Season Nine, Event 61: One Hour Endless Ledge

again golems ribbons and bears on late zones with zero blues. these shitexp mobs should just be removed from game

Rank 11, 5th shadow. The coral amulet played a huge part, with the life gain on kill, as well as the coral ring with mana on kill. I opted to go for the crit nodes this time instead of getting the trap nodes earlier since i found a +1 knife, and it worked out pretty well, especially since i never found a +1 fire. The conductivity drop didn't help as much as you think it would, since most blue packs would be dead in one tendril cast regardless, so casting conductivity would just be a waste. It helped out a lot on resist ele packs and killing rare mobs and bosses though.

I also got decent flask rng. Overall this was a solid race rng wise, unfortunately i had to log twice, once to perpetus at 16 because i got bear trapped, and again to perpetus at 30 because of a bear trap. So hard to see him when hes inside those huge packs, and i always forget about him :(

PS: I never saw dischargers!
Last edited by Sinew2 on Nov 7, 2014, 10:09:42 PM

Hit 25 but felt like I should have done better. Never got this far before so I was treading a bit lightly. Knew I should have been pushing forward instead of back when I hit a hard pack, especially with the coral amy, but easier said than done.

First time playing with lightning tendrils and thorns hurts, definitely running past those as much as possible. Played templar which felt pretty good for life and damage balance.
It was pretty ok, started out 10 mins late lol.

Well this was officially my best race ever, I smashed my previous record of 22,9 (templar) with 25,2 as scion.

But any top racer with my RNG in this race would have won this I think, it was really insane.
2 alchs dropped before level 8 or something, one gave me movement speed boots + fire/lightning res.
Then Araku Tiki dropped, like ok wtf :D
Some transmute gave me +1 lightning skills on sceptre with cast speed augment, I had to chrome it twice though (yeah also 2 chroms early on). Next transmute, spirit shield with + 1 fire skill.
Took a while for my coral rings to drop but the first two that did were +29 life. One alched got me nice one as well. First leather belt transmute, res and + life...
Also for lollers a GCP dropped.
And I actually only had one very bad zone and it was the last one (had to log once in a hasted pack of dischargers and leapers) and almost every rare had haste or substantial phys aura as well in that zone. I had some devs and dischargers before but never in bad combos. I'm always so happy I don't encounter arcers in first zones, but didn't even see one all race.
I had so many juicy blue packs of innocent mobs I think I should have skipped more and could probably have made 26 or even 27 with my casual skills.
Only think that didn't drop were large life flasks but actually I just skipped them to great life ones ast enough.

In all excitement I forgot to augment quite a lot ..

I think from now on every other EL I'll ever do will be worse RNG for sure, that weird feeling ! Top 100, 10th scion, 12 points, I never had more in a race and I'm quite sure I won't break it soon ...

Last edited by leto2626 on Nov 7, 2014, 10:34:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info