[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

"
VapersIsland wrote:
I don't see any res nodes in this build.

From advanced setup:
lets take for example fire res:
boots 28
ring1 46
ring2 16

total: 90 res

My question is where from is the remaining 53 fire res fiqst

I really like the idea of that build but before I will spend alot of currency on a perfect setup I would like to know exacly where these come from. Are these on full charges?
Correct me if I'm wrong[/img]

You missed the belt:

and this from the tree:

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Can't you just optimise your own gear for resists? Btw, the sentinel node gives 10 to all res.

Capping resists is not hard to do, especially if you can afford the more expensive gear.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Ok, I've changed the Evasion/Acrobatics tree slightly:

wraithe's Eva/Acro tree

The other one had useless armour/life nodes which i swapped for Blood Drinker.

I've been testing vengeance quite a bit.

When the gem was released i thought i saw potential for a new way to deliver curses, so i could drop HoT and gain back 15% mana, and possibly some reservation nodes. But the 30% chance to proc is too low for that.

Instead, i have been trialling

flicker
vengeance
coc
immortal call

With flicker being used to cast IC as usual, and vengeance casting IC when under attack. This has been working out quite well so far. The skill itself is quite powerful and and the resulting life leech is life-saving.

Here's a short video of vengeance in action as a defence mechanism:

http://youtu.be/9KC8SoRf6FU

It's particularly useful during desync.

The drawback is the loss of increased duration, dropping IC to about 3 seconds. But there are 3 IC triggers (cwdt, flicker and vengeance) so duration isn't an issue.
Last edited by fiqst on Dec 17, 2014, 7:46:09 AM
Edit: wrong post
Last edited by fiqst on Dec 17, 2014, 7:32:09 AM
That tree looks very solid. I've tried to adjust mine to get 5k+ hp (lost some dps though). Working nicely. No more desperate/frightening moments.

Good to know you are testing Vengeance on CoC. I´m keeping track of any improvements you make on that. By the way I´m selling my other CoC helm (4ex for people from this thread) if anyone get's interested =) You can change colors at master lvl 8 (will need as much vaal orbs as chromatics).

Redid all the stats and screens of the build to reflect the transition from IR to hybrid eva/dodge.

How do you manage to sustain the skill cost?
Mana leech. Also, this build doesn't rely on hitting a lot of enemies, so any situation in which we might run out of mana never occurs.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
zaronim wrote:
How do you manage to sustain the skill cost?

Even 1% mana leech is enough for me, the efficiency has to do with the use of flicker strike as the first hit, it has very low mana cost, and refills mana to full in one hit for the subsequent DS
Completed the levelling guide

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info