Vorici Chromatic Calculator (Updated October 30, 2014)

"
Aaberd wrote:
The tool seems to be a little off unless this can be explained. To better explain what I have found I'll just use an example. When looking at a 4 socket item with a stat requirement your tool will calculate what is the best vorici craft to use; however, if I then add in the crafted mod manually the calculated results for the 3 socket does not match the calculated results for 4 socket with 1 color guaranteed.

Here is the specific values I used:
4 socket item requiring 70 dex and desired colors are RRGB
4 socket with Vorici craft of 1R is and avg cost of 67.2 chroms

If I then input the item as a 3 socket requiring 70 dex with desired colors of RGB the average chance to get the color combination is 12.7. This ends up equaling 50.8 chroms.

Following the Data which the calculator was based on, each socket is rolled independently of each other. so a 4 socket RRGB 1R guaranteed Vorichi craft should equal a 3 socket RGB craft (accounting for Vorichi craft cost) on an item with equal stat requirements.

Unless I am missing something these calculations on your program seem a little off.
Good question! Check the "Drop Rate" row instead of the "Chromatic" row. Chromatic orbs have the property that they can't roll the same color permutation twice, which makes them more likely to end up at the color combo you want (assuming you start at a random undesired color combo). For example, for a RRG prophecy wand (245 int), my calculator gives a 0.36474% chance for 1R Vorici versus a 0.36474% drop rate for a 2s RG wand.

If you find that the drop rate is off, too, then there's a problem.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, didn't notice this had new posts.

However, there's some troubling developments!
From gathering 2,200 items worth of data myself, it seems like Lawphill's formula (which I use) isn't the whole story. It seems like ilevel or the base item have an effect on off color chance, with higher base items having a higher off color chance constant than lower items. It seems initially like Lawphill's X is 9 + (ilevel/10) rather than simply 12 or whatever, but I'm going to make sure it's ACTUALLY ilevel that does it, before I update the calculator.
It will always be cheaper to buy an item than it will be to craft it. That's because if it weren't, people would simply be getting rich crafting stuff. Only way that could happen is if you have access to crafting options that other players don't have.
Updated! Major update with a new formula and everything. You'll get the same results as before for ilevels 35-41, easier off-colors above that, and easier on-colors below that.
Last edited by Siveran on Oct 28, 2014, 2:50:11 AM
Ah, the calculator I've always needed. It would've been nice to have had this a few weeks ago when I was trying to RRRG my friend's Alpha's Howl, but it turns out that I made the right choice anyways by using Vorici's 2R combo to get it. I was considering the 3R one, but 285 seemed a bit steep considering I could have 11 trys with 2R for that price. Turns out I was right, and it's nice to see it confirmed by data and your calculator.

Still, instead of the 6.8 average, I'm pretty sure it took me at least 15 trys to get RRRG with 2R. Normally this would have sucked, but I somehow managed to get two much rarer combos (RRRB & RRBB) during my attempts, which I was able to sell to cover the chrom costs and even make a nice profit. So it ended up being a win-win for my friend and I.

Anyways, I glanced at your GitHub page and I have to say, I love that dragon avatar you have. Then again, I love anything that involves dragons, so no surprise there!
"
Meridin wrote:
Ah, the calculator I've always needed. It would've been nice to have had this a few weeks ago when I was trying to RRRG my friend's Alpha's Howl, but it turns out that I made the right choice anyways by using Vorici's 2R combo to get it. I was considering the 3R one, but 285 seemed a bit steep considering I could have 11 trys with 2R for that price. Turns out I was right, and it's nice to see it confirmed by data and your calculator.

Still, instead of the 6.8 average, I'm pretty sure it took me at least 15 trys to get RRRG with 2R. Normally this would have sucked, but I somehow managed to get two much rarer combos (RRRB & RRBB) during my attempts, which I was able to sell to cover the chrom costs and even make a nice profit. So it ended up being a win-win for my friend and I.

Anyways, I glanced at your GitHub page and I have to say, I love that dragon avatar you have. Then again, I love anything that involves dragons, so no surprise there!
Ouch :( At least you managed to sell the rare ones!

Also thanks, I drew that! You can see it here (wow I haven't updated my dA in forever).
Updated! 3000 more items worth of data helped a lot. X = 2 * sqrt(ilvl) fits better than X = 7 + ilevel / 7, though they are very similar for middling to high ilevels. The biggest thing was that the off-color occurrence rate for super low ilevels was consistently lower than expected, and this accounts for that.

edit: Reverted. While it fit amazingly for the ilevels 15+ that I had data for, separate testing on ilevel 3's showed that this was probably not right.

edit 2: Found better equation that doesn't involve ilevel (since data seems to show that ilevel wasn't directly involved). I now use X = 22 for all items, and add 32 to single-stat requirements. For example, Maligaro's has a dex requirement of 23; it behaves as though it has a dex requirement of 52. This fits really well.

If you have time and want to see this get more accurate, please collect some item data. It really helps!
Last edited by Siveran on Nov 2, 2014, 1:49:19 AM
fantastic job, really useful little tool! keep up the good work :)
"
mokaiba wrote:

conclusion

it is cheaper to just outright but an item that has the socket colors you want.

you assume u can buy it. please find me a GGGBBB litghtning coil for my CoC setup

and this is common unique. what about rares where only one exists...

this tool is extremely useful and saved me mucho denero find the best path to take

ofc goes without saying seek out item with colors u want first before throwing thousands of chroms a an item but many times simply will not exist
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 30, 2014, 5:01:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info