[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

"
Fiqst I like to know what you think of the new Wild Strike gem.

It looks interesting to play with but I still think that Vigilant Strike and ice crash do the most dps.

Also Phase Run with it's 40% more melee damage is so good. (even without movement speed)

I have a marauder build that uses enemy resistances to my advantage by converting most of the damage to fire and dropping enemy fire resistance by 78%. And even as an 80k RT build, the clear speed is almost as fast as this 200k Vulcan build.

So I've been thinking about making an EE build for a while now, perhaps using the initial flicker strike, infused with an element, to inflict the EE effect and dual strike with the other elements to great effect.

If there is a way to use wild strike with EE, as well as playing with enemy resistances, it could be really powerful.

The problem is with hatred and HoA, which deals cold and fire at the same time to all attacks, and this makes EE useless.

I hope someone makes a good melee build with WS, I'd love to see it and make my own version of it.

Phase run looks OP as hell. But i'm pretty sure it will burn all frenzy charges at once on use, which might make poisoning fail and you end up with zero regen. I'll have to test it thoroughly.

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Note about HoA prolif:

During my time in the beta i focused on testing lots of things involving this build and especially "massive single target damage feeding HoA burn".

The build i used was a 40k dps RT 2h mace ice crash that had HoA prolif (no Inc burn). The build used hypothermia as part of the tabula 6L so the dps was much higher than what was indicated on tooltip.

What i learnt was that burn prolif is still usable but diminished slightly.

Testing on a lvl 74 map, once the burn area was initiated, targets that walked into it suffered a burn that killed them in about 4 seconds. To me, a 40k dps RT build with that level of burn would classify HoA burn as still being effective, especially once you factor in using a 200k crit build.

So HoA prolif stays in this build until i can test it properly when it's live.

The backup plan if it doesn't work as well as it should is to swap it with arctic armour. The 12% extra physical reduction, plus 20% fortify, plus 12% max endurance charges on top of armor levels is a pretty significant defence, especially if i took IR.
Last edited by fiqst on Jul 2, 2015, 11:40:30 AM
Hai , I've been following your build and its amazing . Nice build . But I want to ask something . I heard from my friend that in the awakening , mana leech would be a problem . So for the next patch , how would you overcome the mana leech problem if this build cannot leech mana as much as for the current patch ? Or , you already test this build and found no problem with mana leech for awakening ?
"
yveroby wrote:
Hai , I've been following your build and its amazing . Nice build . But I want to ask something . I heard from my friend that in the awakening , mana leech would be a problem . So for the next patch , how would you overcome the mana leech problem if this build cannot leech mana as much as for the current patch ? Or , you already test this build and found no problem with mana leech for awakening ?

Thanks for the nice words.

I already have plans to update this build on friday.

I haven't had a chance to test out the build in beta since i don't have enough time to collect all the pieces.

So to test out mana leech, i'll have to wait until it goes live to see how i can make it work. In the meantime, i'm always looking at other builds to see their solutions and if i find a good solution, and i know i will, it will be added.

From what i understand from this video, life and mana leech isn't a problem when clearing maps but it is a problem when facing a single target.

This is the tree i'm considering:

112 points

At the bottom left, i can spend 3 nodes to solve any mana leech issues i have:

What i also need to test is whether i need vaal pact or not
25% chance to gain a frenzy on kill is too low, especially since this build relies on max frenzy charges to poison.

I've decided to drop HoA prolif and take up HoI instead:

GGBB
HoI
CoH
AM
Ice Bite

Auto curse + auto frenzy generation, on top of the 25%.

So this is my current planned set up:

Chest: RRRBBG
ice crash
MPD
WED
conc eff
hypothermia
crit strikes

Abyssus: RRRG
cwdt
IC
inc duration
ice golem

Boots:GGGR
flicker
coc
phase run
fortify

Snakebite:GGBB
HoI
CoH
AM
Ice Bite

Catalyst: ???
?
?
?

Bino: GGG
whirling blades
blood rage
enhance
About mana stuff, I need to point out that I found a Jewel that has 2 mana/hit on it, which is huge when you consider that there's only 2 passives on the tree near Duelist that have mana/hit. That 1 Jewel freed up several points for me.

About blood rage, yeah, I'm probably going ice bite/hypothermia or something. It'll take some testing.
IGN: Frazetta
Hey fiqst

as day one has gone in 2.0 launch, ive been wondering about my vulcan... i have all gear needed for it from 1.3 but I dont know what have been changed for 2.0 in the build...

i heard you are going ice crash with hypothermia and such... but i was wondering if there is any way i can still include a multistrike reliant gem (dual/lightning/static strike etc.)
I really enjoyed playing dual strike with 1.3 setup and id like to continue with something linked with multistrike (i like fast attacking animations hehe).

Another quick question... can i still run _____ strike with multistrike and still maintain 200k or higher dps?

ice crash + multistrike?

Thanks man... Rest in Peace Vulcan
@Axdie
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2076866 >>> Wolves of Wraeclast <Wolves>

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2093385 >>> Morbid Torc | Old #1 Howa Amulet
Hi. There are a few reasons why i have put vulcan to rest:

1. Relying on HoA prolif to be the sole AoE component. Although it still works, it won't be same as it once was.

2. The leech changes made it important to leech from multiple targets. A single target skill won't leech fast enough.

3. Vulcan uses hatred and HoA. After the blood rage change, 25% chance for frenzy just isn't good enough. I needed to include HoI-Ice Bite to fill the generation needs. HoI isn't a great AoE skill
Hmm oke

should i go for your ice crash build crusader?

it looks really nice... how is the tooltip dps atm on that build anf is there any way i can run ice crash with multistrike?

Thanks for your reply:)

//Axdie
@Axdie
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2076866 >>> Wolves of Wraeclast <Wolves>

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2093385 >>> Morbid Torc | Old #1 Howa Amulet
Ice crash doesn't work with multi unfortunately, it actually lowers attack speed quite a bit.

The advantage is with the powerful damage per hit and the 360° AoE.

To be honest, i like not waiting for multistrike animations to finish

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info