"Fire and Chaos" -Ether's Wings of Entropy Cycloner [1.3] New Skill Tree Updated!

This build is now dead unless you can afford multiple legacy items in standard.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
I have legacy (guess now it's uber-legacy) BoR and legacy WoE. With 4% amu and ALL passives for block and no acrobatics i will have 73% of block. So there's now way to get 75% block. No items or builds will help you. GGG said on twitch that "max block is now harder to achieve, but it's still posible". Well, they where wrong. It's implosible.
BTW taking all pissives for block will cost u 75 skill points. No passives on dmg/life/res or smg else is taken here.
Lets see some numbers. I had 26% chance to evade, 75% block and 40/30% dodge from acrobatics. So it was 11,1% chance to get hit, or 18,5% with no acrobatics.
Now it will be 21,7% with theoretical max block (4%amu+lagacy BoR/WoE+all passives) and acrobatics, or 19,98% with no acrobatics.
If u will get 70% block chance to get hit (with me evade chance) will be 22,6% with no acrobatics or 22,2% with it. That is the point when acrobatics starts giving u some profit. If u have <70% block (and i'm shure u will).
U told smg about 50% block chance. 37% to get hit with no acrobatics, 28,8% with it. 28,8=37/1,3. So acro is good here.
And the last one. If u have all legacy's and 4% amu u will have 44% to block (no passives). 41,4% to get hit with no acrobatics and 30,7% with it.
Boris "The Blade" Yurinov aka Boris the Bullet Dodger is dead now, as it looks for me.
Well, i hope this will help someone somehow.
P.S. Sry for my english, i hope that it's not too bad.
Last edited by agarwean on Dec 13, 2014, 1:31:29 PM
What if we will use Sentari's Answer shield? Not DW, no WoE, but he gives us 25% of Block Chance applied to Spells and 30% chance to block. So it's realy easy to get 73% block with no legacy.
With axe for about 1-2ex (250+pDPS with 350+ DPS, just like WoE) we will have the same dmg (+/- 5% i had 272% inc phys dmg, now i have 270%, since 1st axe for 1ex that i sow on poe.xyz had 300pDPS - 50 more then WoE dps will be better), same life (i had 184% inc hp and now i have 183%, but i had +1185 hp from str+tree an d now it's +1267)
Build is smg like http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBBIcFLQY5CTMM9w3NFCAVIBXsGbQaOBo-HM4e3ySLJy8qTStQLOkvzDGeMk41kjXWPC09Dz38PydAoEUKR35KyE3jT1ZQR1FgVw1YY1nzXhNfP2BLYuxlTW6qcql07XaseTl673zZfuKCB4LkhNmE74zPj5mQVZkrns2mV6mVrKqsr62Nsz-18raKtz65Hb02vYG-p768wBrAv8GCxBXE9sauypDK089-0TbSIdi92WHiLORR6dXqGO8O8i_yQfMG9Mb2SPcy-6r-Cv5U_o8=

This is my build for facebreaker, so we can take here some more nodes for axes (or whatever u want to use, mb for swords, and take slashing comeback).
Last edited by agarwean on Dec 18, 2014, 3:21:24 PM
Well, I'm a bit busy for a few days, I'll take a look. However the thing is, that your idea would be an entirely different build. If you want to develop it then feel free to post it on the forums.

The woe BoR is not dead, just a bit nerfed. Maybe someday I'll get back to it.

Finally, to get a one hander to perform at the WoE level of dps you would need around 400 pdps, due to the insane more damage and attack speed provided by dual wielding .

This is a buff
About another build - there can be some questions about what this (WoE+BoR) build is. Mb it's about finding a way to use WoE, mb it's about get 100% block chance applied to spells and as much block as we can. I'm not going to argue about it - it depends from a person who usese this build. He can think whatever he wants.

About dps - yes, my bad. Thought that dual wielding gives increased as and apd, while it gives more as and apd. So to do same dps as WoE u will ned weapon for around 8 ex.
Last edited by agarwean on Dec 20, 2014, 11:11:54 AM
I have much love for original Ogrec build but it simply cannot be done with 1.3 passives and stuff.

If one still remembers - Ogrec had a "more survivability" version of the build with acrobatics and phase acrobatics. There's also evasion, Ondals etc.

Keeping above in mind, I managed to compose a new tree for WoE + BoR duelist. Consider:

Tested it on 2 different chars for about 4 hours with both cleave and dual strike and it works fine. Did not test it on Atziri yet but I've done some 72-78 mapping. Tanking projectiles feels almost the same as it was before the nerf. Standing in the crowd is not as it was before, yet seems to feel pretty safe.

There's tons of resists from the tree - no need to run any resistance aura - there's room for something different. Currently I'm running HoA + Hatred + Ele Prolif. Still, as it is, it works good. I'm sitting at 4,2k life, 41% block (legacy items), 40% spell block, 25% evade, 40% dodge, 50% projectile dodge, 30% spell dodge, 28k dual strike dps, 41k cleave (conc effect), 26k cleave (inc aof).

It's lvl 88 tree. With more points I would go for barbarism to increase life pool further. There's also a different route to ranger starting area at a cost of 1 more point if u plan to grab Thick Skin life cluster.

In therms of more DPS there's Hatchet Master, Duality clusters and a 2h Weapon cluster at the bottom, left from Dual Wield DMG cluster.

-----------------------

Math for geeks:

Spoiler
With original "more dps" version with just block and evasion (assuming around 18% chance to evade) you had:

75% chance to block, 18% chance to evade, meaning you had: 20,5% chance to get hit from melee attack and projectile.

74% chance to block spells, meaning you had: 26% chance to get hit by a spell.

With original "more survivability" version you had:

75% chance to block, 18% chance to evade, 40% to dodge attacks, meaning you had: 12,3% chance to get hit from melee attack and projectile.

74% chance to block spells, 30% spell dodge, meaning you had: 18,2% chance to get hit by a spell.

With tree above you will have (considering legacy gear):

41% chance to block, 25% chance to evade, 40% to dodge attacks, meaning you'll have: 26% chance to get hit.

41% chance to block, 50% chance to evade projectiles, 40% to dodge attacks, meaning you'll have: 17,6% chance to get hit by a projectile.

40% chance to block spells, 30% to dodge spell dmg, meaning you'll have: 41,5% chance to get hit by a spell.

Non legacy items:

34% chance to block, 25% chance to evade, 40% to dodge attacks, meaning you'll have: 30% chance to get hit.

34% chance to block, 25% chance to evade projectiles, 40% to dodge attacks, meaning you'll have: 20% chance to get hit by a projectile.

32% chance to block spells, 30% to dodge spell dmg, meaning you'll have: 47% chance to get hit by a spell.

Conclusion:

Spell dmg is where it hurts the most. Difference between legacy and non legacy items is not that significant.

Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Dec 30, 2014, 4:42:59 PM
@RicoKGB your math is wrong. Cause ur 59% chance to block is 41% chance to block. Cause u took acrobaticks.
Hi guys, sorry for not updating for 1.3. I do have a skill tree which honestly think is best for this build now. I have put it on the front page.

A short summary of the major stats(110 point tree):
-483% increased phys damage (pretty huge, yeah) + 26% increased main hand damage
-87% increased attack speed (might get more) + 20% increased off hand attack speed
-187% increased maximum life (about 5k life in endgame)
-9% increased block chance (55% chance to block with corrupted lazwhar)
-4.8% regen/second

We could get a lot more block, but guys, it really isn't worth the loss in dps and life. I find 5k life to be minimum. And we will be getting way more dps than in 1.2. Previously we got like 50k dps on cleave and 25k on cyclone. Now I think 80k dps on cleave is far more probable. No idea about cyclone due to skill changes. I can't really say because I am not playing this build currently and I wasted my respec for a different build that didn't really work. I'm also really poor and don't have the free time to play more grind up some currency for regrets.

Still, just from pure stats, this is the best tree I could come up with. Ogrec also expressed his approval when I sent him a pm. It would be nice if someone could try out the tree and give us their stats.

@RicoKGB
That's a good attempt but there are a few things wrong with your tree:
-162% life and 3% regen are just not enough.
-Due to acro your block will be greatly reduced.
-Your tree has 44% attack speed (nearly half of mine) and 267% increased damage (again nearly half). -Is the increase in block(not counting acro) really worth the loss of sooo much damage and life?
-You get a lot of resist nodes on the tree. This really isn't a good idea. Resist can be capped on gear, even without purity of elements. Its far better to put those points in life and dps.

This is a buff
Yeah, it seems I've completely missed 30% block reduction part from acro. It wasn't there before patch.

Without acro and phase acro (25% evasion + Ondals):

Chance to get hit: 30%
Chance to get hit by a projectile: 20%
Chance to get hit by a spell: 42%

With acro and phase acro (25% evasion, Ondals, 30% block reduction):

Chance to get hit: 26,4%
Chance to get hit by a projectile: 17,6%
Chance to get hit by a spell: 41,5%

Now looks like ~3% more survivability is not worth 6 points spent on acro / phase acro.
Thx for pointing that out.
Updated post aboc.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Dec 30, 2014, 5:02:44 PM
I'm trying to build something along these lines. Do you think that Stone of Lazhawar is still a viable option over a strong rare amulet? Just wondering if the spell block is really worth going for since the rest of the amulet is pretty lackluster. Thanks
IGN: BusinessCasual

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info