[2.0] SuperNova - whole screen 137K DPS Ice Nova | Atziri ez GGG featured

I tried your build with enthusiasm.
I was disappointed. (on Standard though)
It is squishy, has no real defenses (besides LC with 4 off colors) and Vaal Pact just simply sucks.
I hope the build gets refined and playable soon.
See my stats: http://poestatistics.com/users/wiraqucha/
Seems not updated for whatever reason: http://exilestats.com/account.php?id=265406
Discontinued profile: http://exilestats.com/account.php?id=40468
"
Wiraqucha wrote:
I tried your build with enthusiasm.
I was disappointed. (on Standard though)
It is squishy, has no real defenses (besides LC with 4 off colors) and Vaal Pact just simply sucks.
I hope the build gets refined and playable soon.

Link gear I dont believe for one second you tried it or you're just aweful. Videos speak for themselves. Atziri easy. Will do uber when I hit stand.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 20, 2014, 2:05:17 PM
Wiraquacha... That was... the worst & most non-supportive post I've ever read on this forum. Many would try and start a D3 vs PoE subject given the teori that they believe only children play D3 and have gone over to PoE with time. HOWEVER. The important is: You're message didn't improve the build, didn't relate to strength & weaknesses compared to other builds. You're message didn't do anything else than make people angry at your post and may over time (given you continue your attitude towards others work get you bashed in this community and life itself.)

I will ofc' wish you the best of luck in life & games etc. But most importantly thank the creator of the build (since I love playing it - but ain't high enough yet to comment on it) Asked earlier about dual wield vs two-hand and got my answar. So all in all: I'm satisfied.
Made a couple changes when I got to STD.

Got rid of CWDT set up. It's not really needed with Lightning coil with over max lightning resistance. Run 24 AA. and double cursing now so owning reflect maps no issue with 7.8% Warlords automatic curse and 8.8% LL gems in PoH. Simply warp in their faces no pots and no self cast needed. On top of that you always have 3 endurance charges so all phys damage reduced 12%. Combined with 36% from Lightning coil is 48% physical damage reduction.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 21, 2014, 1:09:10 AM
Yo, it is me again. I try a bit of Lightning Coil build but using conc. effect, didn't like the play of it though it feel much tankier. (Clear speed is affected by smaller radius, but i love Conc. effect for damage and 15% reduced mana cost when 20q)

So i will try my idea of carcass again this time with a 20/20 Warlock mark, lv3 empower & lv21 AA.

As for boss fight, i will swap to (didn't like arctic breath for its mechanics and lag problems)
Ice spear, lmp, PCoC, cold pen, Faster Casting, Lifeleech.

Gear

For Atziri

Tree
http://poeurl.com/y5INUXB

Stats
hp4653
mana 479/3711
ice nova 22681/29081
ice spear(lmp) 13006/18178

Tiny mechanics discovered, if placing Warlord's mark before in 6link (cast in clockwise), any new curse will replace Warlord's mark instead of Assassin's mark.(Since the build depends on Assassin's mark for power charges, i place Warlord's mark first)

PS. bump into one guy trying to play this build, he didn't recognize me even he is using Carcass Jack :(

New Updates
Down Normal Atziri with ice spear using carcass jack build without a single death, using only 2 portals. I encounter several close to death situation.
Some problems encounter doing whole run are flask charges and mana issue.(AA Drain and 6L pledge drains crazy amount of mana). If i apply warlord's mark on bosses it will be fine though.
Last edited by MinaGing on Nov 23, 2014, 1:09:09 PM
I think I have finalized the build after some testing, fixed the mana problem. (need around 68% mana regen on Jewelry to resolve oom problem)

Gem Setup
Vertex(+1) 20/20 Arctic Armour - 3/0Empower - 20/0 Clarity - 20/0 Reduced Mana
Reason

lv24 Arctic Armour additional 90 phy/fire dmg reduction. It is better if you have 21/20 Arctic Armour.
lv24 Clarity for sustaining mobile inner force AA drain and faster regen to avoid awkward moment you can't warp out because out of mana. Putting clarity here really make a huge difference.
Reduced Mana for a larger mana unreserved 440->790. Allow moving with AA and not oom even when you spam spell for a while.

Gloves 20/20 HoT - 20/20 PoI - 20/20 HoI - 20/0 Reduced Mana

Windscream 10/0 CwDT - 10/20 Immortal Call - 11/0 Enduring Cry - 20/20 Inc. Duration
Reason

Immortal Call needs to be in front of enduring cry since it has a longer cast time.
This setup helps you survive huge hit of physical damage which can't mitigate by AA.
Enduring cry do not need any quality. Since we have carcass jack and increase skill radius nodes.

Pledge of Hands
20/20 Ice Nova - 20/20 Conc Effect - 20/20 Added Cold - 20/20 Cold Pen. - 20/20 F.Cast - 20/0 L.Leech

Carcass Jack
20/20 L.Warp - 20/20 Red. Duration - 20/20 Inc. AOE - 20/20 CoH - 20/20 Ass Mark - 20/20 War Mark

(optional) Vaal Grace in unset ring.

When in party or fighting boss that i want to fight with range, i do the gems swap below.
Ice Nova -> 20/20 Ice Spear
Conc Effect -> 20/20 Power Charge on Critical
Added Cold -> 20/20 Lesser Multiple Projectile
(optional) Ass Mark -> 20/20 Enfeeble or 20/20 Frostbite or 20/20 Ele Weakness. Since power charges are generated by PCoC.
(optional) Inc AOE -> 20/0 Arc (best if 21/0 Arc) for cursing enemies.
Last edited by MinaGing on Nov 23, 2014, 12:55:41 PM
Well managed to get dual voids, still stuck with a 5l carcass tho, will replace it tommorow or the day after with a 6l.

Gems are still not entirely leveled so dmg will increase.

I did the tests with:

2x Divinarius Imperial Skean ( 40/66-7/99/10/5/10 stats )
2x Void battery ( kinda shit roll versions, still have to divine them someday )

first:
19% spelldmg
80% reduced spelldmg
17% cast speed
58% crit strike chance
+41 mana
1 maximum power charge
25 increased spell damage per power charge

second:
20% spelldmg
80% reduced spelldmg
15% cast speed
61% crit strike chance
+40 mana
1 maximum power charge
25 increased spell damage per power charge

Testing glacial cascade 20/20 and ice nova 20/20 with the following links: ( added chaos dmg, increase critical damage, concentrated effect, spell echo. ) ( 6th link will be increased area effect for more range ( not really needed as i have all nodes already tho )

Glacial Cascade with 2 Divinarius Imperial Skean:

Glacial Cascade with 2x Void Battery's:

Ice nova with 2 Divinarius Imperial Skean:

Ice nova with 2x Void Battery's:

"
Sn1p3r wrote:

What is your tree and gear? Why is your life so low? Defense screens?

It's basically my farm char, where i use ice nova with. I came past this build and i wanted to see what potentional such build would have dps wise. So i'm currently busy with buying items for a proper build with life on it.

The low life in the screenshots come from no hp nodes ( as my farm char only has mana nodes / increased area nodes / crit nodes / cast speed nodes ( i have no spelldmg/elemental dmg/ cold dmg increase nodes taken at all ( besides the start as you actually need to go through it to do anything at all ). It has fire resistance otherwise not much at all, the build is crap, but i can make it a functional build with solid hp without dropping in dps, as i have atleast 10 nodes wasted in runspeed / dex / str increase solutions that i won't need with solid gear at all, and i can drop a few mana regen on the way. Which won't effect my dps at all but gives me with a few more levels like 20 nodes to push into health solutions. with life gear on my armour, the hp pool will increase dramatically.

Reason for this is because i have quantity gear + rarity gear on, 100+/300. Which gives no hp or anything useful really.

Anyway, as i cant find somebody willing to sell a good rol carcass jack 6l atm. I did some further testing before i head of to bed with a tabula ( to see 6l dmg, keep in mind that 12% area dmg of carcass jack is gone now, so the dmg will even be higher, i will post these results when i got my hands on a good carcass jack later on ).

Both are taking with dual void, as i don't have much time to test it with the other setup.

Ice nova with tabula:

Glacial cascade with tabula:

The 12% area dmg will be interesting to see how that will effect both skills in the dmg solution.

I think 100k isn't really going to be hard to hit with ice nova it seems.

Last edited by GATYGUN on Nov 23, 2014, 10:09:28 PM
GATYGUN can you link your tree, gear and your plans for gem setup for your build.
I think GATYGUN is supported by Haste aura and has +cast speed on jewelery or some frenzy charges, cant explain the huge cast speed increase otherwise.

With all reachable nodes (the +3% nodes in the scion start area are not taken into consideration) and Alira cruel (+96%), the Voids (+32%), a Haste with increased effect of auras (~25%) and some frenzy charges or cast speed on jewelery (assuming 25%) you can reach: 1 + 0.96 + 0.32 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 2.78 multiplied with 1.69 (lvl20 spell echo)

=> 4.6982 , means a value in the character sheet of +370%

Thats around the value you can see in GATYGUNS screenshot. I don't know how to reach such values without using every node and Haste aura. Sure you have some crazy dps but I don't believe you can get good survivability. I really like to see the tree he is using for this dps, maybe he found a great path and has nice defense aswell.

Im leveling one myself right now and its a really nice character, brings lots of fun. Diffenrence is I dont plan using PoH but rather dualwielding some nice wands or daggers. With 2 Wands granting 40% cast speed you almost can compensate one faster casting and thus a gem slot. But with good weapons the gain is huge: around 190% crit chance, +50% spell dmg, maybe something like mana reg or crit multiplier. I will see whether its a viable substitution :).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info