Melbourne Fan Meetup Recap and Photos

The PAX Australia convention was held in downtown Melbourne this year. Due to some luck, our hotel was extremely close by. We decided to meet up with the community on Saturday evening in a park near our hotel, so that we could wait for everyone to arrive and then pick a location.

At these meetups we typically try to find a nearby bar with room for 35-45 people. This occasionally takes some time, but thankfully the first one we tried had room for us. I tried to take a few photos, but didn't do a very good job. Here's a relatively dark photo of some of the community members after we first arrived. Later on, and many drinks later, I took another with flash.

One of the attendees was Charan, a Ruler of Wraeclast supporter. The monster that he helped design (the Plummeting Ursa) was added to the game recently, and one of the perks of that pack is a sculpture of the monster created by our community member Jazzo. We presented him with his sculpture at the meetup. It's difficult to see from the photo, but the sculpture is insanely detailed and absolutely amazing. I wish I had taken some close-up photos before handing it over - Charan may be able to provide some though.

As the evening progressed and questions about Rhoa Feathers continued to go unanswered, we ended up at another bar. The community made a concerted effort to get me and Erik drunk, which worked, but thankfully didn't yield much unannounced information!

We had a great time at the meetup and are really looking forward to hosting many more in the future. We try hard to have one in each city that we visit for promotional (or vacation) reasons and are planning a New Zealand one in the coming months. It's about time, right?
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
sick!

E: here you go Chris

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Nov 2, 2014, 2:51:51 PM
crazy !
IGN TylordRampage
First page

Hehee, achievement completed :)

Last edited by Kingoko on Nov 2, 2014, 2:39:19 PM
Looks like I missed out on a lot of fun!
looks like a fun time
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
Wish I wouldve posted before reading I'd be second!

EDIT: Hey first page! I'll take it!
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
Last edited by ThorOtheBIG on Nov 2, 2014, 2:41:46 PM
No stuff about leaked infos i saw on reddit , so you did a good job hiding leaks.
Do you guys plan on coming to germany any time? that would be amazing :P
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
Last edited by Milani on Nov 2, 2014, 2:47:25 PM
Cool =D

Ursa sculpture looks amazing.

Sooo... When are you coming to Paris ?

Edit : First page... Hi mom, hi dad !
Last edited by Onirinaute on Nov 2, 2014, 2:52:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info