Vaal Fragment Changes in 1.2.4d

Great idea: Instead of just buying a random fragment, i can now instead spend the same currency on vaaling a map (which might make the map impossible to beat for my build) and hope to get a fragment from the boss! /sarcasm

This announcement is a very big disappointment! First you build up hopes by explaining at length that you understand the problem and then finish with saying that you "solution" to this is to give us the possibility to spend an orb that already is much too rare for a chance(!) at getting a fragment that is worth less than that orb even now before you "solve" the fragment problem?!

Whats next? "Trade System change in 1.2.4e" with a big wall of text and the final sentence saying that there is now a link to poe.trade on the website? -.-
Last edited by malvar on Nov 10, 2014, 9:11:30 AM
To grind or not to grind, that's the question.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
You could allow CZ to spawn in maps but never drop a midnight. No free atziri runs there,we would still have to run the fragments to have a chance to drop a midnight.

All good solutions. But some of you guys don't realize that the reasoning stated in OP is only partially true.

The real reason to keep the system as is now, is to maintain that pseudo economy pyramid thing. Common peasants running Docks, selling sacs to middle class running normal Atziri, selling hopes to tradecore moguls running Uber.

Your (and mine and many other peoples) suggestion would make the middle class self sufficient, and the poor peasant caste would loose the job and die in poverty... just think about the children, please -_-
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
If we had them drop while players were running regular maps then they'd merely stockpile them and occasionally get some free Atziri runs out of their existing play.

I just want to repost this.

Because I'm fucking lost for words and for hope (no pun)

Free repost (wtf?)

More repost.

Because grinding Docks/Ledge/Tidal/Climb for corrupted zone is less boring n repetitive than running maps. WhatTheFrag?!
To grind or not to grind, that's the question.
This change is genious! i love it GGG.

I was so bored of spamming docks until i got corrupted area so i just stopped doing it since i find doing maps a lot more rewarding and interesting so this change is huge for me. Thanks!
IGN: Mablet
Region: Europe
Looks to me like a solution in search of a problem. GGG wanted people corrupting high maps more so they do this.

There's no way anyone who put even a couple minutes thought into this could actually believe it would alleviate the tedious and unrewarding process of fragment acquisition, is there?
"
"In update 1.2.4d, bosses of corrupted Maps have a high chance to drop a Vaal Fragment or Vaal Skill Gem. This change works extremely well in testing. It encourages people to play corrupted Maps which are a lot more random and fun due to their crazy eight mods or through being unidentified. It also makes the dual-boss Map mod a lot more exciting."

I would also recommend increasing the drop rates of Vall Orbs in Corrupted Caps. Just as Maps are (usually) self-sustainable, so should be Corrupted Maps.
"
morbo wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:
You could allow CZ to spawn in maps but never drop a midnight. No free atziri runs there,we would still have to run the fragments to have a chance to drop a midnight.

All good solutions. But some of you guys don't realize that the reasoning stated in OP is only partially true.

The real reason to keep the system as is now, is to maintain that pseudo economy pyramid thing. Common peasants running Docks, selling sacs to middle class running normal Atziri, selling hopes to tradecore moguls running Uber.

Your (and mine and many other peoples) suggestion would make the middle class self sufficient, and the poor peasant caste would loose the job and die in poverty... just think about the children, please -_-

Agreed. Some people like to farm docks forever for CZ. I have spent more than 30 ex buying sets-running atziri and no hope. (pun intended)
So what happens now with this change? Nothing. I can't vaal 70s for a fragment (no exp).
I can't vaal 77's for fragments (can't play all mods)
Only people who already vaal maps (op people) can get this bonus and I don't think they really care about a fragment.
I don't understand how anyone from the pyramid you describe can make "profit" from this change. It will be like it never happened.
This patch is totally nosense.

Do you know why all the people want to do Atziri? Because of the Uber-Atziri Frag.
And why all want Uber-Frag? Because of Acuity.

That's because GGG nerf all that you can see in this game and now almoast all make crit-build, but with crit build you die because reflect. Now you understand because all want Acuity and why there are so many Atziri runners.

Make drop Acuity at normal Atziri and problem solved.
With this patch you dont fix anything.
Chris, you've missed the fact that Vaal orbs are way too rare and precious now for people to want to use them in maps.

I think this change will barely matter, though it is a very welcome one.

EDIT: I forgot cartos, good call! Still wish vaal orbs were more common.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Nov 10, 2014, 4:22:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info