Timeline for New Challenge Leagues, 1.3.0 PvP Update and PvP/Race Seasons

The following times are all in the Pacific Timezone (21 hours behind New Zealand).

Thursday November 20 (1pm): Beyond/Rampage challenge leagues end
Thursday November 20 (11pm): Race Season Nine ends
Monday November 24 (3pm?): Prizes awarded for Race Season Nine
Friday November 28 (5pm?): One-week Rampage/Beyond race starts
Friday December 5 (5pm?): One-week Rampage/Beyond race ends
Friday December 12 (5pm?): 1.3.0 Released and new Challenge Leagues start
Monday December 15: PvP Season One and Race Season Ten both start
December 20-21: PvP Season One Swiss Tournament Weekend 1
December 27-28: PvP Season One Swiss Tournament Weekend 2
January 3-4: PvP Season One Swiss Tournament Weekend 3
January 10-11: PvP Season One Swiss Tournament Weekend 4. Race Season Ten ends
January 17-18: PvP Season One Finals Weekend (for victors of the weekend swiss tournaments)
Around Monday January 19: PvP Season Two and Race Season Eleven both start
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
To address the issue that happened earlier today - we've fixed the exploit that allowed players to reroll items via crashing the servers. Players who abused it heavily will be banned, those that tried it a few of times will be given temporary suspensions. Crashing servers is a serious problem and is illegal in many countries (classed as a denial of service attack!)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Nov 16, 2014, 9:21:15 PM
"
lawl0r wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
To address the issue that happened earlier today - we've fixed the exploit that allowed players to reroll items via crashing the servers. Players who abused it heavily will be banned, those that tried it a few of times will be given temporary suspensions. Crashing servers is a serious problem and is illegal in many countries (classed as a denial of service attack!)

Well sorry Chris, but ** **** ********. Unban ghudda and move on. How could anybody know this is a DoS? Players can't know. Bugs happen and I would have expected a rollback, but don't blame this on the players, don't go down that road GGG.

We are well down the road of banning people who cheat or try to crash servers for economic gain.

Ghudda's account isn't over the threshold that would result in a permanent ban, but it'll be included in the set who are temporarily suspended. There's no need to stream exploits to raise awareness of them - we were working on it a few hours before it was streamed. Thanks to those people who wrote in privately before it was public knowledge.
"
dEus__ wrote:
will the one week race be hardcore / softcore only or both?

Probably hardcore and it'll probably have some prizes.
"
sherkhan wrote:
Great response.

Curious about timelines, and how long this has been exploited. There are a couple of strangely near-perfect crafts on Rampage that outdo Standard crafts.

Less than a day from what we can see.

I know what you're talking about regarding the Rampage items and I can assure you that that was quietly dealt with a while ago.
"
Jentry wrote:
Ahh man, for a number of reasons it is very difficult for me to play Hardcore.

Is it possible to run both a softcore and hardcore version of the One Week race ?

We typically make it so that you still get prizes you've earned if you die in the one week race - so it's worth trying out if you don't normally play hc.
"
Hilbert wrote:
If I provide evidence that Ghudda got the info on the dupe from several sites including a discarded/ignored Bug report of Gemswitching = Instance crash HERE will the ban be permanent?

Or will it still be advertisement > integrity.

Our crash logs don't show it being used before today. Can I see the bug report you refer to?
"
Shalinoth wrote:
Looking forward to the new leagues!
I have a question though, when are we awarded challenge credit, like the MTX? Our characters are moved to parent leagues immediately on the 20th or is there some downtime? This is my first set of challenge leagues so I am curious as I want to make sure I don't give up any of those items or delete any characters before it's safe to do so.

edit: It says the 24th for "race rewards" but I imagine that as the Race Season 9 and not the challenge leagues.

When the league ends we'll take the realm down to move everyone's hideouts over, etc. When it comes back up we'll award the Halo microtransactions and finalise who is getting t-shirts.
"
ilenoc wrote:
Can we also get a date on when the temporary leagues will merge to standard? I want to continue with my current character and dont want to reroll a new one for some time. Thanks

That merge is at the end of the week when the temporary leagues end - is that what you meant?
"
Toofi wrote:
I can't play the tournament in the 20th and 21th december... Will it be already over for me, when I come back, lacking of two days of points, compared to other players?

Winners from each tournament get into the finals, and there are plenty of weekday events to get points in also, so missing a weekend is totally fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info