Timeline for New Challenge Leagues, 1.3.0 PvP Update and PvP/Race Seasons

Nice, I was waiting for this, but it came earlier than I expected (the timeline)

Now regarding the exploit:
The differences in ban types seem right too, thanks for confirming that Ghudda is to stay (I actually didnt bother to check all 3 hours of his stream, so I dunno if he crashed it several times, all I saw was him using the totem bug to clear areas and heard he used chaos reroll once to see if it was real).

Wondering just who were the big bad guys. Pity name and shame applies for people permabanned. I would have to check a few top accounts to clarify my suspicions.

"
Jentry wrote:
Ahh man, for a number of reasons it is very difficult for me to play Hardcore.

Is it possible to run both a softcore and hardcore version of the One Week race ?

It is sad when the one week races are only hardcore, I feel like I miss out.

Thanks

VOC

Hmm? its not clarified whether its just one race or there is both a SC and a HC version... or am I too tired to read properly? either way I hope we have both.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Nov 16, 2014, 9:43:56 PM
"
Chris wrote:
"
sherkhan wrote:
Great response.

Curious about timelines, and how long this has been exploited. There are a couple of strangely near-perfect crafts on Rampage that outdo Standard crafts.

Less than a day from what we can see.

I know what you're talking about regarding the Rampage items and I can assure you that that was quietly dealt with a while ago.
I love and respect you Chris

hope you do the right thing with this situation

here is an hint of the right thing to to do
Spoiler
Standard and HC to become legacy perma leagues

and dump new stuff in 2 new perma leagues

And these new league could be " This league has all the flavour mods from all the previous temporary leagues, with the same spawn ratio"

this could be the flavour default leagues could have to different than temp league but not worse... people already love multi-leaguemod event!

by the way, having a 3 weeks of no POE is sad... 3 weeks break between leagues makes me sad panda
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Nov 16, 2014, 9:43:44 PM
"
Chris wrote:
"
lawl0r wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
To address the issue that happened earlier today - we've fixed the exploit that allowed players to reroll items via crashing the servers. Players who abused it heavily will be banned, those that tried it a few of times will be given temporary suspensions. Crashing servers is a serious problem and is illegal in many countries (classed as a denial of service attack!)

Well sorry Chris, but ** **** ********. Unban ghudda and move on. How could anybody know this is a DoS? Players can't know. Bugs happen and I would have expected a rollback, but don't blame this on the players, don't go down that road GGG.

We are well down the road of banning people who cheat or try to crash servers for economic gain.

Ghudda's account isn't over the threshold that would result in a permanent ban, but it'll be included in the set who are temporarily suspended. There's no need to stream exploits to raise awareness of them - we were working on it a few hours before it was streamed. Thanks to those people who wrote in privately before it was public knowledge.

So you're saying Ghudda knew about it before he streamed it? That would indeed be a legitimate reason. Discovering it on steam isn't. Simple as that. Clear communication is key here, i think.
Last edited by lawl0r on Nov 16, 2014, 9:45:48 PM
"
Jentry wrote:
Ahh man, for a number of reasons it is very difficult for me to play Hardcore.

Is it possible to run both a softcore and hardcore version of the One Week race ?

We typically make it so that you still get prizes you've earned if you die in the one week race - so it's worth trying out if you don't normally play hc.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
If I provide evidence that Ghudda got the info on the dupe from several sites including a discarded/ignored Bug report of Gemswitching = Instance crash HERE will the ban be permanent?

Or will it still be advertisement > integrity.
"
Hilbert wrote:
If I provide evidence that Ghudda got the info on the dupe from several sites including a discarded/ignored Bug report of Gemswitching = Instance crash HERE will the ban be permanent?

Our crash logs don't show it being used before today. Can I see the bug report you refer to?
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Looking forward to the new leagues!
I have a question though, when are we awarded challenge credit, like the MTX? Our characters are moved to parent leagues immediately on the 20th or is there some downtime? This is my first set of challenge leagues so I am curious as I want to make sure I don't give up any of those items or delete any characters before it's safe to do so.

edit: It says the 24th for "race rewards" but I imagine that as the Race Season 9 and not the challenge leagues.
Last edited by Shalinoth on Nov 16, 2014, 9:46:20 PM
Just a quick suggestion;

Instead of picking a (seemingly) random timezone to state when events will occur, just always state the time as GMT/UTC. Everyone should know which world tz they live in and quickly deduce the actual event time. You can still pick what time of the day/night itself.

Looking forward to the race and new leagues (tho I hope my RNG is much better next league hehehe).

17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
"
Shalinoth wrote:
Looking forward to the new leagues!
I have a question though, when are we awarded challenge credit, like the MTX? Our characters are moved to parent leagues immediately on the 20th or is there some downtime? This is my first set of challenge leagues so I am curious as I want to make sure I don't give up any of those items or delete any characters before it's safe to do so.

edit: It says the 24th for "race rewards" but I imagine that as the Race Season 9 and not the challenge leagues.

When the league ends we'll take the realm down to move everyone's hideouts over, etc. When it comes back up we'll award the Halo microtransactions and finalise who is getting t-shirts.
"
Hilbert wrote:

If you do that I'm all for permabanning Ghudda. Until then he has the benefit of the doubt.

And for the record, if I sound harsh, that's because I hold GGG to a higher standard than everyone else.
Last edited by lawl0r on Nov 16, 2014, 9:50:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info