Moiraine: Life-based SRS specialized for uber

"
CptKirk wrote:
"
Potential Tree (scrap the voyage to RT if we can't stick the Selfless Leadership jewel there)

Where did you get the app for the new skill tree? I didn't think one was out yet.

https://github.com/ccbrown/poe-tree-json-generator/releases
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Can I make this into a MF build for farming dominus mostly?
why do you use elemental equilibrum?
>why do you use elemental equilibrum?

Spirits do fire and cold damage. If we lower enemy res with lightning, spirits will do more dmg.

>Can I make this into a MF build for farming dominus mostly?

Yes, check out this video of me doing a full dominus run in a tabula, wheel of the stormsail, and other MF gear.

The point of this thread is to discuss how to best do uber with SRS though. I have another thread in this forum with lots of information about normal SRS.

The thing that concerns me the most concerning the incoming expansion is how we are going to use our buffs without sacrificing too many skillpoints. The changes to reduced mana in combination with rework of EB will probably mean that we either have to get more mana/mana regen on gear (=expensive) or pick up some more mana and/or aura nodes to fit all of our auras in there. Have you done any math on that yet?
"
nazgulcruore wrote:
The thing that concerns me the most concerning the incoming expansion is how we are going to use our buffs without sacrificing too many skillpoints. The changes to reduced mana in combination with rework of EB will probably mean that we either have to get more mana/mana regen on gear (=expensive) or pick up some more mana and/or aura nodes to fit all of our auras in there. Have you done any math on that yet?

I don't know the details on changes to reservation or EB, but would love to get a link.

Edit: cb.poedb.tw/us/ is a good source.

To summarize for those who don't know:
1. EB now makes ES used before mana; it isn't simply converted into mana. This makes EB useless imo since we have to wait for ES recharge...
2. Hatred and Haste are now 50% auras, Discipline is 35%, and L20 clarity is 280 mana. Purity of Elements is 35%, and it looks like purity of fire doesn't give +max res any more.

If we want to run 2 50%s auras and clarity, have 150 free mana from 1000 Mana we need 850=(1000*0.5*2+280)*M, or M = 850/1280 = .66 or 34% reduced reservation. With 1200 Mana we need 1050=(1200*0.5*2+280)*M or M = 1050/1480 = 0.71 or 29% reduced reservation. Basically we need to take all the aura reservation nodes we can find (22%) and wear alphas for 30% total. Without alpha's we can grab Charisma for 34% reservation. Seems like ideally we want to wear Alpha's because the trek to charisma kind of sucks, but without Alpha's we do have to get it.

Last edited by MatrixFactor on May 25, 2015, 3:47:57 AM
I made a spreadsheet to help us calculate how much mana we'd have (based on int, %mana from tree, +mana from tree and gear), and how much free mana we'd have. I also put in mana reg with the new clarity.

Hi I love this build and I really appreciate the update with 1.4 incoming. Thank you
Where did you get the info that PoF won't grant additional fire res anymore? The database you posted certainly stats otherwise.
Concerning mana reservation: There's a unique jewel that grants 2% reduced mana reserved (limited to one): http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Conqueror%27s_Efficiency
This jewel should be perfect for this build, so I guess we'd pick that one up whether we'd need it or not.
There's also an aura calculator for beta: https://poe.mikelat.com/beta/#PYG4pw/HOt0zb

Skill tree suggestion:http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAecD7gQHCPQOXBRNFm8XLxiRGYoaOBqPHNwdFB2qHb4i9CSwJwsnLyj6L28zhzWSNug6WD8nQYdCo0V-RZ1GcUrITLNTUlXGVdZXK1ivWW1Z81qRXypfmF-wYVJk52aeakNqrGr6a9tsC20ZbqpvO2-ecLtyD3gNfRh_xoCkgseDCYO2g9uExYZghtGHKY8aj0aQVZMnmuCboZu1n8uhL6cIpzCofalurJi0DLXytz64k7yfvOq9gr6KwBrAVMHFwzrKSsrTzzLT-9i92RPfiuGI42rpAuvk6-7sGOyK70722vfX-ej60vsJ_Ev-Cv6z

This tree would allow us to run lvl21 clarity, PoF, haste and hatred at 1200 without having to rely on alpha's howl (with lvl3 enlighten). Wearing Alpha's howl we could skip enlighten altogether which would free up 2 valuable socket slots for curses or additional vaal haste gems / lightning warp linked to reduced duration / etc. (also a lot more viable in new leagues)

I took a look at your spreadsheet; have you included the option to use enlighten because I did not notice it?

Also worth mentioning: AFAIK GGG is still planning on reworking arctic armor somehow, couldn't find any specifics on it yet though.
Last edited by nazgulcruore on May 30, 2015, 12:17:00 AM
EDIT: Sorry bumped the wrong thread.
Last edited by Kunagisa on Jul 11, 2015, 8:46:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info