Path of Exile's December PvP Update

oh cool releasing content based on watching annoying desync laggers teleport around and packs of NPC minions fight eachother while summoner builds pretend they're pvping.
Act 4 !!! Can't wait !!!
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
TOO HAPPY, Season PVP and acte 4 soooooooooooooooooooooooooooon !!! AWESOME !!!
"
The fact that best in slot gear costs hundreds of exalts already is a show stopper for me already. I hope GGG thinks of some sort of tiers like in StarCraft (bronze, silver, gold and so on) that is used for match making, otherwise my future time limited, barely one exalted worth of gear PvP toon will crawl back into his hideout to be deleted shortly after :D

Totally this, I don't PvP, and if a PvP season was made would be interested in having a go, fighting people who are both experts and have better PvP gear, and thus me losing BADLY all the time would be a huge annoyance, and mean people new to PvP in PoE like me would most likely not bother, if us beginners fight each other and have a chance at winning/improving, that at least means having fun, and so carrying on with PvP.

All that said, as long as it dosen't interfere with PvE at all, it won't matter either way to me, Act 4 hype alone is enough :)))
best named rare monster ever!
http://imgur.com/YZkKkDu
"
Bhai wrote:
"
GreenDude wrote:
"
KiPad wrote:
Sick but honestly take someone in addition greendude. He knows a lot about LLD but he's downright clueless about HLD.

Downright clueless is harsh. Especially since I hosted an HLD tournament and did my research via pvp feedback and I also asked HLDers directly for info. See this reply:
"
No. I did do my research before I left and I even made a thread where I asked HLDers to tell me one thing they'd like to change about HLD if they could. However I still do not consider myself an HLD expert by any means. This is also why HLD is not the main focus yet, because it still needs more work.

I`m not going to pretend I know anything about your knowledge of HLD, although your overt lack participation in HLD does place some significant limit on it. But things like you not uploading all of the HLD tournament videos when you promised to weeks (almost a month?) ago indicates a significant bias that I'm not particularly comfortable with guiding PvP related decisions.

Actually I even still have the LLD SC to upload. The truth is my internet is garbage. I only have unlimited bandwidth between midnight and 6 am. This means downloading all the vods from twitch or uploading all the youtube videos must be done on days where I can stay up til midnight to start the download (which due to work and school, is not always!)

Furthermore, i spent a week gone to new zealand and doing school work and tests in advance because I was going to miss school. All these things factored in to make me unable to finish uploading the HLD events. Why would I leave a half empty playlist on my channel, of course I want to finish it.

You choose not to assume my HLD knowledge but you assumed everything about why the vods are not online.

Also my HLD knowledge did not change anything because the truth is there was not enough time to bring HLD to a reasonable good balance for HLD events to occur. I'll link a vod from hege's stream on the pvp feedback section tomorrow, where I answered his questions about why HLD wasn't there and more. I hope that vod will help answer your questions.
edit: ok check this thread out: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1088267
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Oct 16, 2014, 4:41:08 AM
"
MullaXul wrote:
Oh man, this will end one of two ways. Either it will be great and GreenDude relayed the right information and/or GGG actually looked at the non bias non dumb ass comments in the pvp section. Or it will be a cluster fuck where gems are buffed for LLD use subsequently making them more broken in HLD and we all just wish the whole thing was left alone in its current messed up state.

Actually if something is balanced in HLD but broken in LLD (or vice versa) what is done is the gem is scaled differently.

You know when you see posts by chris that say "This gem's damage is increased as lower levels and by lvl 18 it is the same damage?" Well that stuff can be done in pvp scaling too so that high level and low level don't get affected by the same scaling.

edit: check this out, its easier for me to answer every1 here http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1088267
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Oct 16, 2014, 4:42:24 AM
I prefer PVE gameplay, I will say that and get it right out of the way. I sometimes partake in casual, just for fun competitive pvp with friends. I'm curious to find out if the up coming pvp centered features will be geared towards the absolute core best of the best pvp players.

Will there be room for people like myself who don't necessarily want to or have the time to create a pure pvp based build with full gear? It would be fun to go against people who have similar skill that I do and around the same quality of gear. Without having to get beat into a pulp against someone who takes pvp on a serious core gamer level.

On the topic of Act IV. I've super excited, I can't wait to see all the new creatures!
More variety of monsters to smash, slash, split and slaughter is something I think all poe players desire.

Thanks for all your hard work GGG team. Keep up the great work!
"I didn't know we were making a pants simulator." - Chris Wilson
Great PvP is coming with a big Update & even Tournaments. I'm not good at this Part of PoE but I love the Community now gets this & I like to watch it.

Bringing in Someone like Greendude for that seems to be a good Idea!

A ReSpec with 1.3 is always welcome to try new Things & the Act 4 Hype seems to get real now ... soo close now, I almost can smell the Snow ;)
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)
"Learning everything we can about how people play PvP"

But nobody does seriously play PvP, and this greendude hype reeks of marketing. So far PvP has been an unbalanced mess that has little room for skill and it's incredibly obvious to most people, it's just 2 people running around with punture traps half of the time and other times it's one build just hard countering another which is like rock paper scissors and is objectively terrible "balance" for any serious PvP, so all of this hype around PvP is either delusional or marketing to push a certain website.

I suppose with a big update to everything it could be much more balanced but I'm sceptical of how truly balanced it will ever be, it's a complicated game to balance properly for PvP. Also, I hope it doesn't take away from other content considering how PvP is a tiny part of the game, it could be fun, but sounds like a bad idea to have most of the expansion's content be PvP orientated.
Last edited by oBLACKIECHANo on Oct 16, 2014, 5:25:28 AM
LET THE CARNAGE BEGIN!
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info