lets say 5xPiranha for 1chaos orb, 3xExotic Fish and 5x some other fish for some random low-mid tier unique, or anything else - possibilities here are endless.

Reminds me of breath of fire IV. Yea it could work, but does it fit the whole dark and gritty world.. I don't know.
"
Grughal wrote:
"
Arviû wrote:
I managed to summon MonstaMunch? :o

So, worth it from a selffound or trader point of view?

Haha, oh please...

Monsta been talking this fishing nonsense for ages (before rods were in game) and for example, Krillson was only added with Forsaken masters. Don't take it seriously, even if someone manages to fish or complete Krillson quest later on.

Personally, I was trying to accomplish fishing just to get the quest done and out of curiosity but I never expected to get a fish into my inventory or so.

Rods were a part of this game before I ever even played it, albeit perhaps not in the same capacity as they are now.

I deeply resent any accusations of trolling. I have never trolled in my life, about anything, ever, nor will I. I'm like the antitroll. When trolls see me comin they be like "omfg, see that guy? He's like, the exact opposite of us" and then all the other trolls are like "well yeah, can't argue with that, obvious fact is obvious".

I actually haven't read this thread in its entirety so I can't comment on whether all the claims being made are legit, but fishing most certainly is, and all the people who say it isn't are just jelly and/or too lazy to work it all out.

When I say that for me, rods being in this game has been totally worth it, I meant it.

lurn2fish bro. <3
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Nov 20, 2014, 6:19:55 AM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

Rods were a part of this game before I ever even played it, albeit perhaps not in the same capacity as they are now.

I deeply resent any accusations of trolling. I have never trolled in my life, about anything, ever, nor will I. I'm like the antitroll. When trolls see me comin they be like "omfg, see that guy? He's like, the exact opposite of us" and then all the other trolls are like "well yeah, can't argue with that, obvious fact is obvious".

I actually haven't read this thread in its entirety so I can't comment on whether all the claims being made are legit, but fishing most certainly is, and all the people who say it isn't are just jelly and/or too lazy to work it all out.

When I say that for me, rods being in this game has been totally worth it, I meant it.

lurn2fish bro. <3

When you make a claim, the burden of proof falls on you, bro. <3

You claim you can fish, want to prove it? Till that day, you're just a troll.
"
Grughal wrote:
When you make a claim, the burden of proof falls on you, bro. <3

I'm religious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info